Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Congrats MM! :) such a beautiful name for your little one!
    I was due yesterday so now I'm a member of the overdue and impatient club waiting for my little boy to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corkgirl17

meggysmom wrote: »
    Hi girls,just a quick check in,I will fill in more in the next couple of days,induction was long with stopping and starting,Sophia rose was born,Wednesday at 553pm,when labour did start it went quickly,a wonderful experience and we are so in love with her,she's perfect,feeding is going great,can't wait to hear how you are all doing and checking in:-)
    congratulations meggysmom, hope all is going well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

corkgirl17 wrote: »

Corkgirl how are you and baba gettin on? How many weeks are you now??

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Meggysmom that is great news!

Digs hope you will go soon :D

Digs wrote: »
    Corkgirl how are you and baba gettin on? How many weeks are you now??
    17 weeks, looking forward to feeling movement and actually looking pregnant instead of pudgy!!! you must be counting down the days, can't wait to hear your news! hope it all goes well..

• Advertisement

17 weeks, looking forward to feeling movement and actually looking pregnant instead of pudgy!!! you must be counting down the days, can't wait to hear your news! hope it all goes well..

Fantastic you're almost half way! Bump will be here in no time and then you'll be wondering what life was like before the waddle :) hope the second trimester is being kind to you?

I was due last wed so counting minutes at this stage. Was like the anti Christ thurs, fri and yest but woke up perkier today, managed a walk and cleaning like a lunatic has resumed! This baby moves like a child possessed between 12.30am and 5am so think I have a night owl on my hands. My not sleeping has just started a little earlier ;)

Trying Accupuncture tomorrow and then back to the hospital for a massive whinge Tuesday!!

Thanks holding! Hope you and little man are doing well?

Digs wrote: »
    Fantastic you're almost half way! Bump will be here in no time and then you'll be wondering what life was like before the waddle :) hope the second trimester is being kind to you?

I was due last wed so counting minutes at this stage. Was like the anti Christ thurs, fri and yest but woke up perkier today, managed a walk and cleaning like a lunatic has resumed! This baby moves like a child possessed between 12.30am and 5am so think I have a night owl on my hands. My not sleeping has just started a little earlier ;)

Trying Accupuncture tomorrow and then back to the hospital for a massive whinge Tuesday!!
    hopefully baby won't keep you waiting too long!!

Hi Digs we are doing great. Pushed through the pain barrier on the breastfeeding and it is finally all working smoothly for myself and baby, and he is putting on weight. They sleep a lot when they are out, so you will get some great sleeps in in the first week. It is so so fabulous to have him here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Update on baby Jack.

Absolute fabulous baby got himself into feeding every 4 hours so I get rest in between. Feels like he's been here forever! All the waiting was worth it thankfully I went into labour on due date. Would defo do it again to have another baby like him. Strange not been pregnant now!!

Hope you all get your end dates soon and congratulations to all that have there lil additions already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hello girls,so I have a few minutes to dedicate to myself:-) things are going very well,baby is 5 days old today,milk came through properly yesterday so she is latching on and at least I feel she is being fed,I am still fighting through the first few minutes of latching on,yes the pain really can be toe curling but I feel a definite improvement,she's a great baby and I'm so in love with her as is her big sister:-)
    Regarding the birth,I went in at 830am n the Monday the 8th,I got 1st dose of gel at 1130am,all the pains and BH leading up to this had done nothing unfortunitly,well 1st dose of gel gave me little contractions,second dose 6 hours later,gave me what I thought were full on contractions but when checked was false labour,got injectin of painkiller in leg-cant remember name,this instead of helping things along stopped everything,no BH,no minor contrctions-nada,so Tuesday comes and gel round number 3,they left me alone Tuesday and as they got so busy and gel did nothing,I woke Wednesday morning after a full nights sleep feeling nauseous and crampy,when I went to loo my mucous plug or show fell out,they broke my waters at 10am, I walked for 2 hours and was put on pitocin at 1230pm,I laboured until 4pm with intense but manageable contractions,I asked midwife to check me as I was toying with the idea of doing it without epi,when she said I was 3 cm I nearly cried,no way I can't do hours more of this so I got epi,it start end working and by 515pm I said to midwife I feel pressure,consultant was in room and said she would check and surprise surprise I had moved from 3cm to fully in an hour and half,Sophia was born very easily at 553pm.it was a wonderful experience and yes i,'m still thrilled I got epi,I just couldn't do it without it:-)
    Congrats as and holding on your babies,I am just catching up with posts so please forgive me,I will go back and get filled in on everyone,for all you girls still waiting,it is sôooo worth it:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats again MM

Thanks for checking in Cork girl,delighted to see your. Doing well with your pregnancy,time will fly for you now:-)

yellow hen wrote: »
    Wow, congrats ss!! Dream birth!

Is there any word from meggysmom?

Thanks for the thought. Yh,hope your doing well:-)

Well baby jack was born at 00:17 this mornin arrived at hospital at 8 p.m. Was checked at 9 and no dilation then the pains got really bad and by half 9 I was 3 cm another half hour I was 8 cm and just before 12 I was ready to push. Lets just say it was quicker than I thought possible. No epi or anything else no stitches either. Was fair lucky! So he was 17 mins past his due date!

Congrats ss on the birth of your son,great birth story and my hat is off to you for doing it without epi,mine was similar quick in the end also,amazing:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Well done ladies on doing so well. SS and Holding you give me hope that i will get a decent couple of hours sleep again!!

Im delighted to hear that the breastfeeding is going well Holding and MM also :-)

1week till my due date and im so fed up...i feel like this baby is never going to make an appearance. Im getting up now to clean the patio door *sigh*

Sounds like you are all doing well ladies, congrats again! Holding your post was music to my ears as sleep isn't happening right now.

Nead I can fully sympathise. 5 days over now and I am beginning to lose it. Had bad period pains last night and back ache all day so much I ended up taking a bath at 3am for relief. Very nauseous aswell. Didn't get a wink of sleep. Pains have eased off now but still in the back ground. Have to err on the side of optimism that at the stage I'm at it HAS to be the start of something :( and am banking on the Accupuncture working.

Just caught sight of myself in the mirror, thoughts of making myself look semi respectable and out to my apt is almost too much to bare. Heavily pregnant women should be an exception to the no pyjamas in public rule.

Oh Digs i have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Its hard to rationalise but these babies have to come out!!

On a separate note and probably tmi but is anyone else getting a huge amount of discharge? Sometimes i actually think my waters are going...sorry if that sounds awful but at this stage its hard to distinguish whats normal and whats not.

Nead21 wrote: »
    Oh Digs i have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Its hard to rationalise but these babies have to come out!!

On a separate note and probably tmi but is anyone else getting a huge amount of discharge? Sometimes i actually think my waters are going...sorry if that sounds awful but at this stage its hard to distinguish whats normal and whats not.

All of us are due some action now! Isn't it a few weeks now since your little one gave you a fright, I'm sure you are more than ready!!

Tbh I have had loads of discharge since the beginning so am prob no help, have worn pads from day one. I've noticed the consistency of mine has changed to quite milky in the last week though.... NOTHING is tmi at this stage Nead ;)

Yeah i think being brought in for observation at 35weeks has made me even more impatient now especially since nothing has happened.

Yeah ive had lots of discharge from the start but definitely notice more now. Hopefully the change in yours means things are happening :-)

• Advertisement

Digs I feel like I'm in the same boat as you with this overdue stuff! I'm 3 days overdue today. Getting crap broken sleep and period like cramps in the mornings and late at night but nada during the day!
    Constant stream of messages have begun too on fb/whatsapp. I don't know how many people are expecting a MSG when I go into labour but they'll be left waiting!
    It's my 25th bday on Saturday... Baby could be just waiting to share his mommy's bday

Pinkheels I held out myself until my eldest brothers birthday to arrive, poor fella can't have anything! Maybe your baba is hanging on, will def make for a memorable 25th!!

Girls keep an eye on the discharge, if it is watery and there is a lot of it, this could be your waters breaking. This happened to me, and they missed it because it was a 'slow' waters breaking, and the fact that they were broken for so long meant that I had an infection during labour. Don't want to alarm you, but just wanted to say something. If the discharge is watery, and you feel almost like you're wearing a wet nappy there is so much of it, it could be this.

On a lighter note, the ladies who have already given birth - did any of you get cards/ pressies for the midwives that helped you through labour? What is appropriate? We had two really lovely young midwives who got us through it all in the delivery suite and I was thinking of getting them something nice.

Thanks Holding discharge is definitely more watery today and yesterday than it has been. Back with consultant on wed morning so will mention this to him.

I cant wait to join you on the other side :-)

In slightly TMI news I lost my mucous plug today! Baby MUST be coming soon! :)

In slightly TMI news I lost my mucous plug today! Baby MUST be coming soon! :)

Woo hoo! One of us needs to get out of this overdue club ;) it sucks!

Doc told me I'm back for scan on overdue day 12 with induction day 14. I wasn't brave enough to ask his professional opinion but got the distinct feeling he thinks myself and mini me will go the distance! Versace of wombs right here. Grandparents getting super impatient!!

Dragged my big butt for longest walk I've done in a while, pushed through the pain. Sun is glorious!

Baby Éanna arrived safe and sound in a hurry yesterday at 8:21pm. We're delighted with him. It all happened fairly quick so im still in shock that he's actually here!!

Another little man for April :-)

Nead21 wrote: »
    Baby Éanna arrived safe and sound in a hurry yesterday at 8:21pm. We're delighted with him. It all happened fairly quick so im still in shock that he's actually here!!

Another little man for April :-)

Awwww congrats Nead on his safe arrival!!! The boys are taking over! Enjoy every second :)

P.S am super duper jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats Nead21!!!

• Advertisement

Huge congrats Nead21! That was pretty quick! :) I'm still here digs so don't worry! I did just wake up to backpain and crampiness and found I'd leaked quite a bit if fluid/watery discharge. Gonna see if that continues...
    At my appointment yest the consultant booked me in to get induced Monday morning but she's pretty certain I'll be in before the weekend is out. I didn't get a sweep yest. Read enough horror stories and was so exhausted I couldn't have dealt with going into labour last night. Consultant pressed so hard on my tummy I thought I was gonna puke on her! If I felt that much discomfort from a simple exam what am I gonna do?!

Advertisement