Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Strange issue since I updated Autobouquets (not sure if it's related), I have suddenly started having issue with some channels that I had in a favourites bouquet, UTV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV3+1, ITV4, ITV4+1, Channel4 HD, 5HD, 5+1, 5 USA, 5 USA+1, 5* and 5*+1. They are in the bouquet, but not there when I browse through all channels. When I pull down the full services list with DBedit they are not listed in services either. This means CrossEPG doesn't get EPG data for them daily, I need to click on the channel to get now and next EPG. I've tried a full scan but they do not appear as services with a full scan. I've updating satellites.xml but no difference. Anyone any ideas?

Gonna try manually scan one of the transponders now see if it adds

• Registered Users Posts: 33,779 ✭✭✭✭listermint

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Strange issue since I updated Autobouquets (not sure if it's related), I have suddenly started having issue with some channels that I had in a favourites bouquet, UTV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV3+1, ITV4, ITV4+1, Channel4 HD, 5HD, 5+1, 5 USA, 5 USA+1, 5* and 5*+1. They are in the bouquet, but not there when I browse through all channels. When I pull down the full services list with DBedit they are not listed in services either. This means CrossEPG doesn't get EPG data for them daily, I need to click on the channel to get now and next EPG. I've tried a full scan but they do not appear as services with a full scan. I've updating satellites.xml but no difference. Anyone any ideas?

Gonna try manually scan one of the transponders now see if it adds

Tried ditching Auto Bouquets and just using Dreamboxedit ?

I also think this may have the added effect of losing another plugin which isnt always a bad thing i suppose.

listermint wrote: »
    Tried ditching Auto Bouquets and just using Dreamboxedit ?

I also think this may have the added effect of losing another plugin which isnt always a bad thing i suppose.

Scanned the five transponders and they're all back, not sure why I was not getting them with a full scan. Gonna disable Autobouquets as it's doing something when it runs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Scanned the five transponders and they're all back, not sure why I was not getting them with a full scan. Gonna disable Autobouquets as it's doing something when it runs

Try the following to see if makes any difference. Remove text inside supplemental.txt and custum text in autobouquets folder.

I do not have the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

Which version of dreamboxedit are you guys using? I downloaded 3.0.0.0 last night from Sourceforge, but it seems to be pretty old. The default paths to the receiver for bouquets/satellites.xml were wrong, it also gave errors for some of the bouquets that it pulled in from the receiver, and the HD channels show as 'data' rather than 'TV'.

I'm a bit wary of editing bouquets and sending them back to the box with this version!

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    Try the following to see if makes any difference. Remove text inside supplemental.txt and custum text in autobouquets folder.

I do not have the same issue.

Will try that later, I have the channels added manually for now which will do for weekend, don't want to be messing atm
    dr_funk wrote: »
    Which version of dreamboxedit are you guys using? I downloaded 3.0.0.0 last night from Sourceforge, but it seems to be pretty old. The default paths to the receiver for bouquets/satellites.xml were wrong, it also gave errors for some of the bouquets that it pulled in from the receiver, and the HD channels show as 'data' rather than 'TV'.

I'm a bit wary of editing bouquets and sending them back to the box with this version!

5.2.0.0 is the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Try the latest version of Dreamset

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Has anyone got streaming working successfully ? And particularly to an Android Phone ?

I can access my box across the internet but just can't get anything to reliably stream at all.

championc wrote: »
    Has anyone got streaming working successfully ? And particularly to an Android Phone ?

I can access my box across the internet but just can't get anything to reliably stream at all.

Yeah, works fine for me on both tablet and phone with the Dreamdroid app and VLC player

Ah, you're not talking local streaming, you're talking over the net. You'd have quite a few ports to forward for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Yeah, works fine for me on both tablet and phone with the Dreamdroid app and VLC player

Ah, you're not talking local streaming, you're talking over the net. You'd have quite a few ports to forward for that

I just forwarded 8001 so maybe that's my problem. However, I can't stream to my phone (SGS II running Android 4.1.2) on the home Lan. All I get is a blank screen.

I assume I do not need to add the VLC Plugin onto the box ???

• Advertisement

I just forwarded 8001 so maybe that's my problem. However, I can't stream to my phone (SGS II running Android 4.1.2) on the home Lan. All I get is a blank screen.

I have it added, it's in download plugins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I found the stock media player was causing problems on my HTC OneX. Try download the correct version of MX Player for your phone through the play store and set it as the default media player for dreamdroid.

I've found some issues with the latest version on Autobouquets myself. I found it inserted quite a few blank spaces between channels in my bouquets. Cleaned them up and no issues since.

Box seems very stable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I have suddenly started having issue with some channels that I had in a favourites bouquet, UTV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV3+1, ITV4, ITV4+1, Channel4 HD, 5HD, 5+1, 5 USA, 5 USA+1, 5* and 5*+1.
    I dont like the way Autobouquets doesnt include those channels in the Entertainment section and the channel ordering on Autobouquets is poor too ,+1 channels should be beside their parent channel.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I dont like the way Autobouquets doesnt include those channels in the Entertainment section and the channel ordering on Autobouquets is poor too ,+1 channels should be beside their parent channel.

Blame Sky for laying them out this way

Blame Sky for laying them out this way
    I dont see why Autobouquets has to adhere to Sky's channel order ,its a flawed layout .
    The main thing is to have the channels in a logical order and have them retune ,it shouldnt necessarily have to have the same illogical numbering as Sky .
    I had a go at trying to customise the order but it didnt work too well.

I dont see why Autobouquets has to adhere to Sky's channel order ,its a flawed layout .
    The main thing is to have the channels in a logical order and have them retune ,it shouldnt necessarily have to have the same illogical numbering as Sky .
    I had a go at trying to customise the order but it didnt work too well.

You are completely missing the point of Autobouquets, it lays out the channels in the same order and with the same channel number as Sky. When a channel changes transponder it changes to suit the Sky changes

Right, now I'm not getting Epg for these channels after a reboot, only now/next when I click on the channel. WTF has gone wrong?

Ok, I fixed the issue by doing the following. Removed Autobouquets completely then reinstalled the old version and dvbsnoop and changed permissions. I ran autobouquets, took the usual 15 mins complete, this doesn't bother me as I only run it every so often. I then deleted the crossepg files from my usb drive and ran crossepg. Rebooted and all is fine.

Right, now I'm not getting Epg for these channels after a reboot, only now/next when I click on the channel. WTF has gone wrong?

Try changing the region to Northern Ireland HD. See what effect this has on your channels after a rescan of autobouquets. Im guessing your problem may then be only with TV3 and 3e after the region change, If this is the case i will post later a fix for these channels.

Try changing the region to Northern Ireland HD. See what effect this has on your channels after a rescan of autobouquets. Im guessing your problem may then be only with TV3 and 3e after the region change, If this is the case i will post later a fix for these channels.

Fcuk that, it's working, not messing with it now on bank hols weekend

You are completely missing the point of Autobouquets, it lays out the channels in the same order and with the same channel number as Sky. When a channel changes transponder it changes to suit the Sky changes
    No I am not .
    Autobouquets originated from coding on the Commando Neutrino image for the Dm500.
    Its primary objective was to sort the channels automatically for the user into bouquets and to remap channels when they change frequency.
    It made no mention of mirroring Sky's channel order and it used a far more logical way of ordering channels within a bouquet .

• Advertisement

No I am not .
    Autobouquets originated from coding on the Commando Neutrino image for the Dm500.
    Its primary objective was to sort the channels automatically for the user into bouquets and to remap channels when they change frequency.
    It made no mention of mirroring Sky's channel order and it used a far more logical way of ordering channels within a bouquet .

Dependent on which region you select within its settings..

If you choose Sky IRL it will emulate Sky IRL

Dependent on which region you select within its settings..

If you choose Sky IRL it will emulate Sky IRL
    Well yes obviously it will emulate it but it tweaks the order to make it more logical/easier to use.

Well yes obviously it will emulate it but it tweaks the order to make it more logical/easier to use.

Well no, it emulates the Sky one so its like sky and adds the Sky Channel Numbers also so you can use it like you would sky.

Well no, it emulates the Sky one so its like sky and adds the Sky Channel Numbers also so you can use it like you would sky.
    I was referring to autobouquets on the Commando image ,it does not use the Sky channel numbers ,I am well aware of how it works on Enigma 2 .

Anyway I digress ,I am going to have another go at customizing the channel order on Autobouquets to see if I can get it how I want it ,not how Sky want it .Lraizer might be worth a pm.
    I will upload the modded channel order here if I succeed.

I was referring to autobouquets on the Commando image ,it does not use the Sky channel numbers ,I am well aware of how it works on Enigma 2 .

Anyway I digress ,I am going to have another go at customizing the channel order on Autobouquets to see if I can get it how I want it ,not how Sky want it .Lraizer might be worth a pm.

You can turn off numbered, turn off default and set a custom order in the settings

You can turn off numbered, turn off default and set a custom order in the settings
    Must have another go at that so ,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

Hmm, I'm experimenting with Dreamset at the moment (thanks joe250). If I rearrange the channels/favourites groups myself and send them back to the box, will that interfere with dvbsnoop/autobouquets remapping channels if they change frequency/transponder?

dr_funk wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm experimenting with Dreamset at the moment (thanks joe250). If I rearrange the channels/favourites groups myself and send them back to the box, will that interfere with dvbsnoop/autobouquets remapping channels if they change frequency/transponder?

It shouldn't, Autobouquets creates its own bouquets and leaves the ones you have intact.

Anyone using the latest version of Autobouquets and not using Rep of Ireland as selected region can add tv3 and 3e to their auto generated epg by adding the following text to supplement.txt folder in autobouquets:

03e0:1255:01:2585:07fb:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:TV3
    03e1:4693:01:cb87:08fd:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:3e

The above text adds tv3 and 3e to entertainment section.

• Advertisement

Anyone using the latest version of Autobouquets and not using Rep of Ireland as selected region can add tv3 and 3e to their auto generated epg by adding the following text to supplement.txt folder in autobouquets:

03e0:1255:01:2585:07fb:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:TV3
    03e1:4693:01:cb87:08fd:11a0000:BSkyB:NDS:3e

The above text adds tv3 and 3e to entertainment section.

You wouldnt have the codes for RTE1,RTE2 and TG4 by any chance ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement