Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I found upgrade would not show the
    Update on info. When I flashed the image from USB it would show up. Had it almost working. Boot from cold was 2 mins after latest flash. Streaming to openelec looked stave but hdmu centre kept crashing. Went back to spark. Will revisit this in a few weeks again when more images are released.

Why do you need HDMU centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

cool_cat wrote: »
    I installed my HDMU image from linuxsat a few weeks ago, and I get the same message as above when trying to update from the box, I have done it about 4 or 5 times and it still says 2 packages found. Am I on the right track or not? The version number in information menu does not change...its stuck at:

Kernel version: 2.6.32.59_stm24_0211
    Enigma: 2013-02-22-master
    Last upgrade: unavailable

Thanks for your input.

The above is correct. Your up to date if you updated the 2 packages.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Don't think so. There is a system info section in HDMU centre but it doesn't seem to change with software update. Mine shows 1447

To see what current image you have installed, Press green button when in system info in HDMU centre. This tells you your current image and gives a detailed changelog.

givecredit wrote: »
    To see what current image you have installed, Press green button when in system info in HDMU centre. This tells you your current image and gives a detailed changelog.

No, like I said, this still says 1447 and shows no changelog on pressing green

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

The above is correct. Your up to date if you updated the 2 packages.

It says the same thing everytime I run the update (2 packages), and I have done it about a dozen times at this stage. I get the feeling the update process is not actually doing anything, it only takes 10 seconds and then reboots, surely that's too short? Is anyone actually able to confirm the HDMU E2 can be updated via the software update menu? As I said earlier I got my image from the linuxsat website.

• Advertisement

No, like I said, this still says 1447 and shows no changelog on pressing green

It works on mine. I checked it just last night. gives a very detailed changelog, similar to one I posted earlier.

It works on mine. I checked it just last night. gives a very detailed changelog, similar to one I posted earlier.

Yeah, but does it change when you software update? Or does it keep displaying info from the initial E2 flash

Yeah, but does it change when you software update? Or does it keep displaying info from the initial E2 flash

Of course it does. Provides up to date image number and detailed change log....

Of course it does. Provides up to date image number and detailed change log....

Something must be wrong with my image - I am using HDMU Rev 10692 from Feb 23rd I think - That's the first and only image I have installed. Should I do an upgrade via USB to the latest, and if so, will that wipe all my setup & plugins?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Something must be wrong with my image - I am using HDMU Rev 10692 from Feb 23rd I think - That's the first and only image I have installed. Should I do an upgrade via USB to the latest, and if so, will that wipe all my setup & plugins?

Thanks

My image info doesn't change in the HDMU center when I do a software upgrade either, it still shows the original E2 image I flashed.

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    My image info doesn't change in the HDMU center when I do a software upgrade either, it still shows the original E2 image I flashed.

But does it keep telling you "(2 updated packages available)", even after updating 10 times? Also, how long do your updates take to download/install? Mine takes about 5 sec to download on 2Mb broadband, and 10 sec to install...it seems very quick?

But does it keep telling you "(2 updated packages available)", even after updating 10 times? Also, how long do your updates take to download/install? Mine takes about 5 sec to download on 2Mb broadband, and 10 sec to install...it seems very quick?

Check to see if Oscam 8523 is available under plugins/press green/emu

If it is, then you are on a recent version.

Check to see if Oscam 8523 is available under plugins/press green/emu

If it is, then you are on a recent version.

Isn't that from an online repo, would be available anyway

This is a copy of a post I made in another thread in satellite, they asked me to make a vid.

Watch in 1080p on Youtube

A quick video of the few different ways you browse channels on the Amiko Alien 2 running HDMU Enigma 2 complete with picons, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, Autobouquets and Autotimers.

At first I use the default channel browse built into the Enigma image. This is basic but very functional and responsive. It gives me a full view of what's on now and a decent EPG for individual channels.
    Later about 1 min in, when I get to Sports I use the CoolTVGuide plugin (activated by the red buton) which gives me a planner much like Sky with options for timers or autotimers (series link) with the red and green buttons. I can jump to the next page or to the next bouquet with the different remote buttons. The blue button changes the CoolTVGuide view, I go through each view one by one.

The Enigma 2 image is HDMU, the skin is PLI-HD. CrossEPG is used to get the 7 day EPG. Autobouquets is used to arrange the bouquets in the same order and channel number as Sky. You will notice I start with a favourites bouquets at the end where I have my most watched channels RTE's, BBC's, ITVs, Channel 5 etc. I also have another separate bouquet for Saorview.

Just note, the terrestrial tuner is slower than satellite and is not shown in the video, there seems to be slight lag with the way it presents the EPG when you connect to a terrestrial channel at first. While it improves for channel changes after the initial one, it does not compare to the lightning speed of the satellite tuner. I think it's the EPG that's doing it, loading with the channel and not from local storage. I don't use Saorview much so it doesn't bother me.

To see what current HDMU image you are on;

Press Menu/HDMU Centre/System Infos and press green for image info, blue for plugin info and yellow for ipk changelog.

To see what current HDMU image you are on;

Press Menu/HDMU Centre/System Infos and press green for image info, blue for plugin info and yellow for ipk changelog.

Yes, it does not give any info for either changelog and gives 1447 as HDMU revision, it has not changed but appears to update fine

2013-03-20191515_zps333fbf7f.jpg

The box has gotten a lot more stable though, seems rock solid now, I'm not needing to reboot now like I used 3 months ago, that's how long it is since I flashed it.

Yes, it does not give any info for either changelog and gives 1447 as HDMU revision, it has not changed but appears to update fine

I do not understand what you mean. What more info do you want?

IMG_20130320_185740_zpse9852ae5.jpg

I do not understand what you mean. What more info do you want?

Yours is giving you info, mine is not (same is happening others who post here)

Yours is giving you info, mine is not (same is happening others who post here)

Can I suggest you try 2 things:

Give receiver full reboot and try again. If this fails I suspect its a skin problem. You are using a different skin to me. I got my skin in plugins under skins. Using hd modern pli.

• Advertisement

Can I suggest you try 2 things:

Give receiver full reboot and try again. If this fails I suspect its a skin problem. You are using a different skin to me. I got my skin in plugins under skins. Using hd modern pli.

It's gotten many full reboots, it's been like that for months, since the day I first flashed. The HDMU Media Centre skin is a separate download and is not part of any skins. I had the Xmas skin when I initially flashed HDMU1447. Changing skin will not change the HDMU Centre skin, this remains on default when you change skin as the skins do not include the HDMU Centre.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-support/25564-hdmu-centre-skin.html

The HDMU Media Centre skin is a separate download and is not part of any skins. I had the Xmas skin when I initially flashed HDMU1447. Changing skin will not change the HDMU Centre skin, this remains on default when you change skin as the skins do not include the HDMU Centre.

IMG_20130320_201703_zps486b586d.jpg

IMG_20130320_201646_zpsf88b1f78.jpg

IMG_20130320_185856_zps4a3d4ab6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

It's gotten many full reboots, it's been like that for months, since the day I first flashed. The HDMU Media Centre skin is a separate download and is not part of any skins. I had the Xmas skin when I initially flashed HDMU1447. Changing skin will not change the HDMU Centre skin, this remains on default when you change skin as the skins do not include the HDMU Centre.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-support/25564-hdmu-centre-skin.html

I have the same flash as you (copied your guide) and have the changelog. Can post pic if necessary.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I have the same flash as you (copied your guide) and have the changelog. Can post pic if necessary.

Does your HDMU media centre look like post 888 or 893?

If it's original 1447 it should be Xmas, unless you FTP'd a new one

If it's original 1447 it should be Xmas, unless you FTP'd a new one

Maybe thats the difference. I flashed 10640 into my receiver a few weeks ago. I had to reflash after trying to install OnDemand plugin, so I reflashed a newer image.

Edit. I would not recommend FTP any new skins. Use the ones in plugins under menu button. They have been adapted by HDMU team for this image.

I'm going to do a full flash soon, just couldn't be arsed atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Em neither. Didn't flash the first image, a later one posted on the thread. Think you sent it to me POG

Clickable..

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0442.jpg

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Em neither. Didn't flash the first image, a later one posted on the thread. Think you sent it to me POG

Yeah, that explains why it's working. I bet it isn't working for anyone who flashed 1447

• Advertisement

I have uploaded Latest HDMU image here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l00wzyriwx7rud/HDMU_10780_E2_spark7162_211_git_5385_nodebug_Diff0_gst_Flash.zip

Make sure you backup your settings first. Reflashing is a doddle then. All your settings will be restored within about 5 mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement