Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Thrilled with your news Digs :-) I enrolled him in one school when he was 3weeks old. Hard to imagine them being that grown up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Great news Digs.

We've our 2 month vacs next week. She was very cranky the day after the bcg. The vacs get worse as they get older especially when they start looking at you with wounded eyes as much as to say 'why did you let them do that to me' or when they actually cry and say 'mammy, no'. I know some women who make the dads bring them for the vacs because they can't bear to hear them crying afterwards. However it's over in a few seconds and it is for their benefit in the long run. I'm always a little teary after the first couple though as they're so small.

We must put A down for schools too.

Our back dated child benefit will be paid on 1st July which was very quick. I registered her two weeks ago.

Yeah the little crying eyes looking at you is awful during the vaccinations. I brought my mam when we went last week but i think she got more upset!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Thanks girls, we are so relieved!

L breezed through her bcg but in fairness she got it on day two in hospital and was still in the sleepy baby phase. She wasn't bothered by having her bloods done so maybe she won't be too bad, the phn told me most of the time it's hardest on Mum!

Putting the name down in school was surreal alright, looking at all the tots in their uniforms, so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

That's right, after my baby boy's second set of injections at 2 months, the GP spent more time asking me if I was okay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Hey April mommies :) good to hear everyone is doing so well. I'm back home with baby to the hubby since last Friday :D so happy to be back! It's a little surreal still. Felt on my own for so long and now I have so much support. Our house is lovely and he had our new bedroom prepared beautifully :)
    Baby Khaled is sleeping through the night since we arrived and in the mornings he cuddles up between mommy and daddy in our bed. :o:)
    He was a very brave boy for his 8 week vaccination on Tuesday. (Not a nice way to introduce baby to Abu Dhabi lol!)
    He is winning everyone's hearts over here and I feel even more I love with his daddy :)

Great news Pinkheels. Delighted your family is together again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Hey all

How did all the babies manage with the hot weather? And are any of them teething yet. My little lad is and it's so hard on him he was sleeping from 9p.m To 9a.m But back to waking up at 5a.m and again at 8. Wish the tooth would appear but could be months.
    Hope all are well the PHN said to try some spoon feeding and he loves it! It's funny how messy it gets

Yup we are drooling like a monster here and gnawing at everything going! Won't take a teether yet though.

Yea DS doesn't like the teether but loves the toys from his playmatt and the wrong end of the soother, whatever works :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I was just remarking earlier it was the first of August last year we took a test and found out I was pregnant!! I even have a pic of the test on my phone :)

Man that year flew :)

I should have tested around that time but didnt until the 7th of Aug.. I wasn't thinking the result would be Jack I was in (best way ever) shock!! I hadn't realised I wasnt feeling great until I was 5 weeks

I was just thinking about that recently. I took my test on 23rd August. The first few cheapie ones said negative but I knew I was pregnant because of how I felt so I got a clear blue one and it was positive.

Wow, it's hard to believe its a year ago! She's sitting here in her bouncy chair playing with her toys and gurgling away :)

It'll be funny to see the April 2014 thread starting up soon.

Hope all you April mommies are well :)

I didn't find out I was pregnant last year until I was about 6 weeks. I had no idea and had just been travelling in the West Bank for a month! I had to take 4 tests before I believed it. I can remember the shock and my hand shaking holding the result!

I don't think we're teething yet. Although he's starting to want to put everything in his mouth! He's really eager to sit up. He grabs onto our fingers and pulls himself up into a sitting position.

I'm still exclusively BF. He's a lot less hungry these days. He's more fascinated by the people and things around him it seems.

He's sleeping well but just a bit too late at night. I need to work on that as soon as Ramadan is over and our late night guests stop arriving!

We found out I was pregnant on August 17th. It was the day after we arrived home from honeymoon and exactly 9 months later my little man was born :D

We're definitely teething here as well....drool everywhere and he's shoving everything into his mouth!

I'm also still exclusively bf Pinkheels and find the same regarding him not being as hungry and more interested in what's happening around us. It makes public feedings harder though.

How Strange I keep looking out for the April 2014 thread :D

Well with my little man only 4 months old I found out the 7th of August and I found out I'm now expecting with number 2 and I got my positive on the 6th of August.. I see a pattern here

I wonder what'll happen on 5th August 2014.....

I'm gonna bet on nothin!! Husband can get the man pill waiting couple of years between the next two for sure.

My dad said sure keep goin

Huge congratulations Synester Shadow!!

Thank you.. Stressful times ahead

Really would take me to be back here a year later

• Advertisement

How are all the mammys now after the first year? I've a week until my little rascal is 1 the times flown by. Can't believe how quick babies change and figure things out. It's crazy! Safe to say he runs circles round me

How are all the mammys now after the first year? I've a week until my little rascal is 1 the times flown by. Can't believe how quick babies change and figure things out. It's crazy! Safe to say he runs circles round me

Happy birthday month April babies :) Khaled will be 1 on the 19th. It's amazing how much they grow in just 12 months. He's walking now, can say "happy", "apple" and "eh-Bo" (elmo lol) and he just got his first bottom teeth which he is biting me with as I type... :)

É will be 1 on the 17th April. Can't believe how quick the year has gone, especially since I've been back at work.

My little baby is completely gone and has being replaced a proper little boy! When I think about how I used to worry about his weight....now he's a little lump and is so strong. He's not walking yet but his favourite thing is standing, getting up and getting back down, up and down all day long. Oh and crawling into tight corners exploring!

What a year :D

Its so nice to know how others are getting on. We have loved this year I'm due number 2 on the 17th of this month wondering will I go on due date again!?
    Its crazy how little baby is left in them now. I want time to slow down!!

Advertisement