Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats holding \0/
    Enjoy your baby moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Right I have Accupuncture booked for Monday should I still be here waiting. Operation eviction is in motion :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Me and my friend are due 5 days apart she's at me to try caster oil anyone here try it before?

She wants both of us to head in together. Great if it worked that way

I've heard very mixed reports about castor oil. It can make you vomit or give very bad diarrhea neither of which would be particularly pleasant when heavily pregnant.

There's lots of old wives remedies out there which aren't as yuck. I really think nothing will work until that baba is ready to come out but I'd be more inclined to try raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, spicy food, bouncing on the ball and a bit of doing the deed before resorting to castor oil.

Only two things iv not tried is castor oil and raspberry leaf tea. Having contractions all night not enough to wake me but every time I turned in bed I was awake and had contraction. Now I'm having them every 20 mins and there rather strong so I'm hoping it gets stronger and closer together!

Well officially at my due date they say a 2% chance of having your baby on due date could I be that lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Hopefully it's time for you SS :-) My friend had her baby on his due date last october...fingers crossed for you.

I really would not be trying castor oil. It would only serve to make someone ill.

Oh fingers and toes crossed for you SS!!!

May not be today it happens but I think it's starting all the same. There defo not the usual BH there's cramping and loads of pressure I'm actually praying for pain sounds so bad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Fingers crossed for you SS! I'm hoping for similar luck, I'm due Friday!
    I'm having a lot of cramps today. I still don't really understand if contractions feel like this or not, it's a constant crampy feeling.

Well for me it's different to the BH but my bump is tense constantly. The contractions are period like and come every 20 mins down to 6 mins apart but can go up and down! The pains are gettin slightly worse just not enough to go to hospital. I find a lot of pressure in pelvis area and down into my bum. Early hours of this mornin was the first time I felt this way I'm praying it will escalate further

• Advertisement

Due today too and have horrible throat, headache, shivers etc so not fair.

Never thought I'd hear myself say this on due date but happy for nothing to happen, thoughts of labour would kill me. Am going to hibernate for a few days.

Oh I was that way Saturday when I fell and got the stitches the pain of walking and bending my leg was so off putting and the fact I had 4 nights with no sleep! Thankfully last night was ok in terms of sleep not great but I got some! And today it's like yea I wanna go in today iv a bit more energy than iv had for biggest part of a week.

Not feeling well would make me cry right now. Yesterday I had a cry the covering that was put on my leg was fussed to the cut and I'd to peel it off. It was infected but today it's healing

Yeah I haven't the energy to lift the head off the pillow, if someone told me to push I would definitely cry!

Thinks sound promising for you anyway SS so hopefully the run of babies will continue. Will keep my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi all and big congrats to Holding!!
    I am still working, with less than 2 weeks to go... mad I know. Great to see such activity here I've been so busy with our little one, finishing up in work and CRAZY nesting in the house (washing everything in sight!) I've hardly been online. I too am really looking forward to being able to bend down again... any thing that will fall does and it's so sore picking crap up all the time :D have had quite bad cramps and leg pains too these past few weeks so I'm READY!! Looking forward to seeing more new arrivals, most of you due before so very best wishes to you all. x

Well baby jack was born at 00:17 this mornin arrived at hospital at 8 p.m. Was checked at 9 and no dilation then the pains got really bad and by half 9 I was 3 cm another half hour I was 8 cm and just before 12 I was ready to push. Lets just say it was quicker than I thought possible. No epi or anything else no stitches either. Was fair lucky! So he was 17 mins past his due date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Amazing SS! Congrats on your lovely baby boy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Congrats SS and welcome baby Jack!! Delighted for you!! Also delighted that you had a quick straightforward labour and delivery. Good woman yourself!

Congrats SS on your boy and swift labour! Another one for th April boys!

Chuchu glad everything is goin well for you and fair play still working so close!

Congratulations SS and welcome to baby Jack. You must be so relieved to have him in your arms :D

Definitely quick labour although you had been putting some work in with all the pains over the last few days! Congrats again :D

I'm totally amazed at how quick it went its ment to be long with the first and I was told I'd need epi over the spd and I broke both rules.

He's so quiet only a whimper every now and again other than that he lies there awake all quiet it's great!

The pain is worth it. I'm amazed what us women can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Wow amazing birth story, well done and enjoy your new little man, first few days are so precious. Congrats. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Wow, congrats ss!! Dream birth!

Is there any word from meggysmom?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Wow, congrats ss!! Dream birth!

Is there any word from meggysmom?

She was induced Monday YH and said she might find it difficult to get online so hopefully we'll hear the good news when she's settled at home!

Hope you and the little man are well!

Congrats SS and welcome baby Jack. That was a pretty charmed first labour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Digs wrote: »
    She was induced Monday YH and said she might find it difficult to get online so hopefully we'll hear the good news when she's settled at home!

Hope you and the little man are well!

Ah thanks digs. I lose track of the threads sometimes. We're doing fine thanks, I think we're finally learning how to manage the reflux ( with thanks to alot of help and advice from the mammy's here!).

Are you still waiting to go?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Ah thanks digs. I lose track of the threads sometimes. We're doing fine thanks, I think we're finally learning how to manage the reflux ( with thanks to alot of help and advice from the mammy's here!).

Are you still waiting to go?

Oh the poor baba didn't realise he had reflux, I've heard it's really not nice :( glad you're getting some relief I'm sure it wasn't easy on the three of ye!

Still waiting, due yest. Had apt on tues and monkey still hasn't fully engaged her head so fully expecting to get well over :( it's no fun but I suppose the end is in sight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hi girls,just a quick check in,I will fill in more in the next couple of days,induction was long with stopping and starting,Sophia rose was born,Wednesday at 553pm,when labour did start it went quickly,a wonderful experience and we are so in love with her,she's perfect,feeding is going great,can't wait to hear how you are all doing and checking in:-)

Congratulations MM :-):-) delighted to hear that you are both doing so well.

Congrats meggysmom. What a gorgeous name.

• Advertisement

Delighted to hear your news MM and congrats on your beautiful girl! Love love her name!

Cannot wait to have my little girl too.

Advertisement