Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I had nothing to backup though as I started fresh with this image.
    Can I copy oscam from a Triplex Box that I have?

I tried to follow a few guides last night, got errors in Putty when trying to install Oscam and re auto bouquets, the statements "place the files in the relevant folders".. well, I've no idea which folders were the relevant ones when connected via FTP.

I tried to maybe mirror the structure of my working GM Triplex Box but I couldn't find the files in it.

I realise I'm sounding extremely newbie here and I actually work in IT but my exposure to Linux is very limited and after spending the bones of two evenings at it I think I am finally beaten, hence I think looking for an image that somebody may have already installed those plugins for the GM Reloaded box may be my only option.

Use Filezilla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

championc wrote: »
    Did you try my image ?

Is that this one?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88231969#post88231969

Have tried a few from this thread, so maybe I'm confused, but a couple of them wouldn't boot on the Spark Reloaded box that I have (see updates from a few posts back).
    I will give this one another go tonight, you think it should work on my box?

Thanks.

Use Filezilla

I did for the FTP part, and Putty for the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I did for the FTP part, and Putty for the rest of it.

You can install plugins in filezilla by just dropping the folders in.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    You can install plugins in filezilla by just dropping the folders in.

Thanks, didn't realise it was that simple, no need for line by line commands in Putty then?
    Just drop it to the dir? Different folder specific to each plugin or do they all go to the same place?

• Advertisement

Thanks, didn't realise it was that simple, no need for line by line commands in Putty then?
    Just drop it to the dir? Different folder specific to each plugin or do they all go to the same place?

Usually plugins come in .ipk format, what you do is unzip them with 7zip on windows and open up the data folder inside. Copy the contents of data directly into the root of the box. Looks like this / (not the folder called root).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Gazedor wrote: »
    I have the same set up as yourself (alien 2 downstairs and dm500 upstairs) and yes it can effect it. I had to play around with the oscam settings to get it right, especially on AR-P, V3 was a little more straight forward. What image are you on?

Well I have just been using Spark to watch tv and a HDMU image from October 2013 to use TS Media. I tend to Use Spark most days and when I want to download anything I do it one day a week on HDMU using TS Media.

I would have thought that Spark was stable enough with Oscam but doesnt seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Remove the mounting line of sda1 from the fstab file on the box and mount the NAS what ever way you did it with HDMU
    So, I re flashed my backup image I made before I flashed your image. The nas bay was working straight away.

When I go into HDMU media centre there is a folder called upnp and inside that is the folder I have set up in the network mount, where I can watch my videos and play music from the NAS bay.

PKkR3L2

The pic above shows the settings.

I then reflashed your image and put in the exact same settings and still no joy :(

Could it be the media player plugin in your image?

I am at a loss now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

TheChevron wrote: »
    So, I re flashed my backup image I made before I flashed your image. The nas bay was working straight away.

When I go into HDMU media centre there is a folder called upnp and inside that is the folder I have set up in the network mount, where I can watch my videos and play music from the NAS bay.

PKkR3L2

The pic above shows the settings.

I then reflashed your image and put in the exact same settings and still no joy :(

Could it be the media player plugin in your image?

I am at a loss now.

So are you seeing your NAS share at all ? If not, you'll need to mount it I'm sure and what I'm saying is that you may need to remove the automounting for a USB HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Is that this one?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88231969#post88231969

Have tried a few from this thread, so maybe I'm confused, but a couple of them wouldn't boot on the Spark Reloaded box that I have (see updates from a few posts back).
    I will give this one another go tonight, you think it should work on my box?

Thanks.

Yes, this should work for all ST7162 based boxes

• Advertisement

So are you seeing your NAS share at all ? If not, you'll need to mount it I'm sure and what I'm saying is that you may need to remove the automounting for a USB HDD
    The NAS drive is showing up when i do a network search, as is my router. I have added the username and password here. This is where there is an option to expand and collapse each item, but nothing happens when you expand. You with me?

Then I go into network mount points and put in the settings, but the NAS drive does not show up in the media player plugin.

I still cant connect to the box from my laptop with OpenWebif. Would this be a factor?

Did you try my image ?

Tried your image just now and when booting it is stuck at the LOAD screen message. Is it not compatible with my box? GM Spark Reloaded?

1channel :
    1channel_fix_27.12.2013.zip

CoolTvGuide v7.0 :
    cooltvguide_Coolman_V7.0.0_all.zip

Autobouquets_e2 :
    autobouquets-e2_20131020-r1_all.zip.zip

TsMedia 4.9 beta2 (08/1/14): Download

AutoTimer :
    AutoTimer.zip

Yes, this should work for all ST7162 based boxes

Tried it twice I'm afraid and still stuck at the LOAD message. Could I be doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Tried it twice I'm afraid and still stuck at the LOAD message. Could I be doing something wrong?

Didn't someone say yesterday that all these backup images on boards.ie are not designed to work on the Spark Reloaded box? They are meant to work on satellite recievers that have a ST7162 chip but your Spark Reloaded box has a ST7111 chip.

Flex

Panny TV and LG Soundbar

Thanks Championc. What is the model number of that LG soundbar you have so I can google it? Would you recommend it?

Flex

Didn't someone say yesterday that all these backup images on boards.ie are not designed to work on the Spark Reloaded box? They are meant to work on satellite recievers that have a ST7162 chip but your Spark Reloaded box has a ST7111 chip.

Flex

Yes, they did, thank you, but based on the advice above I thought that's what that image was. Which brings me back to my original question, does anyone know where I could get a backup image that already has auto bouquets or even oscam already installed, that will work on my box. I tried one from the link below as suggested yesterday but that doesn't seem to want to boot for me either. http://info-sat.in/showthread.php?1891-Golden-media-spark-reloaded/page35

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

you should clarify up front the type of your box, you need alinen1 type image, AR-P one is not ready yet, there is a older version here https://code.google.com/p/tdt-amiko/downloads/list

zakalibit wrote: »
    you should clarify up front the type of your box, you need alinen1 type image, AR-P one is not ready yet, there is a older version here https://code.google.com/p/tdt-amiko/downloads/list

I did, but it was a few pages back. Thanks for the link, will give that a shot.

Yeah I use the NAS all over the house. Everything is downloaded to it and any device, even my phone, can access it.

How do I remove automounting?

Have you any idea why openwebif is not working?

Sorry for all the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yeah I use the NAS all over the house. Everything is downloaded to it and any device, even my phone, can access it.

How do I remove automounting?

Sorry for all the hassle.

Can you ping the ip of the box?

zakalibit wrote: »

Thanks again. Installed and up and running. Any idea what the default username and password are for FTP on this image, google not yielding any result for me.

Thanks again. Installed and up and running. Any idea what the default username and password are for FTP on this image, google not yielding any result for me.

Try username root, password openAR

Did you try what was suggested yesterday?
    Can you ping it from your pc ? Maybe set to dhcp and then static again.

Recently I was trying to install TSMedia and it broke my OpenWebIf but whenever OpenWebIf stops working for me usually a Network Restart solves it and/or turning DHCP ON then back OFF again. If you do a Network Test then it should tell you if all is well and what the new IP address of the box now is. All of this is available from the Network Menu. You could also do a reboot of the box and even restart your router first.

Flex

Recently I was trying to install TSMedia and it broke my OpenWebIf.

Flex

That explains why OpenWebIf broke on me the other day. At least now I know the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Recently I was trying to install TSMedia and it broke my OpenWebIf but whenever OpenWebIf stops working for me usually a Network Restart solves it and/or turning DHCP ON then back OFF again. If you do a Network Test then it should tell you if all is well and what the new IP address of the box now is. All of this is available from the Network Menu. You could also do a reboot of the box and even restart your router first.

Flex

If your box is getting a different IP through DHCP after a network restart you need to add a static IP outside the DHCP pool so it's always the same.

What kind of POS router have you? A router is supposed to cache the details for a while and give the box the same one again if you ask for it

Edit, ah, spotted you're rebooting the router, that would do it. Go static to solve this issue

That explains why OpenWebIf broke on me the other day. At least now I know the reason.

Was the contents of your OpenSSL folder over-written? I posted more about that and what I had to do back in November. Shame I can't get TSMedia to work right altho it sounds like the problem is not just with the plugin but with the servers that all the content is stored on.
    Edit, ah, spotted you're rebooting the router, that would do it. Go static to solve this issue

My scientific rational is that tech problems are often solved by simply turning things off and back on again. Switching DHCP on then off again would make the router give a new IP address to the Alien 2 altho for all I know maybe that's not necessary.. possibly a network restart would be enough to solve many OpenWebIf connection problems.

Flex

Was the contents of your OpenSSL folder over-written? I posted more about that and what I had to do back in November. Shame I can't get TSMedia to work right altho it sounds like the problem is not just with the plugin but with the servers that all the content is stored on.

Flex

The gstreamer problem seems to be fixed in 4.9 beta2 but yeah most links seem to be dead. The latest version of 1channel doesn't seem to have as many dead links and works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

using the latest championc ARP image, it seems to green screen with an error relating to 'Permanent Timeshift Plugin' every time I put the box into standby - any idea what might be causing this or how to resolve?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

1channel :
    1channel_fix_27.12.2013.zip

CoolTvGuide v7.0 :
    cooltvguide_Coolman_V7.0.0_all.zip

Autobouquets_e2 :
    autobouquets-e2_20131020-r1_all.zip.zip

TsMedia 4.9 beta2 (08/1/14): Download

AutoTimer :