Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bennybongo87

Hi there. Would anybody be able to help me get 3e and tv3 into ni bouquet? I created the supplement file and added the two lines to it and put it in the autobouquet folder but nothing. I don't mind starting from scratch if that make it easier to do. Is there a certain sequence I have to follow to get them to show? From what I read they should appear in ent section...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

givecredit wrote: »
    I have uploaded Latest HDMU image here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l00wzyriwx7rud/HDMU_10780_E2_spark7162_211_git_5385_nodebug_Diff0_gst_Flash.zip

Make sure you backup your settings first. Reflashing is a doddle then. All your settings will be restored within about 5 mins

What is the terrestrial switching like on that image version? I have 10640 on the box at the minute and switching between the terrestrial channels is fine, just as fast as the satellite channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

I'm preparing to try my first update, so I'm also trying my first backup to a FAT32 USB stick. It's taking bloody ages though! I'm wondering if I've selected a bunch of unnecessary folders.

Is it enough to select a parent folder, like usr/bin, or does one also have to select the subfolders?

Better again, would anyone be up for doing the idiot's step-by-step guide to a successful backup? As in, a full image that can be used to create a clone of a working receiver to a brand new receiver out of the box running basic E2?

I've put a fair bit of time into configuring this in the past week, and now a friend wants me to set up a receiver for them!

EDIT: Yep, looks like I went way over the top - the receiver crashed and rebooted! I ended up with a broken 800MB tar archive on the USB stick. Methinks I have done something wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Digidol wrote: »
    What is the terrestrial switching like on that image version? I have 10640 on the box at the minute and switching between the terrestrial channels is fine, just as fast as the satellite channels.

No difference. One is just as fast as the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

OK I can't get my head around this one, I'm trying to set up one of these for my friend after I assumed I was a pro having set up mine (:o).

I can't seem to get the Saorview channels to tune in on E2, the aerial is connected fine and when I boot up in Spark I can tune in and watch them with no problem. They don't seem to work on E2 though, I have Tuner A set up for European frequencies but it just does't pick up anything in the scan?

I'm using the latest HDMU thats posted at the top of this page. Any ideas?

You sure you have it set to Europe DVB-T?

I just flashed my own box from scratch and had no problem. I didn't use the image above, I downloaded the latest from linuxsat-support. I also didn't bother with restoring from the backup I had taken and went to the bother of FTPing all the stuff across in case I had any trouble. I have taken a backup again now though. The box doesn't feel any different other than the system info working. I did have trouble getting Oscam to work and fixed it in the end by overwriting with the full /usr/keys directory from my backup

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You sure you have it set to Europe DVB-T?

Thanks for the reply, I got it sorted as I was finished typing the post and deleted it but you must have seen it before I got there!

On the third scan it picked up the Saorview channels, didn't change anything but it just seemed to work so happy days! Have Oscam up and running straight away on the new image with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What wifi sticks are supported by the Triplex guys ?
    I see that Golden Media have there own stick but do other ones work similar to those that work with a Dreambox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Hi there. Would anybody be able to help me get 3e and tv3 into ni bouquet? I created the supplement file and added the two lines to it and put it in the autobouquet folder but nothing. I don't mind starting from scratch if that make it easier to do. Is there a certain sequence I have to follow to get them to show? From what I read they should appear in ent section...

If you only have 2 channels that you want to add to an existing bouquet then the easiest way I think is the following,
    In normal viewing mode press 'ok' then press 'green' to get you to satellites, move to 'terrestrial services' for 3e and tv3, press 'ok'
    Move up or down to the channel/service you want to add to a bouquet,
    when the channel is highlighted press 'menu'--> 'add service to bouquet' , then select the bouquet you want to add the channel to.
    Services added to bouquets in this way automatically appear at the end of the list already in that bouquet

*instructions are for use with the HDMU image

If you only have 2 channels that you want to add to an existing bouquet then the easiest way I think is the following,
    In normal viewing mode press 'ok' then press 'green' to get you to satellites, move to 'terrestrial services' for 3e and tv3, press 'ok'
    Move up or down to the channel/service you want to add to a bouquet,
    when the channel is highlighted press 'menu'--> 'add service to bouquet' , then select the bouquet you want to add the channel to.
    Services added to bouquets in this way automatically appear at the end of the list already in that bouquet

*instructions are for use with the HDMU image

That's hard work when compared to DreamboxEdit, set it up with the IP of the box and the FTP username and password and make sure the paths are right. Then you can find channels on the left and drag and drop them into the bouquets on the right. I leave the Sky ones alone and have a Saorview and a favourites bouquets at the end with the most watched channels

dbe_zps7fb13d97.gif

dbe2_zps8b52b9ac.gif

if there is a lot of editing to be done then dreamboxedit is probably the way to go alright, but for the sake of 2 channels i would think that downloading and setting up dreamboxeditor is actually more hard work than pressing a few buttons on the remote a couple of times

• Advertisement

Has the AutoVolume option been removed from the 10780 image? I can't see it in the Setup>System menu any more?

I have a weird one, after flashing the latest version I don't seem to have the auto volume options which I need as I'm going out to an external amp.

Edit; snap, just spotted above

Ok, got it, its a plugin, you must download it

I still get big volume jumps when switching between channels with AC3 and MPEG audio

I still get big volume jumps when switching between channels with AC3 and MPEG audio

I think it's more that volume for DTS is low, i'm trying to find a happy medium but finding it difficult. You also need to reboot to apply the changes. I'm trying default vol adj for AC3/DTS of 40 and 65 max for MPEG now

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I think it's more that volume for DTS is low, i'm trying to find a happy medium but finding it difficult. You also need to reboot to apply the changes. I'm trying default vol adj for AC3/DTS of 40 and 65 max for MPEG now

Thanks for the info, I'm playing around with the settings myself, can you post on here when you've found the settings you're happy with?

Thanks for the info, I'm playing around with the settings myself, can you post on here when you've found the settings you're happy with?

Will do later if I find a setting I'm happy with, watching something atm

I created the supplement file and added the two lines to it and put it in the autobouquet folder but nothing....

If you had to create the supplemental file then you are using an old version of autobouquets. The supplement file is built into new autobouquets. Install version I posted in post 724 of this thread then add text below to the supplement file that is in the autobouquets folder.

03e0:1255:01:2585:07fb:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:TV3
    03e1:4693:01:cb87:08fd:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:3e

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bennybongo87

givecredit wrote: »

If you had to create the supplemental file then you are using an old version of autobouquets. The supplement file is built into new autobouquets. Install version I posted in post 724 of this thread then add text below to the supplement file that is in the autobouquets folder.

Where does it add the stations to? Beside the other rtes???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious, but how do you delete recordings you no longer need?

• Advertisement

Where does it add the stations to? Beside the other rtes???

The channel numbering in the above text is at the beginning in hex. Tv3 on 992 and 3e on 993. You can then swap them in custum.text with other channel in entertainment section to put them near rtes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Folks. Sorry if I am posting something that has been already mentioned (I read some but not all of the pages on this thread).

I got an Amiko Alien 2 box yesterday. I tried to set it up last night but I dont know what I am doing wrong, I cant get anything to work. When I powered it on a HDMEDIA UNIVERSE screen came up with various options (Information, plugins, setup etc). I pressed the tv/satellite button on the remote which brought me to a list of satelites. I cant find any of the fta channels though like I would have with a sky box.

I tried to FTP on DCC using the username 'root' and the password 'root' but kept getting a login error message. Is the password wrong? Also would I be better trying to switch to Spark on the box? If so how do I do this?

I should have really read up a lot more on this box before I bought it. I was able to set up my Dreambox in less than 5 minutes but this box is a real challenge.

Thanks.

gazzer wrote: »
    Folks. Sorry if I am posting something that has been already mentioned (I read some but not all of the pages on this thread).

I got an Amiko Alien 2 box yesterday. I tried to set it up last night but I dont know what I am doing wrong, I cant get anything to work. When I powered it on a HDMEDIA UNIVERSE screen came up with various options (Information, plugins, setup etc). I pressed the tv/satellite button on the remote which brought me to a list of satelites. I cant find any of the fta channels though like I would have with a sky box.

I tried to FTP on DCC using the username 'root' and the password 'root' but kept getting a login error message. Is the password wrong? Also would I be better trying to switch to Spark on the box? If so how do I do this?

I should have really read up a lot more on this box before I bought it. I was able to set up my Dreambox in less than 5 minutes but this box is a real challenge.

Thanks.

Password is 'HDMU'
    And if the box came with the HDMU image pre loaded, you have actually had it easy enough compared to the rest of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I am slowly setting up my box (GM Triplex)

I have found the web interface useful for editing bouquets rather than the DreamboxEdit mentioned above.

Has anyone used a newer version of CoolTV than the one available in plugins section?
    http://www.cooltvguide.com/ has a version 6.4 (I assume the OE2.0 version is what I want)

Is there a repository of plugins available? I saw on another board that there is an ondemand player that plays Irish and UK players (BBC ITV Ch4 as well as RTE & tv3) but there is mention that is will not work on HDMU images, is there an equivalent out there?

Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Password is 'HDMU'
    And if the box came with the HDMU image pre loaded, you have actually had it easy enough compared to the rest of us :)

Excellent. I will give it a shot later so. Thanks a million for the reply.

bappelbe wrote: »
    Is there a repository of plugins available? I saw on another board that there is an ondemand player that plays Irish and UK players (BBC ITV Ch4 as well as RTE & tv3) but there is mention that is will not work on HDMU images, is there an equivalent out there?

Bill

Menu/Plugins/ press green.

OnDemand does not work. But there is a RTE PLAYER, TV3 PLAYER, ICEfilms player and 1Channel player that works. RTE AND TV3 player posted here in thread. Other player are available to install under green button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

gazzer wrote: »

Have you added the satellites.xml to /etc/enigma2 on the box by FTP like in Pogs tutorial? You need that before you can scan for channels on 28.2e

If you saw HDMedia Universe when you booted up then E2 is already flashed on the box, the login for FTP should be root and HDMU

I'm probably missing something in credibly obvious, but how do you delete recordings you no longer need?

You're opening the media player to play them, don't, just press the play button to open straight to the recorded media, you'll have an option to delete there.

bappelbe wrote: »

Has anyone used a newer version of CoolTV than the one available in plugins section?
    http://www.cooltvguide.com/ has a version 6.4 (I assume the OE2.0 version is what I want)

I updated mine to the latest, I'm out and about at moment but will upload it when i get home. You don't install it from ipk.

• Advertisement

Ok, I've posted links to the latest image and plugins in the other thread, it's best we keep it free of chat and use this one for discussion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83784993

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement