Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

stevek93 wrote: »
    Got the 32gb in pc world other day and loving it! :D does any one know where i can pick up a case in the city centre for less than a fiver till this one arrives http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nillkin-Black-Smart-Wake-Up-Folio-Leather-Case-Cover-Google-Nexus-7-16GB-8G-ASU-/290776477799?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item43b3a0f067, Also have a look at that case seems good.

Edit: Installed juice defender this morning am seeing good improvements on the battery life so far.

That's the case I bought too, you'll be waiting. I ordered it over 2 weeks ago and still no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

tok9 wrote: »

That's the case I bought too, you'll be waiting. I ordered it over 2 weeks ago and still no sign.

Wouldn't worry to much anything you buy from China takes forever to arrive, might buy a few screen protectors as well for some reason I never seem to get them to stick properly lol.

Anyone using firefox whole texts keeps deleting in a text box when pressing the return key :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I picked up the Port Phoenix 2 case in Tesco. Great fit for the Nexus 7, already saved it from a drop on concrete. Props it up nicely. €19.99.

wingnut wrote: »
    I picked up the Port Phoenix 2 case in Tesco. Great fit for the Nexus 7, already saved it from a drop on concrete. Props it up nicely. €19.99.

Rather the one I posted above don't really like the coners around the screen on that case.

• Advertisement

I was a sheep and ordered this from Amazon simply because it's so popular. Good for the price. Does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I did not know you can get 3G on the nexus if ya root it and have a 3G modem

that is pretty cool

Headshot wrote: »
    I did not know you can get 3G on the nexus if ya root it and have a 3G modem

that is pretty cool

Is that not standard with the cellular models?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pigfarmer44

This truly is an awesome bit of kit. I have installed vlc player and es file manager. I can now stream all media from my home network. Dream droid is a cool app, I can control my sat box and stream content. Using Hideman and bbc iplayer app, I have that sorted as well (hideman is about 2 bucks a month) . I can control foobar and utorrent on my pc with it, and reading books with Aldiko is awesome. It synches my google calendar from my pc, and social networking is easy to use. The app store has so much on offer. AVG security is good and free and comes with the ability to find your tablet if you lose it or it gets stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

This truly is an awesome bit of kit. I have installed vlc player and es file manager. I can now stream all media from my home network. Dream droid is a cool app, I can control my sat box and stream content. Using Hideman and bbc iplayer app, I have that sorted as well (hideman is about 2 bucks a month) . I can control foobar and utorrent on my pc with it, and reading books with Aldiko is awesome. It synches my google calendar from my pc, and social networking is easy to use. The app store has so much on offer. AVG security is good and free and comes with the ability to find your tablet if you lose it or it gets stolen.

I'd thought VLC player was no longer available to download??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I'd thought VLC player was no longer available to download??

It's in beta mode. I downloaded it this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

What are the benefits of an OTG Cable?

Can get one cheap.

Have a look at dolphin broswer peoples chrome is sh!t https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    What are the benefits of an OTG Cable?

Can get one cheap.

you can use it to connect a usb stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Anybody using a 3G dongle with Nexus 7?
    If yes, which type/model?
    I presume it must be hacked/rooted or? ---- I don't want to hack just now

2295861727.png

What a fast PING I have ,compared to
    stevek93
    above

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Have a look at dolphin broswer peoples chrome is sh!t https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en

Looks decent. Will give it a try.

I'd agree with you about Chrome too. Don't have as many issues with it on my Nexus but on my phone, it crashes at least once a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Got a nexus 7 in Argos yesterday for 189.99 it's my sons Christmas present, are they good !!

Bit late to be asking now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Technophobe

stonybroke wrote: »
    Got a nexus 7 in Argos yesterday for 189.99 it's my sons Christmas present, are they good !!

Simple answer..yes !!
    and thats a good price ;)

Looks decent. Will give it a try.

I'd agree with you about Chrome too. Don't have as many issues with it on my Nexus but on my phone, it crashes at least once a day.
    Yep it blows chrome away I find as well chrome has a lot of stutter and lag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

stonybroke wrote: »

Jaysus? That's cheaper than straight from google?!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

I resevered it on wednesday, the price was 239, when I got to argos in the Illac to collect it was 189, happy days !!

Anyone know when android 4.2 is coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone know when android 4.2 is coming out?

13th of November, not sure if it will be on the nexus 7 then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Will it support profile switching or is that reserved for "full" tablets?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Will it support profile switching or is that reserved for "full" tablets?

As far as I know its on the nexus 7 :D we should see it by the end of the month so if its out on the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Just wondering if anyone here knows that if I buy the nexus 7 from the google play store and get it delivered to my address in the UK, but don't power it up until I'm back in Ireland on Christmas day, would I still get the play store credit? Because I think I heard that only Ireland doesn't get that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

shizz wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here knows that if I buy the nexus 7 from the google play store and get it delivered to my address in the UK, but don't power it up until I'm back in Ireland on Christmas day, would I still get the play store credit? Because I think I heard that only Ireland doesn't get that?

Thats deal ended a couple of months ago. It was only for the early purchasers of the N7.

Eligibility and Restrictions

If you travel outside of the country in which the credit is issued, it will not be valid for purchases outside of your local currency.
    The $25 Google Play credit is not transferable between accounts
    The $25 Google Play credit offer ends September 30, 2012.

Also there were plenty of way around country restrictions - i got $50 spread over my two accounts :D

Advertisement