Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options
  • 24-07-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Just found out im pregnant, so happy yet still shocked!! apparently due date is 3rd April, fingers crossed its all ok.. anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

looks like i'm joining you april,congrats to you,i just got my bfp this morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭corkgirl17

congrats to you, you must be so pleased!! hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy.

you too,due date april 11th:)this will be my second pregnancy,i have a 3 and half your old little girl:)

this is my first, still hasnt sunk in yet. extremely tired and feeling a bit sick but im glad im having some symptoms. you've been through all this before with your little girl, she'll be very excited about having a brother or sister:)

yes second time around,we've waited a while though for it to finally happen,19 months exactly,i had surgary also in feb for issues with endometreosis and cysts.My little one is so ready to have a sibling,she is baby mad,can't wait for another few weeks and we can tell her:)i have had back ache like when my period is coming but slighly worse.Very suprised that I already feel pregnant!!Your symptoms although annoying are all good:)

• Advertisement

meggysmom wrote: »
    yes second time around,we've waited a while though for it to finally happen,19 months exactly,i had surgary also in feb for issues with endometreosis and cysts.My little one is so ready to have a sibling,she is baby mad,can't wait for another few weeks and we can tell her:)i have had back ache like when my period is coming but slighly worse.Very suprised that I already feel pregnant!!Your symptoms although annoying are all good:)

God, that's tough, makes this pregnancy even more special for you so!! It'll be lovely when you can share the good news.. We're gonna keep the news to ourselves for a while, as hard as it is!! My symptoms come and go, but I know it's a good sign when I have them!!! It's great hearing others have the same symptoms, shows I'm not alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, just found out I'm pregnant, was so shocked that I took SIX tests!!! Very unexpected but delighted! I'm due 4th of April apparently, I'm really nervous and hope everything is ok. I have dragging pains across my stomach like something is being stretched inside and i keep having to pee and I feel a little sick, not to mention the sore boobs!

Great to find others who are in the same boat. I went to the doc yesterday, hopefully all will be well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sara317

I just found out I'm pregnant, due the 4th of April!! Total surprise but we're very happy! I couldn't believe it, I took 6 tests!

My belly is so bloated it's twice the size! Feeling a bit ill and my smell is all weird and I'm wrecked tired oh and heartburn.

Really scared and hope that everything goes ok it's such early days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hi girls

Tentatively joining the thread! EDD 10th April! Am an absolute bag of nerves!

Cramps are so like PMS, it messes with the mind!

Digs wrote: »
    Hi girls

Tentatively joining the thread! EDD 10th April! Am an absolute bag of nerves!

Cramps are so like PMS, it messes with the mind!
    Congrats sara and digs!! Exciting times for ye both!! I think we're all a bag of nerves!! Can't wait for 12 weeks so we can start telling people. Booked an early scan for the end of the month, really looking forward to it.

The cramps are annoying but you forget them after a few days.. Got a small bit of sickness at the weekend but fine ever since, kind of wishing it would come back so I can feel pregnant!! Might regret those words :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Corkgirl and congrats to you too!! Congrats Digs!

I booked an early scan too for the 22 of August, I'll be 8 weeks then, I just want to make sure everything is ok! The nerves are driving me mad! roll on the 12 week mark!

I know I am even nervous writing it all down but am determined to enjoy every minute of it.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 8years ago so was always worried this day wouldn't come, luckily enough we didn't have too much trouble conceiving :):)

Am trying my hardest to stop my hubby from telling everyone, poor fella is bursting to tell someone :p

Ha ha Digs, my boyfriend is the same, he'd have it all over facebook if i didn't stop him!! You're about a week behind me and I had PMS cramps up until this week, convinced I was getting my period that's why I didn't think I was preggers, it's all normal apparently, I'm like you just wishing the next 7 weeks would just hurry up so I can feel a bit less worried!

It's so hard keeping it to yourself, I'm in the uk at the moment so keeping it a secret is a little easier cos my family is in Ireland but if I was at home, they'd know straight away!! As soon as I refused a glass of wine the cat would be out of the bag!!! My brother is visiting at the end I the month so he'll be the first person we'll tell and he'll be sworn to secrecy!!!

I'm trying not to talk about babies too much, don't want to jinx anything but can't help looking at clothes and buggies online!!!

I am going away for the weekend with family, don't know what I'll do, my mum will know, the anti biotics routine won't wash with her!!

I couldn't help but tell my mother and my sister, god forbid if anything bad happened then at least they would know and be there for me. Also I couldn't help it I was bursting to tell people! That and the fact they would know immediately cos I smoke and have come off them and not having a drink...I'd be busted straight away!

Ooh that's gonna be hard at a family weekend, If you don't do rounds you might be able to pretend your drinking, buying drinks that could be alcoholic!!

Fair play Sara for giving up the cigarettes!! You must be going mad giving up all your vices... I miss wine, especially now on a Friday, usually enjoy a couple of glasses to wind down after the week at work.. Will have to be happy with shloer!!

Well done on the smokes Sara, will be worth it in the end! I am with you on the wine corkgirl, would murder a glass!!

Think I am going to have to tell my mum and dad, was toying with the idea anyway, would be good to have their support if something went wrong. It would be an impossible weekend otherwise, we are staying in the same accomodation and my dad is a divil for insisting on buying drinks so would be so obvious....

Would love to tell my sister but she's ten years younger than me and as excited as she would be I'd hate to dissapoint her if something did go wrong...My brother is getting married soon so will keep it as an wedding present for him :p:rolleyes:

Well done on the smokes Sara, will be worth it in the end! I am with you on the wine corkgirl, would murder a glass!!

Think I am going to have to tell my mum and dad, was toying with the idea anyway, would be good to have their support if something went wrong. It would be an impossible weekend otherwise, we are staying in the same accomodation and my dad is a divil for insisting on buying drinks so would be so obvious....

Would love to tell my sister but she's ten years younger than me and as excited as she would be I'd hate to dissapoint her if something did go wrong...My brother is getting married soon so will keep it as an wedding present for him :p:rolleyes:

Hope your parents were delighted and you're having a nice weekend away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

congrats to all of ya's! im due around the 10th of april. only found out on friday shocked would be an understatement!! my daughter has just gone one so im gonna have my hands full now! cant wait to get to 12 weeks :)

• Advertisement

Thanks all re the smokes! it's not easy especially in work because it's stressful enough in there at the moment but I couldn't smoke I'd be too guilty if anything happened, I'm the same, nothing beats a glass of wine on a Friday, oh well, a cup of tea will have to do!!

Congrats Sarah C11, u certainly will have your hands full!!!!

Hope everything went ok at the family thing Digs.

Are any of ye really really bloated? I look fairly big already!Gone up a cup size already in my boobs

Congrats sarahc11

Feeling a bit bloated today, wearing a fitted dress to work and it's feeling a little uncomfortable!! Unfortunately my boobs haven't grown yet!! I Look forward to that happening ;)

hi girls,how are you all feeling?I'm not too bad,i get the slump in the middle of the day and try to grab an hour if i can.I have started the dissapearing belly thing,i remember it with my 1st pregnancy,flat tummy in morn and big bloated belly looking like 3-4 months in the evening and don't get me started on the gas:)It was 15 weeks before I truly showed with me little girl,i think I will show sooner this time please god because my stomach musels are not at tight as they were then:)1st doc appt in the morn.Have any of you had yours yet?what should I expect.I haven't had a pregnancy in Ireland so it's all new:)

Had a lovely weekend thanks corkgirl and congrats sarahc!

Meggysmom I'll be interested to hear how you get on tomo. I am making my doc apt tomo for hopefully wed or thurs as my endocrinologist told me to get my thyroid checked asap incase my medication needs to be changed!

I am feeling good, still crampy but learning to ignore it! Have a path worn to the bathroom and am pretty tired, it's a funny kind of tiredness too like none I've felt before!! I amn't too bloated thank god. My boobs get sorer at different times of the day, I'm dd as it is, terrified to think how big they'll get haha!!

hi digs,feeling pretty similar to that,boob pain worsens as the day goes on with odd sharp pain in them and yes the bathroom trips are getting more frequent,bring it all on i say:)we've waited so long for this I feel that the more symptoms the more relaxed I am.I will keep you posted on my appointment tomorrow.EDD is april 9th:)

Good luck today meggysmom, I have made my apt for Thursday!

Girls just a quick question for those of you that had some cramping. While it is certainly not severe or keeping me up at night the odd twinge or tug I am feeling I am more aware of it on my left side. Thinking of it when I get my period or ovulate etc I notice discomfort more on my left side so maybe I am more sensitive in that area...

An going to ask the doctor anyway but just thought I'd check with ye!

Hope ye are all well...

Good luck today meggysmom, I have made my apt for Thursday!

Girls just a quick question for those of you that had some cramping. While it is certainly not severe or keeping me up at night the odd twinge or tug I am feeling I am more aware of it on my left side. Thinking of it when I get my period or ovulate etc I notice discomfort more on my left side so maybe I am more sensitive in that area...

An going to ask the doctor anyway but just thought I'd check with ye!

Hope ye are all well...
    Hey digs, I'm sure it's nothing, just like you said you're more sensitive in that area.
    My cramping comes and goes, very dull pain.. Had a bit of spotting over the past few days, freaked me out a small bit but staying calm.. Seems normal enough from what I read online.

Lucky you having your appointment so soon. Mines not for another 2 1/2 weeks, meeting with a midwife!! Annoying that I have to make up the time in work for the appointment as they don't know im pregnant.

Hope meggysmom got on ok today!!

Thanks corkgirl, I think I am just hyper sensitive, it comes and goes and is more of a tug or pull than an actual cramp...have an early scan booked for 24th August but will say it to the doc and if she thinks there's anything in it might try get one earlier so I can rule out ectopic pregnancy for my own peace of mind (the mind would convince you of anything!!) My husband has banned me from google....

I hope you are feeling good yourself? I have heard spotting is so so common, a friend of mine spotted the whole way through her pregnancy and has a very healthy 5month old boy now :)

I just booked my gp apoointment to confirm the pregnancy and get my bloods done, have no idea if it's the norm or not?

Thanks corkgirl, I think I am just hyper sensitive, it comes and goes and is more of a tug or pull than an actual cramp...have an early scan booked for 24th August but will say it to the doc and if she thinks there's anything in it might try get one earlier so I can rule out ectopic pregnancy for my own peace of mind (the mind would convince you of anything!!) My husband has banned me from google....

I hope you are feeling good yourself? I have heard spotting is so so common, a friend of mine spotted the whole way through her pregnancy and has a very healthy 5month old boy now :)

I just booked my gp apoointment to confirm the pregnancy and get my bloods done, have no idea if it's the norm or not?
    Thank god for the early scans!! Mines a week after yours.. Hopefully it'll put your mind at rest!!

I know what you mean about google, sometimes too much information is dangerous!!!

I rang my doctors and they just booked me in with the midwife. Although they may do things differently here in the uk.. Appointment takes an hour apparently and you get referred to your hospital of choice and they book your 12 week scan..

• Advertisement

Ah I forgot you were in the UK, that makes sense that things are different, my gp will hopefully point me in the right direction of what to do next!

My breast tenderness literally dissapeared after lunch... They weren't too sore to begin with but it's worrying none the less..never thought I'd be wishing for sore boobs!

Advertisement