Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Are you flashing it through the spark plugin?

Yes, I didn't know there was any other way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Seapoint wrote: »
    Yes, I didn't know there was any other way?

Never heard of it not flashing correctly through spark. Does it say it was successful?

Never heard of it not flashing correctly through spark. Does it say it was successful?

Yep! Says it was successful. I'll d/l it again and flash again when the box isn't being watched!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ok, here it is, a link to my Jan 2014 Hyperion V3 Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    1channel (new version) , AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBouquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v7.0, IPTV Updater v1.1, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank - no line ), TSMedia v4.9 beta2, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel and SambaServer.

Also includes SkyHD bootlogo and skin

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip:00080 - change it in Plugins > OpenWebIf

Download

Enjoy!

Loaded it onto my box no problem ,

Wont come out of boot when I start the box up ?

Had the same issue with Champions latest update to his image , the previous one before ( a couple of days before ) worked no problem

Could the issue be Im using a Sab Unix Triple HD and not the AA2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Happy New Year to you all

Here's a link to my Champions 22Dec2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is HD Judder Fixed and is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v9127 (with blank sample Reader cline), SDA1 already mounted as HDD, PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf AND WebInterface (Take your Pick), Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button.

Added also is an SD Streaming Bouquet in addition to the standard bouquets created by AutoBouquets.

With HDMI-CEC (already activated), you can control the box from your TV Remote.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80) - change it in Plugins and turn On OpenWebIf if you prefer it to WebInterface (or use both but make sure the port numbers are not the same)

Here's the link
    http://goo.gl/2DuVm0

Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

I downloaded the image and everything seems to be working fine.

Just one question.... How do I move, delete rearrange, rename channels?

• Advertisement

cyndale wrote: »
    Happy New Year to you all

Here's a link to my Champions 22Dec2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is HD Judder Fixed and is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v9127 (with blank sample Reader cline), SDA1 already mounted as HDD, PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf AND WebInterface (Take your Pick), Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button.

Added also is an SD Streaming Bouquet in addition to the standard bouquets created by AutoBouquets.

With HDMI-CEC (already activated), you can control the box from your TV Remote.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80) - change it in Plugins and turn On OpenWebIf if you prefer it to WebInterface (or use both but make sure the port numbers are not the same)

Here's the link
    http://goo.gl/2DuVm0

Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Thanks Championc. What is the model number of that LG soundbar you have so I can google it? Would you recommend it?

Flex

Sorry, I forgot to reply. I got an LG NB4530. It got a Best Buy 3013 rating in the What Hi-Fi mag so that was steering me in it's direction. It has Bluetooth so kids (and me) can play audio from phones, ipads, etc. It has a pretty decent subwoofer which MAKES the real cinematic experience (kaboom explosions !!). Well it does have over 300w of power !!. The sub is Wireless so can be placed anywhere in the room. I really like the clarity of dialogue in Movies or ordinary TV programmes.

It has HDMI and Optical connections as well as the normal Analog phonos. It has a host of sound modes, from 3d to Clear Voice, about 8 in total. It can also equalize the sound level, from one channel to another or from programme to ad breaks (annoying on TV volume when ad breaks are louder than the programmes)

Luckily my TV supports ARC (it was written beside HDMI 2) I had never heard of ARC before but basically, it allows the TV to talk to the Soundbar. So when I turn the TV on, it turns the Soundbar on too. It then mutes the TV and the soundbar is now the audio source. The TV or Soundbar remote control the sound level. Turn the soundbar off and control returns to the TVs' own audio speakers and remote.

It's possibly just being (or been) replaced so you might find them discounted through the likes of Richersounds

Anyone want to buy a Marrantz Amp - rarely used !!!

Download and install DreamboxEdit to your PC or else, when in a Bouquet, press Menu and go from there

Loaded it onto my box no problem ,

Wont come out of boot when I start the box up ?

Had the same issue with Champions latest update to his image , the previous one before ( a couple of days before ) worked no problem

Could the issue be Im using a Sab Unix Triple HD and not the AA2 ?
    Is it green screening, if so what plugin is mentioned on it, or is it stuck at load 0?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is it green screening, if so what plugin is mentioned on it, or is it stuck at load 0?

Just stuck on "BOOT" No green screen

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Download and install DreamboxEdit to your PC or else, when in a Bouquet, press Menu and go from there

Is dreambox edit pretty much the same as filezilla ? Also one other quick query ,

I have plugged in a 320GB hard drive how do I get the box to recognise it ?

Thanks

Is dreambox edit pretty much the same as filezilla ?

No its a channel editor. Download it and it'll all become clear.

Don't mean to sound 'completely' stupid but this is the first time I have installed enigma2 on my amiko so bear with me, thanks!

1. How do I save the channel list to the usb.
    2. Are there instructions anywhere on how to use Bouquet?
    3. noticed when I have the channel list open and move through the channels the small tv picture judders for a second or two.

I was really pleased with the AP-R you posted, great stuff, thanks!

Don't mean to sound 'completely' stupid but this is the first time I have installed enigma2 on my amiko so bear with me, thanks!

1. How do I save the channel list to the usb.
    2. Are there instructions anywhere on how to use Bouquet?
    3. noticed when I have the channel list open and move through the channels the small tv picture judders for a second or two.

I was really pleased with the AP-R you posted, great stuff, thanks!

1. You don't. You download from the box to your PC, edit it around, the upload the edited version back again and reboot the box fully
    2. Bouquet = Channel List (when you press the OK button while viewing a programme)
    3. Maybe change the Skin to KerniHD
    I have plugged in a 320GB hard drive how do I get the box to recognise it ?

Thanks

Reboot your box fully. The HDD will be auto mounted at boot time

1. You don't. You download from the box to your PC, edit it around, the upload the edited version back again and reboot the box fully
    2. Bouquet = Channel List (when you press the OK button while viewing a programme)

Thanks for that the HDD is perfect now !

IS there a way to force cool guide to download the EPG info , mine does not seem to be doing so ?

Also if I want to upgrade to 7.0 is it simply a case of copying the the ipk and dropping the contents into the the root of the box /

Would you have any idea as to why I cant load your or the Tech guys latest image onto my box

Sorry for all the questions :o but thanks for all the help !

IS there a way to force cool guide to download the EPG info , mine does not seem to be doing so ?

Also if I want to upgrade to 7.0 is it simply a case of copying the the ipk and dropping the contents into the the root of the box /

Would you have any idea as to why I cant load your or the Tech guys latest image onto my box

CoolTVGuide is just that - the Guide. To download, run CrossEPG. On my image, it's set to run at 5am daily. It pulls down the EPG for the next 7 days every night.

I tried v7.0 but a) I cannot get to the menu - it crashes and b) if you go into the EPG, you cannot press the Exit button to go back to the channel you were on.

The only changes I believe I made with the latest image was a) Adding the SkyHD skin and b) adding the Swap ca0<>ca1 fix so I really cannot see why this should stop it from booting if the previous copy booted OK.

I have the image on a few forums and the download link has been clicked over 300 times and there seems to be very little difficulty with it based on feedback on those forums

Thanks for all the help, I will try it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Seapoint wrote: »
    @TheTechGuy I wonder was I doing something incorrectly? I flashed your backup , the kernel flasher as per normal, but the filesystem flashed too quickly, wouldn't boot. I tried it a few times but to no joy?

I get this sometimes, mostly with the 8900. you know straight away when it only takes about ten seconds to flash.
    reformat your usb and download the file from the original source again.

Whats the best plugin to watch the box on you Mac/PC

Ive tried dreambox webtv but its says its missing a plugin when I try to use it ,

Its allows me changed channels ok but wont allow me to watch TV

Whats the best plugin to watch the box on you Mac/PC

Ive tried dreambox webtv but its says its missing a plugin when I try to use it ,

Its allows me changed channels ok but wont allow me to watch TV

http://ipofbox:00080

• Advertisement

Brings me into the Amiko Web Control , I click on webTV , Bring up the error no plug in available to play this content

288285.png

Nooooo

Click the TV icon on the right to download a streaming file. Open the saved file then with VLC Player on your PC.

TIP - rename the downloaded file from "stream" to the channel name so you can then have your folder on your PC with the bunch of pre-saved streams

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

TIP - rename the downloaded file from "stream" to the channel name so you can then have your folder on your PC with the bunch of pre-saved streams

Love that tip! Great idea for the tablet or phone. Means u don't have to visit the webif to grab the .m3u file. I know you can use DreamDroid or Vu+Player too!

Obskure wrote: »
    Love that tip! Great idea for the tablet or phone. Means u don't have to visit the webif to grab the .m3u file. I know you can use DreamDroid or Vu+Player too!

Dreamdroid or VU+ Player will allow you to watch on the iPhone /Android .

I take it to a back of some of the mods I made to an image I go into software manager and back up ?

Or have I missed something ?

Also is it worth loading on XBMC or just put on icefilms ?

I better go to bed , I've been playing with this box all night !

The best way to take a backup is with the version of the spark e2upgrade plugin that has the option of the Green Button - Backup in addition to the Red Button - Upgrade.

There's a copy in the folders with my image.

I have to admit, for usability so far, the championc image is the easiest to begin with for me. My master backup stored on my HDD is championc's The only thing that I'm missing in this image is MKV playback.

I tried TheTechGuy's image, the original PKT Hyperion image etc, these play MKVs , but have lag, green screens, the Cool guide is as buggy as anything.

I even tried loading the PKT kernel with championc's filesystem. Unsurprisingly it wouldn't boot.

I need to find out what the PKT image has that championc's hasnt to play MKVs.

I have reported the MKV problem (also with AVI's) to the AR-P team and provided them with a crash Log so hopefully this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Having trouble waking the box up after standby, pressing the on button won't work and I have to physically switch the power switch on/off and do a full reboot of the box - using ChampionC's latest image

any ideas?

thanks

Kevin! wrote: »
    Having trouble waking the box up after standby, pressing the on button won't work and I have to physically switch the power switch on/off and do a full reboot of the box - using ChampionC's latest image

any ideas?

thanks

I have the same problem so it's not a fault with your box. It seems that after an extended period of time in Standby, it goes into Deep Sleep. I cannot find any way to keep it in Standby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I have the same problem so it's not a fault with your box. It seems that after an extended period of time in Standby, it goes into Deep Sleep. I cannot find any way to keep it in Standby.

No problems thanks champion, is it possible to wake it from a deep sleep using the remote or does it just have to be switched on and off? Thankd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement