Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Nead21 put the LLL leaders mobile number into your phone do if you need help in the early days you know where to find it.

Fingers crossed for you. It's 5th April now do we should start seeing some April babies soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

4 days till due date and counting! Can't sleep and feel sick this mornin
    Roll on the end

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Well it's due date and surprise surprise I am still here:)although not for long,will take advantage of the next 2 days and do some final things around the house,monday will be a big day:)
    Hope you are all keeping well and managing the last few days ok:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

meggysmom wrote: »
    Well it's due date and surprise surprise I am still here:)although not for long,will take advantage of the next 2 days and do some final things around the house,monday will be a big day:)

Happy due date MM! Enjoy the last few days of calm before the storm!

I am due Wednesday yet have a bad feeling I'll be the last one knocking about this thread but that's the pessimist in me ;)

Heading to my cousins hen tonight. I must be insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

It's almost babytime for all of us! Digs don't worry I also feel I'll be the last one left in this thread! :o
    I'm due in 6 days. Woke up at 5am this morning roasting hot, had to throw the duvet off me! Then lovely morning sickness to contend with when I woke up later. Have I just reversed back to the first trimester again?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good luck meggysmom.

It's almost babytime for all of us! Digs don't worry I also feel I'll be the last one left in this thread! :o
    I'm due in 6 days. Woke up at 5am this morning roasting hot, had to throw the duvet off me! Then lovely morning sickness to contend with when I woke up later. Have I just reversed back to the first trimester again?!

I felt like that last week,very nauseous again,it passed in a few days though,things are getting tight in there,I can only eat little and often again

yellow hen wrote: »
    Good luck meggysmom.

Thanks yellow hen,hope you and your little man are doing well and settling into motherhood:-)

Digs wrote: »
    Happy due date MM! Enjoy the last few days of calm before the storm!

I am due Wednesday yet have a bad feeling I'll be the last one knocking about this thread but that's the pessimist in me ;)

Heading to my cousins hen tonight. I must be insane.

You never know,anything could happen from now on.....enjoy the night,as long as your close to home just in case I say keep things as normal as possible,these last days can drag on!!

You never know,anything could happen from now on.....enjoy the night,as long as your close to home just in case I say keep things as normal as possible,these last days can drag on!!

Even better I will be right beside the hospital and will have my mum, sisters and an army of aunts and cousins to carry me there if needs be haha!

Dinner is in a Thai restaurant so I will be ordering the spiciest thing on the menu :)

You're right though going overdue or not the end is in sight and I am determind to enjoy these last days, hoping the weather stays good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Digs have a great night and hopefully i wont see you on the news ha!!

Since about lunchtime ive been getting progressively worse period like pains at the bottom of my bump and across my lower back. I did a good bit of walking today but ive been resting for last couple of hours and they seem to be getting worse. I rang my mam to see what she thought and she said keep and eye on them and see if they getting worse/regular.
    God i hope this is it although knowing me they ll stop after awhile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Nead21 wrote: »
    Digs have a great night and hopefully i wont see you on the news ha!!

Since about lunchtime ive been getting progressively worse period like pains at the bottom of my bump and across my lower back. I did a good bit of walking today but ive been resting for last couple of hours and they seem to be getting worse. I rang my mam to see what she thought and she said keep and eye on them and see if they getting worse/regular.
    God i hope this is it although knowing me they ll stop after awhile!

if it is, good luck :):) I'm July mum-to-be but I'm keeping an eye on this thread :-D

Good luck nead,let us know if things keep moving,I have had a few episodes of these in the last 2 weeks,the latest being at 430am this morn,really thought I was starting but toast and milk and moving about calmed the pains again and I got back to bed at 7am,officially over due today,I think if things heat up again today I will go in to get checked to be safe,I'm 40 mins away from hospital so don't want to have baby at the side of the road:-)

Yeah pain eased off after awhile boo :-( Still sore today but not as bad as last night. Very disappointing but i have to keep telling myself i still have two weeks till my due date so i have to be patient.

How are you feeling about tomorrow MM? Looks like you re going to be the first April mum :-):-)

Didn't make the news Nead haha! Great night but spicy food is one old wives tale I can tick off the list :) had some more pains last night and this morning but nothing unusual! Got a serious amount of belly rubs last night, people love pregnant women!! Really didn't like having bump out in town though, got a bit smushed, it's too big to get through the crowds gracefully now :(

The false starts must be a pain (literally) Nead! It's a head wrecker watching every little thing :( I was up cleaning like a mad yoke this morning, my husband couldn't understand how a hall floor needed to be mopped three times!! At least everything is sparkling now!

Holding has gone very quiet?? Maybe we have an April baba already!!

MM best of luck tomorrow, hope you get some sleep tonight :)

Nead21 wrote: »
    Yeah pain eased off after awhile boo :-( Still sore today but not as bad as last night. Very disappointing but i have to keep telling myself i still have two weeks till my due date so i have to be patient.

How are you feeling about tomorrow MM? Looks like you re going to be the first April mum :-):-)

I know it can really mess with your head,I'm excited and nervous,I don't really think it has hit me that its happening tomorrow,think it will when I reach hospital tomorrow,I may struggle to get online there so might be a couple of days before I have an update or check to see how you are all doing:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Best of luck MM and all the April mums to be, babas will be here in no time x x

I was wishing to go but now I don't mind waiting a week can't imagine bending my knees to push while iv stitches in one of them I can't even walk. Course not much I can take for pain.

My blood pressure was up last night from my fall and got checked again today it's still up. So am resting and in clinic Tuesday so will be checked again then. It's a yearly occurrence for me to injure myself. This time last year I cut my hand open (the day before my wedding, nice been bandaged in a white dress) this year few days before due date I split my knee open. Poor hubby got fright and is starting to believe I'm accident prone I did tell him!!

Well latest they will let me go is the 20th of April.

My tummy has had one big braxton hick all day long, well that's how I can explain it, so tight and sore. Really really uncomfortable and loads of pains, dicky tummy too.... Bump looks different aswell, I just feel funny today. In with the consultant again tomo so will whine at him!!

Meggysmom hopefully has her babs by now, exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Sounds promising digs!!!!!

Good luck to all the April mammies! I'm 2nd may... Would love to join ye in April tho... Here's hoping!!

• Advertisement

Excited to hear from MM, our first April mommy! :)
    I'm wide awake since 6.30am with no sign of getting more sleep and with a yucky headache too.
    Woke up spooning my pillow thinking it was my hubby (who unfortunately is on the other side of the world working this very minute) Had lots of baby induced dreams about him and ended up getting all teary eyed. Missing him. He'll only get to meet our baby when he's about 6 weeks old.
    Gonna start bouncing on that yoga ball today to get things moving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Ah pinkheels88 that's really tough for you and your husband. I must be extra hormonal this morning because that's making me well up with tears!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Hi girls just catching up now. Gave birth to a 7.8lb baby boy last Friday evening in the Rotunda. We were allowed home yesterday evening. We are both healthy and in great form :D

Going back up thread now to read what I've missed!

Just caught up! Meggysmom hope you are doing well and that the baby is here by now! Pinkheels I totally feel for you, you are so brave to go through this without him.

Some tips from my last few days experiences girls. Nag the hospital staff as much as you can about your symptoms. The staff are wonderful, but they are very busy. I was a bit shy about pressing my case in a couple of instances and they missed some vital things, so I ended up having a good few problems during delivery. It was all okay in the end, and I didn't need a c-section, but it would all have gone a lot better if they hadn't missed these things.

Bring more maternity pads than you ever think you'll need! Also the temporary knicker things are great - they hold the maternity pads (which don't have a sticky back) in place much better than your own big cotton knickers. Bring food! You will be STARVING, esp if b-feeding, and there is never enough in the hospital portions :D Also bring headphones, because if you are in a prenatal ward for any length of time, you can listen to music etc to help you sleep in a noisy place.

It's true what they say, they whole thing passed in a bit of a blur, and I don't remember a lot of the pain or details now. Can't believe every time we look at this little boy that we had a hand in making something so gorgeous and wonderful, he really is fabulous!!

WOW Holding, huge congratulations to you and your little man.:D:D You must be so delighted to be home now and settling back in. I remember from earlier on in the thread that we both had the same due date.

So we have a boy and a girl for April so far? Things are finally starting to happen!

Digs im with you on the one big Braxton Hicks...bump feels rock solid most of the time these days and pressure is getting greater low down.

Holding congrats on your little man!!!!! Am delighted for you and super duper jealous! Glad everything went well in the end :) the April thread is up and running now!! Enjoy havin your little dude home :)

Back from hospital, nothing doing. Convinced ill have to be induced and holles street leave you 14 days if alls good so will be here for a while I'd say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

holding wrote: »
    Hi girls just catching up now. Gave birth to a 7.8lb baby boy last Friday evening in the Rotunda. We were allowed home yesterday evening. We are both healthy and in great form :D

Going back up thread now to read what I've missed!

Aaah so exciting :D congrats :D

Girls it's so fab to be home with a baby instead of a bump. Am REALLY enjoying being able to sleep again (in between feeds!) and being able to bend over and pick things up etc :D

Congratulations on your baby boy holding!! I wish I was that far now myself I need sleep!

Had my 40 week appointment today head is fully engaged yey!! She said if I'm back next Tuesday that she'll induce me the Thursday or Friday so the ends close!

Once the baby's start to arrive it will make the month go faster. We'll have stories to read and so on

• Advertisement

Huge congrats Holding! :) can't wait to be in your position!

Advertisement