Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Thats deal ended a couple of months ago. It was only for the early purchasers of the N7.

Also there were plenty of way around country restrictions - i got $50 spread over my two accounts :D

Ah balls. Oh well. That clears that. :) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

Asus are now giving €25 to anyone that bought it before 29th OCT cause of the price drop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

doctorg wrote: »
    Asus are now giving €25 to anyone that bought it before 29th OCT cause of the price drop

That looked sweet till I read up about it!
    So you’ve carefully done your research and decided to purchase the award winning Nexus 7 by ASUS. We’d like to welcome you to the family by offering you a ₤25 coupon valid for purchases from our ASUS Shop online store!

* Effective application dates:
    October 30th - November 30th, 2012

Qualification:
    1. Nexus 7 purchased by October 29th, 2012.
    2. Nexus 7 purchased at our physical channels and its online shops.
    3. Complete registration at ASUS member site
    4. Submission of proof of purchase.

What does that bolded line above entail? I got my mine in PC World... does that count as a physical channel?

Seems like a lot of effort to get something in their shop (which doesn't have a great selection!)

Details @ http://event.asus.com/2012/tablet/nexus_7/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Anybody able to tell me what these 2 numbers look like

Contract code from Warranty Card*

Password from Warranty Card*

Have tried various combinations from the sicker on the warranty leaflet but none seem to work and there is no help on the site
    Have tried these--Contract code from Warranty Card*::
    CSSN: 015d2d426f4bee0f

Password from Warranty Card;
    VN:3222

OR
    Nexus Asus - 1B015A

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laszlo

What does that bolded line above entail? I got my mine in PC World... does that count as a physical channel?

Seems like a lot of effort to get something in their shop (which doesn't have a great selection!)

Do they have an online store that Irish customers can use? I can't seem to find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Just registered my tablet with them thanks OP now we play the waiting game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Got mine in argos, but I don't think that or PC world counts as one of their official shops. Maybe I'm wrong?

Sh!t just looked at my receipt bought it on the 30th not the 29th day late lol was wondering why I wasn't receiving a email from Asus. :P

Oh and its €30 for us not €25 (to lazy to edit my post)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Not working for me. Says incorrect serial number even though when I entered it first, it automatically recognized the device but when i click submit it is giving me incorrect serial number. Very weird.

• Advertisement

kave2 wrote: »
    Not working for me. Says incorrect serial number even though when I entered it first, it automatically recognized the device but when i click submit it is giving me incorrect serial number. Very weird.
    The 3rd number isn't a o its a 0 made the same mistake.

I have only 3 letters d, a, f and the rest is numbers.. I tried the cssn number from the box which is the same as the one in the device and ssn number from the box, none of the working.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Its definitely the ssn, mine started with C8OKBC. Very picky, keep trying until you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laszlo

About these Asus refund vouchers, if anyone manages to find out where can they be used, I'd be grateful for the info. From what I can see Asus does not have an Irish online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Got mine registered, same as everyone else, took a few go's. There a thread over on xda about some of the hoops you have to jump through to register here.
    I'm waiting on a reply from Asus to see what i actually get. I bought mine in Argos, they accepted that at registration.

I'll get back with any updates.

Is this only for the 16gb before the 32gb was released and the price changed correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

The ASUS website is a spectacular ball of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

aka Dus wrote: »
    The ASUS website is a spectacular ball of ****e.

Sure is. Went to register my nexus 7 last night and it was really, finally got to the registration form and it was in Chinese!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is there anything even worth getting on the site?

Very little for the Nexus on it, just a few different colour covers and the adaptor.

Did anyone receive the email from Asus? It took quite a lot of attempts but managed to get it registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finally got my case. It's pretty nice and turns the device on and off which is nice.

Still has to be folded a bit more before it is properly working but very good in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

kave2 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive the email from Asus? It took quite a lot of attempts but managed to get it registered.

I was able to register, but no email from Asus yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Anyone tried this to see if it supports profiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Lol:
    To protect your password from been vandalized, please mix it with alphabets and numerals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Oh god, how have these guys been able to produce hardware:
    Dear ASUS User
    Due to the Server is now busy, we apologize the webpage(s) cannot be opened on your request. Please try this site later. Thank you.... Congratulation Mr. Conor

wingnut wrote: »
    Oh god, how have these guys been able to produce hardware:

Take it you haven't seen the build quality issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Brilliant, updated to 4.2 using Rom Manager from Android 4.1.2 build JZO54K. simple as ;)

Advertisement