Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bennybongo87

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Lay down the law. E2 is supposed to run 24/7, your timers won't work in deep standby which is why there is a low power state (standby). You can set it not to show the clock in standby.
    Cheers. It was also annoying me as everyone else on forums seemed to be able to power down and boot to e2 straight away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Is there clones of this model floating around to be concerned about when going to purchase?

If so is there any tell-tale signs to spot em?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Leiva wrote: »
    Is there clones of this model floating around to be concerned about when going to purchase?

If so is there any tell-tale signs to spot em?

Don't think so, the clones I've read about are of the Alien 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Weird one, I reinstalled CoolTVGuide as I was having issues with it, that working, then the box came up with an error saying it needed to restart and then got stuck in a boot loop...
    Just reflashed there and all ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Don't think so, the clones I've read about are of the Alien 1.

There are plenty of clones available on alibaba. Also the clones of 8900 alien have been a disaster for those who bought them because they were all bricked with the latest update. So be careful with clones, they are out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

ok guys, im about to take the plunge, any recommendations on a retailler?

also, what is the t2 tuner etc i keep hearing about it, latest model from what i can gather!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Anyone get remote channel stream converter working on this receiver?

I got it working

I opened this with 7zip and extracted to
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Anyone else keep getting a "radio" favourites everytime press the blue button which you cant then get back out of to tv??

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

phobia2011 wrote: »
    ok guys, im about to take the plunge, any recommendations on a retailler?

also, what is the t2 tuner etc i keep hearing about it, latest model from what i can gather!

There are two versions of the triple tuner, the newer model has a T2 tuner which means it will do the UK channels in HD, the older model won't.

The newer model is about €30 dearer, worth it as Saorview will be using this in the future and all new Saorview approved boxes must be T2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

zefer wrote: »
    Anyone else keep getting a "radio" favourites everytime press the blue button which you cant then get back out of to tv??

When that happens, press 'P Up' to change channel then press the tv/radio button on your remote and it should bring you back to your channel bouquet.

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    When that happens, press 'P Up' to change channel then press the tv/radio button on your remote and it should bring you back to your channel bouquet.

Cheers!

There are two versions of the triple tuner, the newer model has a T2 tuner which means it will do the UK channels in HD, the older model won't.

The newer model is about €30 dearer, worth it as Saorview will be using this in the future and all new Saorview approved boxes must be T2

Thanks,

i need a recommend retailer, what are these going(new version) for at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Thanks,

i need a recommend retailer, what are these going(new version) for at the moment?

PM sent

ok,

finally,

is it worth paying extra to have it setup for me, or is it important to have the learning curve for future reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

ok,

finally,

is it worth paying extra to have it setup for me, or is it important to have the learning curve for future reference?

Definitely set it up yourself, it may seem like a lot of hassle at the start but if you follow the tutorials on here you should pick it up after a bit of playing around. Otherwise you'll be on here every 5 minutes looking for help with basic queries, and at some stage you'll more than likely have to flash the box yourself anyway!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Definitely set it up yourself, it may seem like a lot of hassle at the start but if you follow the tutorials on here you should pick it up after a bit of playing around. Otherwise you'll be on here every 5 minutes looking for help with basic queries, and at some stage you'll more than likely have to flash the box yourself anyway!

+1, nearly everyone who bought a pre-flashed box ended up flashing anyway. Some of their questions like "how do i get astra 28e channels?" were dealt with in the very first step in E2 in my guide. There is a learning curve, but it's worth getting through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Well after a few days of trying and using the great tutorial that Pog put up I have all the FTA channels set up on Enigma 2 and the EPG is working fine. However I still dont know how to add a server which is what I gather I have to do in order to edit the OSCAM server so that I can view all my channels. In spark I literally just had to ftp a converted oscam.server file to the relevant location on the box and when I rebooted the box I had all the channels.

I still have the oscam.server file on my desktop so figured that I would have to do the same with Enigma 2 but that the file would have to be placed in a different location.

When I was downloading plugins there was 3 diffferent oscam files within the EMU section. I downloaded all 3 but I dont know what I need to do after that.

If I cant get it working I will just have to stick with Spark, However the EPG is pretty crappy so I was wondering if there is software I can download to make it more readable?

Thanks.

gazzer wrote: »
    Well after a good few hours tinkering around with the box I am able to get all the channels on spark and can watch one channel and record another.

I followed the tutorial that Pog put up and reinstalled Enigma 2. I ftp'd and installed all the software mentioned now I have all the channels but when I go to install autobouqets fron the plugin I keep getting error mesages about certain files not been available. I have gone through the set up twice and still get the same message.

I will try it again tomorrow or Monday so will prob be back on here looking for more help :) Thanks everyone for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Genghis

PM sent
    Gonna take the plunge on this. Can you PM the same details please?

gazzer, we cannot help you here with Oscam

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I have timeshift working for pausing live tv but not rewind! am I missing a setting? or pressing the wrong button?

• Advertisement

bappelbe wrote: »
    I have timeshift working for pausing live tv but not rewind! am I missing a setting? or pressing the wrong button?

You need the autotimeshift plugin for that. I don't use it myself as it saves to the hd continuously. See this thread http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f268-amiko-alien-2-enigma-2/permanent-timeshift-17057/

BBC HD was replaced by BBC 2 HD today, it's no longer a mix of content, now a full channel. Be sure run autobouquets now to get it in your listing on channel 142. I've updated the picons zip in the firmware thread with this new picon, overwrite the folder. It's hosted on Dropbox so link stays the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 a1zz

PM sent
    me three.

Can you not post it on here???? E-bay looks like the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mcbod

BBC HD was replaced by BBC 2 HD today, it's no longer a mix of content, now a full channel. Be sure run autobouquets now to get it in your listing on channel 142. I've updated the picons zip in the firmware thread with this new picon, overwrite the folder. It's hosted on Dropbox so link stays the same.

Curious on your use of Autobouquets (or someone who only has FTA channels)

I found the Autobouquets handy for identifying channels. But the Bouquets themselves are a little less useful
    1) Lots of largely subscription bouquets
    2) Only one bouquet that is dedicated to FTA channels
    3) FTA bouquet has lots of repetition, blank channels and does not include ALL FTA channels

As a result I found that it was best for me to use the Autobouquets as an aid in producing my own Favourites Bouquet
    However:
    1) I cannot seem to order channels in a manually created bouquet
    2) I BELIEVE that if I rerun Autobouquets it might delete my manually defined Favourites bouquet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bennybongo87

has anyone been able to get streaming working? i have been playing around with it but when i try to stream a different channel from main tv the computer works but not perfect but the tv goes grey...

I only use the FTA channels (on sat and Saorview)
    There is an option when running the Autobouquets for "FTA only" I use that and the Northern Ireland setting.

I have to edit the channel order in the Entertainment bouquet - I use the web interface "bouquet editor" and put the Saorview channels in sepparately ( I just keep a sepparate bouquet for them but they could be added in Entertainment/Kids/News as appropriate.

I only use the FTA channels (on sat and Saorview)
    There is an option when running the Autobouquets for "FTA only" I use that and the Northern Ireland setting.

I have to edit the channel order in the Entertainment bouquet - I use the web interface "bouquet editor" and put the Saorview channels in sepparately ( I just keep a sepparate bouquet for them but they could be added in Entertainment/Kids/News as appropriate.

I used the the FTA option too, hoping it would only include FTA channels in the bouquets but it seems to have created a huge number of Bouquets and one extra one that is FTA only. But my FTA bouquet has lots of unnamed entries and duplication etc etc
    I must try using the Web bouquet editor and see if thats easier

Is it true to say that, to ensure you keep up with channel freq changes etc you have to re-run auto bouquets frequently enough and then re-order your channels etc each time?

mcbod wrote: »
    I used the the FTA option too, hoping it would only include FTA channels in the bouquets but it seems to have created a huge number of Bouquets and one extra one that is FTA only. But my FTA bouquet has lots of unnamed entries and duplication etc etc
    I must try using the Web bouquet editor and see if thats easier

Is it true to say that, to ensure you keep up with channel freq changes etc you have to re-run auto bouquets frequently enough and then re-order your channels etc each time?

I only get the FTA channels in the bouquets, if you are getting all the channels you must be doing something different to me, there is a FTA bouquet but I haven't used it.

I am not sure if I will have to keep doing the updates frequently - I only have the box a few weeks

I only get the FTA channels in the bouquets, if you are getting all the channels you must be doing something different to me, there is a FTA bouquet but I haven't used it.

I am not sure if I will have to keep doing the updates frequently - I only have the box a few weeks

Hmm
    Maybe I was just a big donkey and did it wrong then
    I'll have another go tonight and check the parameters a bit more carefully

• Advertisement

mcbod wrote: »
    Hmm
    Maybe I was just a big donkey and did it wrong then
    I'll have another go tonight and check the parameters a bit more carefully

Just had a thought, you are only checking "favourites" when looking at bouquets?

ie when watching a channel, press "OK" on the remote then press the blue button (marked "Favourites") to bring up the list of bouquets.
    There are other options (I think Service and all are there names) which bring up all sorts of channels - most of which are encrypted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement