Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Tis such a great show. excellent theme tune

You will probably have less fridge space as a result :P

Aw jeez, is that all I'm gonna get out of it? And ed, edd 'n eddy! My god I actually totally forgot about them. When I think of the kanker sisters now though, they just make my skin crawl.

Anywho, before I go to bed, I'm gonna tell off you and ewong for clogging up my email. I just keep getting thread update notifications :P Then again, I'll only get one more until I'm next on it... which will probably be very soon.

Chat away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Shinato wrote: »
    Aw jeez, is that all I'm gonna get out of it? And ed, edd 'n eddy! My god I actually totally forgot about them. When I think of the kanker sisters now though, they just make my skin crawl.

Anywho, before I go to bed, I'm gonna tell off you and ewong for clogging up my email. I just keep getting thread update notifications :P Then again, I'll only get one more until I'm next on it... which will probably be very soon.

Chat away :D
    Yes. yes it is :P

you can unsubscribe to email updates by clicking the link in the email :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EWong

Tis such a great show. excellent theme tune

You will probably have less fridge space as a result :P

I never found any decent ones to even try that :P

he's a great film maker, i just feel like TDKR didnt make a fitting trilogy end

it was an american one so it figures it was way bigger than ones in ireland. yeah nolan is a great film maker and when he teams up with Hans Zimmer for the score you've always got a winning combination. What was it about TDKR that disappointed you? I heard some people weren't happy with the ending of it and really
    Talia al Ghul's death
    was the most laughable thing ever.

EWong wrote: »
    it was an american one so it figures it was way bigger than ones in ireland. yeah nolan is a great film maker and when he teams up with Hans Zimmer for the score you've always got a winning combination. What was it about TDKR that disappointed you? I heard some people weren't happy with the ending of it and really
    Talia al Ghul's death
    was the most laughable thing ever.
    Just too predictable tbh, also spoilers need to be avoided :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

EWong wrote: »
    yeah they're really small and i imagine that a lot of people get really competitive for the first semester but then can't be bothered after that. it sounds like something i'd do anyway. i don't really have any experience with psychology i just like to read books on the subject i guess. yeah no worries rn, you've got plenty of time to sort that stuff out!

have you spoken to anyone that'll be living with you yet? i live in the next town over so i'm really jealous of everyone who gets to move away from home for college. :)

Ah you'll be fine. When the exams come along, I'll be supporting you with a banner, or something extravagant anyway :P

It's pretty interesting, but when it hit LC, I did art instead of biology. Loved art though. And the teacher loved my english accent. He made me do every... art... presentation...

But no, I've not been talking to anyone from my place. Anyone here going to Mullin? It's probably gonna be all girls and that's all I know about it. You shouldn't be jealous, we can have house parties at yours too :P

Anywho I'm going to bed. Talk to ya later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EWong

Just too predictable tbh, also spoilers need to be avoided :P

true it wasn't exactly mind blowing or anything and whoops sorry i completely forgot about spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nappertandy384

I usually only observe these threads instead of participating, but since I'm moving to Maynooth tomorrow (eeep!) and can't sleep I thought I'd join! (and also because you guys seem cool)

My names Aoife and I'm from Donegal. I'm doing English, French and maybe Irish through Arts. Anybody else as nervous/excited as me? I'm guessing it's a bit too late to start posting here but oh well..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I usually only observe these threads instead of participating, but since I'm moving to Maynooth tomorrow (eeep!) and can't sleep I thought I'd join! (and also because you guys seem cool)

My names Aoife and I'm from Donegal. I'm doing English, French and maybe Irish through Arts. Anybody else as nervous/excited as me? I'm guessing it's a bit too late to start posting here but oh well..:)
    Welcome to Maynooth (and to boards also) Aoife! Hope you enjoy your time here :) Certainly isn't too late to start posting, even going by the time :p some of us are rather nocturnal :pac: English is so awesome; I wish I was starting it all over again like yous lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nappertandy384

Seren_ wrote: »
    Welcome to Maynooth (and to boards also) Aoife! Hope you enjoy your time here :) Certainly isn't too late to start posting, even going by the time :p some of us are rather nocturnal :pac: English is so awesome; I wish I was starting it all over again like yous lot!

Thanks! Yes English is definitely my favourite subject I can't wait to start but the first week is going to be nervewrecking! I'm so nervous yet cannot wait to start meeting new people and from what I've gathered so far thanks to boards, all Maynoothians seem so sound! I'm moving to Beaufield and was just wondering if it's a long walk to the college? Because that might just be the death of me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It's not too bad, about 15 minutes of a walk. On a wet morning it's not fun but other than that it's grand :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Seren_ wrote: »
    It's not too bad, about 15 minutes of a walk. On a wet morning it's not fun but other than that it's grand :p

In other words, get used to doing it on a wet morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DerekG87

On a serious note.... My teabags have been STOLEN!.. Brought up 600 teabags yesterday, left them in d kitchen overnight, came in today around two and BAMM, 600 teabags gone.. Told reception, and the only people who had been in d apartment were d cleaners.. Seriously Bulling!

No Tay for anyone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

DerekG87 wrote: »
    On a serious note.... My teabags have been STOLEN!.. Brought up 600 teabags yesterday, left them in d kitchen overnight, came in today around two and BAMM, 600 teabags gone.. Told reception, and the only people who had been in d apartment were d cleaners.. Seriously Bulling!

No Tay for anyone!!!

Jesus :eek: That is a hell of a lot of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

No Tay for anyone!!!

That is genuinely the worst thing I've ever heard & I'm not even being sarcastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DerekG87

Could have taken Anything they wanted, Bar the tae!

Who messes with a fellas Tae?!

Thats d Tae-Party put on hold!

No Tay for anyone!!!
    Other housemates in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

HAAAAALPPPP massive spider in room....just disapeared...If I don't post in 10 minutes someone come save me

HE#S UNDER MY SLIPPPER

HE'S TRAPPED UNDER A CANDLE

HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE

JP!!!!!!! He's climbing up the candle on the inside......I'm proper scared right now!!!

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    JP!!!!!!! He's climbing up the candle on the inside......I'm proper scared right now!!!
    it's a spider... a non-lethal one at that :P trap it and let go outside....don't dare kill it...or i'll have words with aragog

it's a spider... a non-lethal one at that :P trap it and let go outside....don't dare kill it...or i'll have words with aragog

I don't kill anything...nothing!! Where are you??? It's huge!! I'm not going anywhere near it, it's inside the candle and I'm tempted to ask the chinese food delivery driver to get rid of it haha!!

I don't kill anything...nothing!! Where are you??? It's huge!! I'm not going anywhere near it, it's inside the candle and I'm tempted to ask the chinese food delivery driver to get rid of it haha!!
    hint: look at my username :P

he'll probably charge you extra. It won't even bite you. Put a piece of paper beside the surface that the candle is on, slide the candle till the spider is on the paper then let it go gently outside. #vegetarianftw

hint: look at my username :P

he'll probably charge you extra. It won't even bite you. Put a piece of paper beside the surface that the candle is on, slide the candle till the spider is on the paper then let it go gently outside. #vegetarianftw

Fancy coming to Maynooth and getting rid of George (I've named him)

Nope I'm not going near him. My dad will hopefully home within an hour. Ahhhhh

Fancy coming to Maynooth and getting rid of George (I've named him)

Nope I'm not going near him. My dad will hopefully home within an hour. Ahhhhh
    *takes off glasses in order to facepalm*

*takes off glasses in order to facepalm*

why??? I'm scareded!

why??? I'm scareded!
    you named it george, that's a terrible name for a spider

you named it george, that's a terrible name for a spider

Not if it's named after George Takei

Not if it's named after George Takei
    still is, Peter is apt :P

• Advertisement

still is, Peter is apt :P
    Peter is very generic for a spider, trying to find something in takei's bio about spiders!!

Advertisement