Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Congrats nead21:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

My waters just broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My waters just broke!

Good woman!!! Best of luck :) will keep my fingers crossed for you (not legs)

Knew I'd be banging about here last :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Woo hoo pinkheels!!! You're definitely on the way now!

Don't worry Digs, I'm still here!

Woo hoo pinkheels!!! You're definitely on the way now!

Don't worry Digs, I'm still here!

Oh sorry HS had in my head you were May!! Not so lonely now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Best of luck pinkheels:-) hang in there digs and how strange,I know its hard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Massive congrats Nead and beautiful name for a beautiful little boy!!

Good luck pinkheels, let us know! You'll be great, don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Thanks everyone. I was brought in on wed after seeing consultant as blood pressure was up and there was protein in my urine. Baby was so far down anyway that some of the early work was done. Midwife broke my waters, drip was started at quarter to 5 and he was here less than 4hours later. No epi just TENS and gas. Im sore today but breastfeeding is going well i think and we get to go home on saturday.

Pinkheels how are getting on? Hope you have your baby by now :-)

Any movement Digs...my fingers are still crossed for you!

Nead21 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I was brought in on wed after seeing consultant as blood pressure was up and there was protein in my urine. Baby was so far down anyway that some of the early work was done. Midwife broke my waters, drip was started at quarter to 5 and he was here less than 4hours later. No epi just TENS and gas. Im sore today but breastfeeding is going well i think and we get to go home on saturday.

Pinkheels how are getting on? Hope you have your baby by now :-)

Any movement Digs...my fingers are still crossed for you!

Nead your labour sounds fab (have no doubt it was hard work though) but would love to go without the epi myself and have tens machine ready! Love his name too, big fan of Irish names we had Odhran picked for a little boy until we switched to team pink :) enjoy your little man, really am delighted for you.

No movement! Had waxing done today and am super sore but that's just down to having to lie awkwardly. Extra discharge and irregular contractions etc but nothing concrete. Stubborn madam will be out end of next week anyway like it or not!

Pinkheels hope you have your baba by now or are well on they way! Can't believe we are all nearly there although feels I'm never going to meet this baba :(

Digs the TENS got me to 7cm and then i used gas. Didnt actually anything for pushing!

Start using your TENS early as it takes awhile to take effect. I found it very good so glad i got it as will have for next time round ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats nead21!! and yeah pinkheels!!!!
    This thread is getting me awful excited... being duethe 2nd may once ye all go i should be next!!! haha!! loving the updates!
    Digs and Howstrange hope its soon for ye!

Thanks for the tip Nead, am only dying to get the TENS going so will use it as soon as I know engines are go :P

DL my monkey has no concept of next in line or I'd be long gone so you may well be gone before me. Sure we're all one and the same now, May 2nd may aswell be April ;)

Digs wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip Nead, am only dying to get the TENS going so will use it as soon as I know engines are go :P

DL my monkey has no concept of next in line or I'd be long gone so you may well be gone before me. Sure we're all one and the same now, May 2nd may aswell be April ;)

How many days over are u now? U poor thing :( hopefully any time now!!! Meeting ur little one will be so worth the wait :)

dublinlady wrote: »
    How many days over are u now? U poor thing :( hopefully any time now!!! Meeting ur little one will be so worth the wait :)

Aww DL I read your post on the moan thread, sorry you're having a lousy morning. I think I cried all last weekend :(

Day 9 in the big brother house! I have given in and accepted defeat now :) am probably slightly delirious! Hubby had picked tomorrow in the family "sweep stakes" so he's ever hopeful! I had always a hard time wrapping my head around the fact a baby has to come out of me so I genuinely think she's never coming out :P

Digs wrote: »
    Aww DL I read your post on the moan thread, sorry you're having a lousy morning. I think I cried all last weekend :(

Day 9 in the big brother house! I have given in and accepted defeat now :) am probably slightly delirious! Hubby had picked tomorrow in the family "sweep stakes" so he's ever hopeful! I had always a hard time wrapping my head around the fact a baby has to come out of me so I genuinely think she's never coming out :P

Hahaha I love it - you've come to terms with being pregnant forever!!! Hehe!! Jeez can u imagine!!!! Did they offer u a sweep or anything?
    Ur doing great - 9 days - it really actually just cannot be much longer - your waiting is almost up!!! Yeah baby digs!!

Oh I'm grand I'm just amused by my own madness....I was so sane yesterday.. I keep laughing cos I have to try his it from himself... Like seriously - the weirdest what if scenarios!! Hormones have a lot to answer for!!!

Pregnant forever *shivers. I'm chirpy enough now although nighttime is a diff story, I dread it. Pain is excruciating while she parties away so I lie there wincing and trying not to cry out for a few hours. Having a fully grown person rolling about your tummy is bound to inflict some pain I suppose.

No sweep no, I had heard holles street don't do them and he didn't offer. I'm awful for not asking questions too. I don't think I've fully engaged which is odd for ftm so that's possibly why he hasn't bothered as a sweep mightn't do much for me (again its questions I should have asked!!)

Both my sister and mum dreamt last night I had the baby. My sister funnily dreamt she could talk after she was born, at this stage I wouldn't be surprised!!

Howstrange hope you're hanging on too!

Oh fe*kin hormones is right! Ridiculous things!! Have heard it doesn't get much better after.... Brilliant!

Still here :(

How is everyone keeping?

Holding SS and MM how are u getting on at home? We came home from hospital yesterday and although i was dying to get home yesterday was s tough day. It didnt help that going home coinsided with a serious drop in happy hormones so there was lots of tears.

Back down to hospital today for baby's heel prick test.

On the plus side my bump has shrunk down so much that it almost looks back to normal :-)

Nead21 the first few days can be a rollercoaster of emotions and hormones. I remember going from being as high as a kite to bawling my eyes out for an entire day. It does pass within a few days though so just relax, stay in bed as much as you can and let everyone else look after you.

I'm still here :S Not actually due until thurs but I suppose I'd foolishly assumed I'd go a few days early like last time. Every morning when I wake up I'm pissed off for a few minutes when I realise I'm still here. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I got home within 30 hours of given birth baby was perfect and they said I was fine so no point staying plus I couldn't sleep there. I was tender the first couple days at home but was grand after that. As for Jack he's great feeds every 3-4 hours at night and depends how hungry he is during day as to how long he'll wait between feeds. However were struggling with him pooping but thankfully today he is a happy baby. He only cries when has a pain or dirty bum.

I would do it all over again. Hubby is planning number 2

Edit: as for belly it went down completely within 5 days. I was shocked but they said I'll I had was baby and my waters no extra weight.

• Advertisement

Getting on great Nead!

Same as yourself SS, I was shocked at how quickly the baby bump disappeared. I think my tummy is flatter now than before I got pregnant?! I guess the breastfeeding does it.

Really hope you go soon HS

Oh god, so do I! The pressure has definitely intensified this evening. Not sure if it's a sign of anything though. The consultant did note on my chart that there were signs of labour when I told her the Braxton hicks were pretty much continuous at this stage.

How strange it definitely is a rollercoaster! Anything is likely to cause tears.

The breastfeeding going well so far...plenty of wet and dirty nappies so something is going in! The little man is feeding nonstop now that my milk has come in and we had first visit from the PHN.

My motto always was one day at a time and on a particularly bad day, one feed at a time. Well actually that became my motto after nearly driving myself demented trying to control the feeding and put a routine on it which my son was having none of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Hey April mommies! So sorry I haven't updated since my waters broke but you know how it is. I'm not the one calling the shots anymore :)
    After 19 hours of labour baby Khaled was born at 3.24am Friday April 19th. (A day before his mommy's 25th bday!) He was 6lb 13 and had a lovely thick head of hair :)
    I had an epidural and ended up getting an episiotomy. Stitches have left me a bit on the sore side but I was left home yesterday and I'm recovering quite well.
    Like you said Nead I also felt a bit down in the dumps once I got home. Found breastfeeding very frustrating the first few days and I had all but given up on it last night when he was wailing with hunger. I had to give him some formula.
    After a looooong night with no sleep I was so glad to find he has started latching on really well on both sides for me and is feeding regularly :) The public health nurse really made me feel better about things. I'm starting to think I can do this after all! Hope all of you are enjoying mommyhood and those still waiting have a nice childbirth experience and are with there little ones soon

Congrats pinkheels!!!

Congratulations pinkheels :)

Congratulations Pinkheels and well done :-)

A good latch has made all the difference to my breastfeeding so fingers crossed it will make things easier for you now.

Great to hear pinkheels!! A lovely name, and he sounds like a really handsome little guy :D

• Advertisement

Girls a tip I've found useful - when you have to shufty around in bed on your bum because it's hard to move properly, wear satiny-effect pyjamas. It makes it easier to slide from a to b!

Advertisement