Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Digidol wrote: »
    Does anyone else experience volume issue on channels on E2 HDMU? When I switch between channels the volume is jumping up and down and is really annoying. I've played around with the Volume Adjustment settings in Setup but it doesn't some to help?

Also on some channels it seems to select the wrong audio track and picks the one with narration for visually impaired people?

not sure about the different volume problem,

the visually impared audio track can be changed by pressing the yellow button when watching the channel and moving to the english audio track without 'nar'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PogMoThoin wrote: »

On the channel press yellow and set it to English. You may also need to adjust that in auto language selection, set audio language to English.
    Dolby Digital audio soundtracks are louder on my dreambox than normal mpeg audio so this could the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

New AutoBouquets now fully functional on Amiko/GM Triplex:

AutoBouquets E2 code has been 90% rewritten and optimized
    for speed. main coding has now been moved into binaries.
    script checking can be disabled for none comaptible boxes.
    run AutoBouquets Downloader in background via blue button.
    custom.txt channel swap file has be slightly simplified.
    now just enter channels to swap with each other. 105=171
    fixed missing channels bug. added bouquet style options.
    added supplement.txt file for manual service additions.

when using the supplement.txt file to manually add channels,
    its best to add your channel with a channel number that puts
    the new channel into an empty slot in the "other" bouquet.
    current empty slots are 975 < 995. you can then simply add a
    switch entry in the custom.txt file to swap with another one.

This version adds MTV trax and STVHD to others bouquet.

You must chmod 755 these files:
    autobouquets_e2.sh, autobouquets, autolamedb

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

givecredit wrote: »

AutoBouquets E2 code has been 90% rewritten and optimized
    for speed. main coding has now been moved into binaries.
    script checking can be disabled for none comaptible boxes.
    run AutoBouquets Downloader in background via blue button.
    custom.txt channel swap file has be slightly simplified.
    now just enter channels to swap with each other. 105=171
    fixed missing channels bug. added bouquet style options.
    added supplement.txt file for manual service additions.

when using the supplement.txt file to manually add channels,
    its best to add your channel with a channel number that puts
    the new channel into an empty slot in the "other" bouquet.
    current empty slots are 975 < 995. you can then simply add a
    switch entry in the custom.txt file to swap with another one.

This version adds MTV trax and STVHD to others bouquet.

You must chmod 755 these files:
    autobouquets_e2.sh, autobouquets, autolamedb

Whats the best way to update?

Do I remove the old autobouquets via FTP then FTP the new version in?
    do I have to manually remove the old bouquets or will the new autobouqets overwrite them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Whats the best way to update?

Do I remove the old autobouquets via FTP then FTP the new version in?
    do I have to manually remove the old bouquets or will the new autobouqets overwrite them

Delete the old Autobouquets from extensions. Insert new one and chmod. Then run it by pressing red button on remote and select autobouquets downloader. Takes 1min 58 secs to do complete scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

Has anyone had any issue getting an output through Scart on HDMU Enigma? I plugged a scart cable from the receiver into the TV, and it's not working... (I checked the scart cable and tv scart input with another device and it was fine)

PS: I get an error when I go to the setup menu called "VCR Scart" even when scart is plugged in - is that normal?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

afaik HDMU no longer support Scart just HDMI ... although i'm sure one of the guys who uses HDMU can confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    afaik HDMU no longer support Scart just HDMI ... although i'm sure one of the guys who uses HDMU can confirm

Thanks, if someone could confirm that would be great - I was hoping to feed the Scart into an RF Modulator to send to another TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Is there a way of checking if I have anything stored on the internal flash by mistake? (eg. cross epg)

cool_cat wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issue getting an output through Scart on HDMU Enigma? I plugged a scart cable from the receiver into the TV, and it's not working... (I checked the scart cable and tv scart input with another device and it was fine)

PS: I get an error when I go to the setup menu called "VCR Scart" even when scart is plugged in - is that normal?

Thanks

Yes it is possible to use a scart connection with the HDMU image,
    When you flash the image initially, the box goes through the different outputs to see which one to set up.
    The first one is Hdmi, then there is pc component there may be another. You need to wait until the scart option comes up, the screen will remain blank until the scart option appears.
    You will know what output the box is searching for by the display on the box, when this changes to scart you should see a picture, then select ok. However it may take a few mins for the box to check through the other outputs first.
    alternatively, if you do not want to wait, once you see the HDMI option on the box led display, press the down arrow 3 times to get to the scart option.

However if you are able to see the menus then i think your scart is already working? What is it you are having difficulty viewing?

• Advertisement

Yes it is possible to use a scart connection with the HDMU image,
    When you flash the image initially, the box goes through the different outputs to see which one to set up.
    The first one is Hdmi, then there is pc component there may be another. You need to wait until the scart option comes up, the screen will remain blank until the scart option appears.
    You will know what output the box is searching for by the display on the box, when this changes to scart you should see a picture, then select ok. However it may take a few mins for the box to check through the other outputs first.
    alternatively, if you do not want to wait, once you see the HDMI option on the box led display, press the down arrow 3 times to get to the scart option.

However if you are able to see the menus then i think your scart is already working? What is it you are having difficulty viewing?

Have you actually tried the scart connection though ?

I do believe that HDMU do not support scart connection even though it gives you the option of using it ... afaik they stopped supporting scart a few releases ago unless they have started using it again

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

givecredit wrote: »

How do you make a list of FTA favourites and include Saorview channels? I know how to edit channel lists and FTP them to the box, I just don't know how to get the Saorview ones in the list.

Or better still - if there was a channel list in existence that I could modify...

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

T0MMY wrote: »
    How do you make a list of FTA favourites and include Saorview channels? I know how to edit channel lists and FTP them to the box, I just don't know how to get the Saorview ones in the list.

Or better still - if there was a channel list in existence that I could modify...

Cheers

Use Dreamboxedit
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dreamboxedit/

Latest version here: http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=135894

I am using dreambox edit to edit the lists, I just havent figured out how to get Saorview channels into a list of favourites.

I've had no luck getting channel lists off my box - there's always an error when I try and open it.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Cheers

Did you scan for them? You need to scan and find them first. You need to setup dreamboxedit with the IP and username and password to connect to the box. Then in dreamboxedit, find the channels on the left by changing "any dvb system" to "dvb-t" then add them to any bouquet.

Did you scan for them? You need to scan and find them first. You need to setup dreamboxedit with the IP and username and password to connect to the box. Then in dreamboxedit, find the channels on the left by changing "any dvb system" to "dvb-t" then add them to any bouquet.

Ahh! I was using dreambox edit to edit lists and then I was using filezilla to send them to the box. I will give that a go tonight. Cheers.

T0MMY wrote: »
    Ahh! I was using dreambox edit to edit lists and then I was using filezilla to send them to the box. I will give that a go tonight. Cheers.

Yeah, no point in doing that, dreamboxedit uses FTP to connect and pull these files down and then gives you the option to send to box in one click. You can also add picons to channels and send them to the box

Robxxx7 wrote: »

Have you actually tried the scart connection though ?

I do believe that HDMU do not support scart connection even though it gives you the option of using it ... afaik they stopped supporting scart a few releases ago unless they have started using it again

yes Rob I use my box with scart connection. and it works.
    I previously flashed hdmu 10640 and the latest software update I have done was mid last week.so not sure what version that means I am on.
    the only problems I am having are with plugins forcing the box to crash and rear usb port not working, I don't think these could be connected to the scart issue as I had the same problems with some of the earlier versions.

yes Rob I use my box with scart connection. and it works.
    I previously flashed hdmu 10640 and the latest software update I have done was mid last week.so not sure what version that means I am on.
    the only problems I am having are with plugins forcing the box to crash and rear usb port not working, I don't think these could be connected to the scart issue as I had the same problems with some of the earlier versions.

Thanks for the confirmation .... i know they did stop support so maybe they had a change of mind.

What plugins particularly are causing the crash?

With regards the rear usb, can you run a quick check and insert something into rear USB and then via telnet on your box do the following commands

lsusb

dmesg

these commands should atleast show if the usb is being recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Whats the going price for these boxes? I see on Satsklep the price is €164.16 plus carriage of €18.62.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

I got a Golden Media model on ebay for 165 Euro. According to this thread they are very similar boxes. Take a look at the first few pages as it's decribed there. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170963442687

I have a question:

- Does this box have media player functionality, where it will link to a NAS and show/play all the movie metadata, pictures and music I have saved. Like XBMC, or Windows Media Center?

- Can this box be used to torrent?

BopperSnr wrote: »
    I got a Golden Media model on ebay for 165 Euro. According to this thread they are very similar boxes. Take a look at the first few pages as it's decribed there. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170963442687

I have a question:

- Does this box have media player functionality, where it will link to a NAS and show/play all the movie metadata, pictures and music I have saved. Like XBMC, or Windows Media Center?

- Can this box be used to torrent?

No and No

not even with an add - on?

BopperSnr wrote: »
    not even with an add - on?

No, there is no plugins like this for this box. Not all Enigma plugins work, plugins must be compatible with the hardware the box contains.

I was hoping to get rid of my HTPC (with sat card) and replace with this. but from what your saying , thats not an option.
    Is there a list of the plugins that do work with the Golden Media model?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I got one of the GM Triplex boxes delivered today.

Just wondering if there are any recommendations on what to look out for in an external HD - speed etc?

Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Whats the going price for these boxes? I see on Satsklep the price is €164.16 plus carriage of €18.62.
    Got mine the other day €195 from satworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

Hi,
    I am new to this forum, i have the latest HDMU image loaded on my G.Media (T) box.
    I down loaded autobouquets_e2.sh, from this forum and put files in the correct folders. Autobouquets_e2.sh shows up in my Plugins but when i try to load it tell me to "Please first setup, by pressing menu button" on pressing menu button nothing happens - any help! would be appreciated .

gleannboy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum, i have the latest HDMU image loaded on my G.Media (T) box.
    I down loaded autobouquets_e2.sh, from this forum and put files in the correct folders. Autobouquets_e2.sh shows up in my Plugins but when i try to load it tell me to "Please first setup, by pressing menu button" on pressing menu button nothing happens - any help! would be appreciated .

Autobouquets_e2.sh shows up in plugins? You should just see Autobouquets, no mention of the file extension. Does your /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ contain an Autobouquets folder with all the autobouquets files.

Also if you're installing autobouquets use the newer version posted a few pages back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

Thanks for your prompt reply, you are right it ‘s “Autobouquets E2 28.2E no extension.
    Yes, i used autobouquets_e2.sh just a few pages back
    Yes , the folder autobouquets and all the files are contained usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    When i press red button it shows “AutoBouquets downloader” in the input menu but no joy.
    The mind boggles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement