Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

bogman wrote: »
    Brilliant, updated to 4.2 using Rom Manager from Android 4.1.2 build JZO54K. simple as ;)

How did you install rom manager? Got adb working to reboot the device into recovery but after that it then fails to recognise it :confused:

Quick update adb is sending the zip over now will report back when its installed. :D

Edit: Just installed liking it so far only issue had so far was nova launcher wasn't working properly updated to beta and now working perfect, hopefully this update will fix some of the software bug in 4.1.2.

Also if you are installing via adb install pdanet if it doesn't work and noticed it takes a few minutes for the commands to get going so just be patient. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Rooted using Wugs Nexus toolkit when I got the Nexus first day

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

From what I remember it installed Clockwork Mod as part of the installation, you seem to be doing fine using ADB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Got 4.2, liking the new touches, especially the profiles. Dolphin browser crashes on me every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Rooted the Nexus 7 originally using Wugs toolkit below

Think Clockwork Mod was part of the package, you seem to be doing fine with ADB Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

MCR will be up tomorrow so I'll wait for that.

bogman wrote: »
    Rooted using Wugs Nexus toolkit when I got the Nexus first day

From what I remember it installed Clockwork Mod as part of the installation, you seem to be doing fine using ADB

Cool might have a look at that so. Waited a while till I rooted as LOADS of people were complaining about the build quality including the dreaded screen lift, warranty voided if I was to root.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    MCR will be up tomorrow so I'll wait for that.

What's MRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

No photosphere support for nexus 7 :(
    It would be hard to take a pic with the cam facing you though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,414 ✭✭✭irishgeo

where is the nexus 7 serial number if i dont have the box?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Really impressed at how well the profiles work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

marcbrophy wrote: »
    No photosphere support for nexus 7 :(
    It would be hard to take a pic with the cam facing you though :pac:

That's just due to the fact that you have the camera app installed from the play store?

You could find it elsewhere I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

shizz wrote: »
    That's just due to the fact that you have the camera app installed from the play store?

You could find it elsewhere I'd imagine.

Yeah possibly! Even though it's the one created by that guy from Modaco,which hasn't been updated since July 4th, since I upgraded to 4.2 it shows the photosphere function, but it says not compatible.

Strange!
    I'm sure there's a way to get it working though!

Why am I noticing lag after the update :(

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

stevek93 wrote: »

Not just me so.

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Not just me so.

Have noticed it before flashing a new ROM over a old one my Galaxy S without wiping it in the recovery maybe a wipe would fix things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

The new update sucks balls. Forced closes all over the place and the multiple accounts things works great but is as slow as hell. Hopefully they bring out a little update to iron out these problems fast.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    The new update sucks balls. Forced closes all over the place and the multiple accounts things works great but is as slow as hell. Hopefully they bring out a little update to iron out these problems fast.

Agreed. Very tempted to flash a custom ROM back to 4.1.2, if I do this can I go back to stock if I it ever needs to be returned?

Also if you haven't upgraded to 4.2 yet Id advise not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got the update - firefox beta is crashing constantly

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

I got the update - firefox beta is crashing constantly

Try Dolphin https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Can it play flash ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

For the record my snappy N7 has turned into a lagfest since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

+1. Currently backing up before flashing to ParanoidAndroid :(

Don't think the lag problem in Android will ever be fixed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

About those suffering from lag after the update to 4.2. I got the update OTA from Google last night and it was incredibly slow after so went to bed pissed off. This morning though it was fine. I think it was just checking for updates of apps, logging into apps, checking for notifications, updating widgets and verifying crap after the update all at once and it was fine again after a while once that crap finished and returned to normal cycles. For example the Facebook App was killing the ram after the update but is back to normal now. Hopefully it will stay as speedy as it is now.

Dudda wrote: »
    About those suffering from lag after the update to 4.2. I got the update OTA from Google last night and it was incredibly slow after so went to bed pissed off. This morning though it was fine. I think it was just checking for updates of apps, logging into apps, checking for notifications, updating widgets and verifying crap after the update all at once and it was fine again after a while once that crap finished and returned to normal cycles. For example the Facebook App was killing the ram after the update but is back to normal now. Hopefully it will stay as speedy as it is now.

Not the same here just home picked up my tablet and straight away noticed lag on the screen screen and browsing throughout the launcher. Its like its trying to load while giving less resources to the UI.

I added a 2nd user, I see complaints on the web that this causes the lag, did the rest of ye seeing lag do the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Inquitus wrote: »
    I added a 2nd user, I see complaints on the web that this causes the lag, did the rest of ye seeing lag do the same?
    Had been laggy before I added the second user and still is after I deleted the other user.

• Advertisement

Don't think the lag problem in Android will ever be fixed. :(

My Galaxy Note 2, SGS3 before it and Galaxy Nexus before that were/are all lag free.

Advertisement