Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

gleannboy wrote: »
    Thanks for your prompt reply, you are right it ‘s “Autobouquets E2 28.2E no extension.
    Yes, i used autobouquets_e2.sh just a few pages back
    Yes , the folder autobouquets and all the files are contained usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    When i press red button it shows “AutoBouquets downloader” in the input menu but no joy.
    The mind boggles

What happens when you run it from the plugins menu? Menu-->plugins
    Have you deleted the folder and tried the new version. Remember to change the files permissions

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

Great news,
    Problem solved ,folder was set to 755 but files inside were at 644 changed to 755 and “bobs your uncle” will go out for a pint 2nite and enjoy it. Please don’t tell Christine Lagarde.
    Thanks again, for sharing your expertise with us mere mortals.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi, I need some help here and if possible screen shots. I have upgraded to HDMU on my alien 2. However in order to get better screen resolution #I have lost my display. I need to go back to best fit but for the life of me with no display I can't.
    I really appreciate any input on the correct button order to press.
    Best Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Hi, I need some help here and if possible screen shots. I have upgraded to HDMU on my alien 2. However in order to get better screen resolution #I have lost my display. I need to go back to best fit but for the life of me with no display I can't.
    I really appreciate any input on the correct button order to press.
    Best Regards

Is it possible you've changed the output to something other than HDMI?

To get to the Settings you need to press:

Menu - up - up - ok - ok - ok ... This brings you to the video output settings. Press left or right and hopefully something will show.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Wisesmurf wrote: »

Is it possible you've changed the output to something other than HDMI?

To get to the Settings you need to press:

Menu - up - up - ok - ok - ok ... This brings you to the video output settings. Press left or right and hopefully something will show.
    Thanks.
    Back in action again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Looking for recommendations for usb drive to use as storage for this box..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

zefer wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations for usb drive to use as storage for this box..

Ive used a 32Gb Sandisk Micro SD card bought from Amazon. They are very fast You could also go for a 64Gb option of the same if you liked. Price dependant

listermint wrote: »
    Ive used a 32Gb Sandisk Micro SD card bought from Amazon. They are very fast You could also go for a 64Gb option of the same if you liked. Price dependant

How much storage (hours) do you get with a 32GB card??

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the confirmation .... i know they did stop support so maybe they had a change of mind.

What plugins particularly are causing the crash?

With regards the rear usb, can you run a quick check and insert something into rear USB and then via telnet on your box do the following commands

lsusb

dmesg

these commands should atleast show if the usb is being recognised.

Sorry for the delay Rob, I tried the above commands and they didnt reveal much to be honest, then i tried 'blkid' this gave me the name size and format type of the connected usb. it was shown at dev/sda.
    because i had been trying the format command mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD / dev/sda1, without any success i then tried leaving it at /dev/sda rather than sda1 and I had success. The drive formatted and mounted. So usb port is working.

Also I have to say a big thanks to givecred, a simple thumbs up doesnt do justice to the new autobouquets plugin. There is now no initial satellite scanning required, this combined with its much shorter set up time makes me not fear having to reflash anymore!

Oh and rob the plugins i am having problems with are the rte player and 3player, once i select anything on their menus the box crashes, i get a pink screen with black writing that states 'we are really sorry, your stb has encountered a software problem and needs to restart'

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

I have wireless connection working on the Spark side of on my G.Media (T) box. How do i connect wirelessly to the Enigma 2 side. Any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

This Amiko A2 Combobox looks like the one I will go with.

Any advice on the below would be great....

I am going to do a whole new install of all cable/Dish/Hardware in my house in April.

I will be:
    • running Cat6 and Coaxial to all rooms.
    • new dish on Roof
    • investing in a couple of these boxes running Enigma2
    • configuring all the goodies available;) ..take advice to PM if it helps
    Any advice on the above would be great, especially seeing I am trying to install a multiroom system (best splitters/ boosters etc)
    The best Dish etc ..anything !

See I don't really know what I'm on about, but I think you catch my drift :o

Probably the 1st of many silly questions, received my GM triplex yesterday and went to follow pogmythoin's instructions to put enigma2 on box but it looks like I already have enigma installed?? See screenshot

img2260cp.jpg

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Yes it looks like you have E2 already installed :)

You can try and boot into Spark and you will see the difference immediately. If you do boot into spark have a look at the plugins and see if you can see a plugin called e2_upgrade_s (or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Any idea what image that is ?

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Yes it looks like you have E2 already installed :)

You can try and boot into Spark and you will see the difference immediately. If you do boot into spark have a look at the plugins and see if you can see a plugin called e2_upgrade_s (or something like that)

Yep that plugin is there in spark alright.
    The box is very slow to react in Enigma, is that normal? Both on remote and direct on box controls.? I might re-flash now that I can get into Spark if it isnt normal

It really depends on what version of E2 is used ... It looks like the hardest bit is done for you with a version of enigma already being installed.

You could try a HDMU E2 image and install it using the e2_upgrade plugin and you may find this better

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

zefer wrote: »
    Yep that plugin is there in spark alright.
    The box is very slow to react in Enigma, is that normal? Both on remote and direct on box controls.? I might re-flash now that I can get into Spark if it isnt normal

I think it's accepted that the remote isn't as good when you switch to E2.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

I'm currently running HDMU 10640 on my box, is there a more stable version I should have on it or what do people recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Going to order this box just wondering,
    Which box is best amiko alien 2 or 2+ both triple tuners, diference is the + is a dvbt2 instead of dvbt tuner? living in the south, will the t2 recieve saorview or just for uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

pod2011 wrote: »
    Going to order this box just wondering,
    Which box is best amiko alien 2 or 2+ both triple tuners, diference is the + is a dvbt2 instead of dvbt tuner? living in the south, will the t2 recieve saorview or just for uk?

Go with the newer t2 version. It will work with saorview.

• Advertisement

Digidol wrote: »
    I'm currently running HDMU 10640 on my box, is there a more stable version I should have on it or what do people recommend?

Just do menu--> software update. I haven't flashed since Jan

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Just do menu--> software update. I haven't flashed since Jan

what skin (hope thats the term) you using in the screen shots you posted for the guide ?

the pic in particular is from a PL game with Lukaku showing in the image...what skin is that showing?

does anyone sell the Amiko A2 with the latest version of Enigma2 pre installed and configured?;)

Leiva wrote: »
    what skin (hope thats the term) you using in the screen shots you posted for the guide ?

the pic in particular is from a PL game with Lukaku showing in the image...what skin is that showing?

does anyone sell the Amiko A2 with the latest version of Enigma2 pre installed and configured?;)

Pli-HD, it's in the plugins repository

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I have to say I love the Kerni-HD1R2 skin;

(Picture quality is poor as I took them in a rush!)

img0315no.jpg

img0317iwk.jpg

img0316jrm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

does the metrixhd skin work with any of the enigma2 images? looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

I'm using it on the HDMU image.

does the metrixhd skin work with any of the enigma2 images? looks nice.

Dont install it, I just copied it over, now i can't remove it, the box crashes when I try to open the Skin menu. Anyone know how to manually set a skin in the config?

FTP into your box and go to usr/share/enigma2 and then just delete the skin you installed and it will then revert to your default skin

If I install, configure and customise one box using Pogs excellent guide can I copy and flash a second or third box with the same exact config, or do I need to build each one individually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Leiva wrote: »
    If I install, configure and customise one box using Pogs excellent guide can I copy and flash a second or third box with the same exact config, or do I need to build each one individually?

You can back up the image to a USB stick and then load it onto the other two boxes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement