Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats HS!!!! That's an amazing story!! And so just 4 days over! Not too bad! Can't believe it happened so quick! Hope your little girl manages feeding well and you enjoy this lovely time together as a family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats on your little girl HS!!!

DL - thanks for the reassurance re scan etc. Am hoping its nothing and it will correct itself. So hard not to worry, I just see a perfect baby girl and don't want anything to happen to her but I know in the grand scheme of things it's an easy problem to correct if needs be and there are far worse things about. Not worth worrying about until scan time anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Yay HS huge congrats on your little girl. Delighted you went by yourself too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Congrats HS :)
    Baby slept from 11-4.30 and 7-12 for me last night! I knew he'd be wrecked after the day he put me through yest! Lets hope he sleeps like that more often!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Great news How Strange!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Congrats HS!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Congrats all new Mams!! :)
    Sorry for long delay with our news, I stopped work just two days before having baba so feet have hardly touched the ground since!! Our little lady was born by c section two weeks ago a healthy 8lbs, she was loud when she came out!! The nights in the hospital after were v tough especially lifting and feeding her post op (our hospitals are so understaffed and over worked it's dreadful) but I was too busy staring into her eyes and on meds to care :D
    Hope you are all well and enjoying getting to know your little ones. It was great to pop in here over the nine months to get support or just read posts and know I wasn't going nuts and pregnancy doesn't last forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Digs my other little one has had ongoing hip issues PM me after the scan if you want any info or look at the thread in newborns and toddlers on Hip dysplasia

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056017665

Screening has improved in the last two years and I'm sure all with be fine for you. :)

Congrats Chuchu :-). God you didnt have much time to relax before your little one arrived! Hope everything is going well.

When is the scan Digs or have you already had it? (sorry i have lost all concept of time)

My little man is going through ANOTHER growth spurt. Im exhausted and a blocked milk duct over weekend has not helped :-( Phn was great though and was very reassuring and encouraging. She assured me it wont last long and it will get better.

Oh congrats on your little woman chuchu! Fair play for working right up, you must have been wrecked!

Scan is when L is 8 weeks so another 6 weeks to go. Will certainly take you up on the offer chuchu thanks, you're very good to offer. Had already read that thread and was a bit overwhelmed by it, you have all been through so much! I hope things are easier now? I am feeling a bit better between talking to the phn and the doc today. They said the resistance that's felt is slight so A) it might resolve itself B) it's so slight it mightn't need treatment or C) if really needed she should just need a brace for a few weeks which in the grand scheme of health issues isn't awful. The doc is going to check again at 6 weeks and see if its changed at all. Screening seems to have come a long way chuchu and its seems very treatable the earlier it's caught! She was a very long baby so the nurse said given she was a week over she might just have been a bit cramped in there!

She is kicking away in her little sundress at the moment so hard to think anything at all could be up! Feeding like a trooper and already 2oz past her birth weight :) it's the little things that get you excited these days!! Hoping this weather sticks around, it's just fab out! Hope you are all well, Nead the growth spurts are tiring, hope it passes soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Hey all whats the updates on mummyhood??

Hows the night feeds and nappy changes coming along..?
    I gotta say its been alot easier than everyone try'd frightening me into believing. So many said I'll never sleep again and thats not true at under 5 weeks Jack now sleeps 6 and a half hours and normally has bottle at 11 pm and sleeps then from 12 till half 6 then back to sleep after that bottle and up at 10..! Prob not the best sleeping baby out there but I'm so proud of my baby. Then the trouble I had with the no poops has finally worked out I changed baby to soy milk on friday and saturday,sunday and monday he has pooped! Im over the moon

So hows all the other April-early May babies??

We are going great guns here. Little baby F is five weeks since last Friday. The breastfeeding seems to be finally working out in that I'm not dreading the pain of it anymore - I read the What To Expect ... Breastfeeding book and being strict about his position and latch really really helped. Also, the breastfeeding thread in the newborn forum here, tons of such amazing advice and support.

I had an episiotomy and quite a lot of stitches. It feels like it has mostly healed now, and is okay, but I still feel a little strange down there, not in a huge way, just a bit sort of like there is pressure on the perianum (sp?) area. Wondering what is normal really! Hope everyone else is healing up well down there.

Well my healing is perfect was back to normal a week after and we're back to been a happy couple in the bedroom since Jack was 3 weeks but my labour was hassle free and no stitches thankfully.

It's nice to have people in the same boat with newborns and be able talk to others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Hey fellow mommies! :) Hope everyone's doing well. I'm taking things day by day with baby Khaled but he's really a good little baby. He's a month old now and sleeping for a 5 hour stretch at night, then will wake for about an hour and sleep another 3. The fact that I'm getting to sleep a good bit at night leaves me feeling a bit more like myself these days.
    I'm still exclusively BF and its going well now. There are the odd days when he seems to want to constantly feed and others when he wants to sleep all day. I am having some leaky boob issues on those days.
    The best thing I did was buy an electric pump (the medela swing) Although I've only used it once so far I'm going to start making more bottles with it soon so others can help out with the feeding.
    I even ventured out shopping on Friday and he slept for the whole 2 hours in his pram. :)
    Just under 4 weeks now until we're back in Abu Dhabi with his daddy. The time is flying by these days! Can't wait!

Lovely to hear you're doing so well pinkheels, you will be back home in no time, I'm sure your husband can't wait to have the pair of ye back :)

We are doing really well too, I am wondering if a laid back baby is my reward for going 11 days over! Have been getting out and about too (as much as the weather will allow!), twice I went for a walk this week and had to leg it home as the heavens opened but we've been to dundrum a few times and gone down to my husband for lunch, it's great once you start getting out and about, makes such a difference! L loves the car and the pram, knocks her straight out! We were in the baby clinic this week as I've an underactive thyroid so she had to have her blood checked. They put a needle in babies hand and the blood comes out in drops and all she did was smile at the doctor, he couldn't believe it. We had been wondering was she smiling ourselves but the doctor even said 3 weeks is pretty early but it definitely looked like she was!

We sees starting baby massage on Wednesday, there is a group that meets down the road from me with lots of young mums so am looking forward to getting to meet them!

I am wondering when these baby hormones are going to leave the system, already dying to go for number two and never thought I'd say that! Very dangerous state of mind to have given you're supposed to be most fertile after giving birth haha ;)

That's great news Digs. We are popping in and meeting his dad for lunch too, it is great for them to get an hour together during the day. So hard on the dads going back to work so soon :(

Yeah it's def tough on dads holding! Although it makes the weekends all the sweeter, I find myself really looking forward to Fridays now. My husband used to put in crazy hours at work but he's racing home in the evenings now, long may it last!

Hi everyone, it's lovely to hear you are all getting on:)

Éanna is 5weeks old tomorrow and I cant believe how quick the time is going. He's already gained about 2lbs and grown loads. We've had up and downs in that time as we find our feet but hubby is brilliant with him, and even the dog has been great :)

I'm still exclusively breastfeeding which I hope to continue as it seems to be going well and it's great not to have to make up bottles, especially at night.

Éanna is doing great. He's a contented little baby although he definitely has his moments usually when he has wind or when he's overstimulated and fighting sleep. I gave him a dodie which really helps getting his wind up (or down!!)

We just had our second baby massage class this morning and we're going to start baby yoga in a few weeks. My husband hates going to work these days. I'm looking forward to when Éanna starts paying him a bit more attention as at the moment it's all about the mammy!

As for getting broody...I definitely want another baby, but definitely not yet ha!!

We have our 6week check-ups next week. Any idea what to expect??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

From what I remember they check the baby's weight, that they're smiling, their eyes etc and then check externally for the position of your womb. The doctor may also just ask generally how you're coping as they'd be looking for signs of pnd.

I didn't bother going to the doctor for the 2 wk check which is just weighing them. I weighed A on the scales at home and at 3 weeks she's put on almost 1lb 10oz. ! I feel like premier dairies!

A had her bcg yesterday so she's out of sorts today.

Thanks How Strange. My usual GP is on holidays next week so I want to make sure the little man is well checked :) Mine is with the consultant.

Well done on the weight gain...she's thriving!

• Advertisement

My lil man had a few days of narkyness from bcg but back to normal now and doin great with feeding and sleeping. He gets annoyed before bed every night and fights sleep so now he has started to sooth himself a few roars and he's asleep. He is 6 weeks on Thursday times flown by. My doctor does check up at 8 weeks and 6 in 1 the same day.

I'm defo broody and I'd have another again tomorrow need to keep myself even more busy I think

How are all the April babies getting on? Feels like we ve had our little man for ages. He's only 8 wks but cant imagine life without our smiley baby. Hes gotten so big and really lost the newborn look. Myself and hubby had our first night out last saturday. My mam babysat and they both got on great :-)

Digs did you get your appointment for your little girl yet? I have my fingers crossed for you that all will go well when she has it.

Pimkheels have you been reunited with your OH yet?

Nead21 wrote: »
    How are all the April babies getting on? Feels like we ve had our little man for ages. He's only 8 wks but cant imagine life without our smiley baby. Hes gotten so big and really lost the newborn look. Myself and hubby had our first night out last saturday. My mam babysat and they both got on great :-)

Digs did you get your appointment for your little girl yet? I have my fingers crossed for you that all will go well when she has it.

Pimkheels have you been reunited with your OH yet?

Hey my lil man is 9 weeks now and we're goin to our second wedding already today he's so popular. Not had a proper night out from him yet even though loads want to take him. I will in time his christening is in 2 weeks. I take it your name is Sinead?
    How's your lil man sleeping??

Thanks so much Nead! Her ultrasound is Tuesday coming. At her 6 week check the gp did the hip check again and she couldn't feel anything so we're hoping its resolved itself. Not convinced until tues anyway but here's hoping :)

Sounds like you and your little man are doing great! I think the April babies are a good bunch ;) L is a doll, very well behaved and sleeping 6/7 hrs at night. She's not without her moments though :) def got personality!

We've been out once too, granny and grandad were chomping at the bit to get their hands on her. It's a funny feeling being out without them isn't it, not like it used to be. Myself and hubby were just saying what on earth did we do with our time before she arrived, life changes so much when these little people arrive, nothing can prepare you for it!!

He's taking a weeks holidays next week, can't wait, lots of family outings planned :)

Hope everyone is doing well and pinkheels like Nead said hope you're back with hubby by now?

Yep Sinead it is :-)

Little man sleeping ok. He usually wakes once for a feed but slept through last night. He usually doesnt sleep much during the day so when he sleeps through the night its very welcome!!

Nights are hard to organise cause im still exclusively breastfeeding and figuring out expressing a milk supply. It is definitely strange being out...kinda reminds you of your old life ha.

Thats great news Digs...fingers crossed it has worked itself right.

Ah my names Sinead too I'm usually called neadie. Yeah Jack's sleeping through till 7ish most mornings so I'm pleased with that.

Do you miss your old life?? It's still so surreal that he's here yet feels like he has been here forever

Dont really miss it but sometimes miss just deciding to go out to cinema or the pub on the spur of the moment or just popping to the shops. Things need more organising. But at the same time it's a whole new chapter of our lives which i love :-)

Yeah most definitely it's a new chapter. I know what you mean bout the cinema and stuff was easy when pregnant to go (even though I'd fall asleep) not the same when baby come along but wouldn change it for anything

Ls hip ultrasound was clear on tues, we were on cloud nine grinning like a pair of Cheshire cats all day :)

Since then we have registered her birth (finally), booked her baptism for August and put her name down in school! On a big organising buzz :) next step is her first injections next tues, not looking forward to those!

• Advertisement

Delighted for you Digs! I have yet to put my little guy's name down for school, really must get organised for that. We have had two injections for immunisations and they both went fine. It breaks your heart when they scream/ cry! But they forget about it in a few minutes again.

Advertisement