Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Kevin! wrote: »
    No problems thanks champion, is it possible to wake it from a deep sleep using the remote or does it just have to be switched on and off? Thankd

Sometimes it works from Temote, sometimes not

Just a suggestion for all of you having issues with scanning saorview. Can I suggest deleting the complete LAMEDB file and just re-scanning both terrestrial and satellite from scratch. I just wonder when you do a scan and say Clear = Yes, that maybe this is not quite working correctly.

So try the following from your PC / Laptop

C:\telnet box_ip (or use Putty)

At the spark7162:~# prompt, type

rm /etc/enigma2/lamedb

Maybe someone can try this and let us know. Fingers crossed eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

championc wrote: »
    Just a suggestion for all of you having issues with scanning saorview. Can I suggest deleting the complete LAMEDB file and just re-scanning both terrestrial and satellite from scratch. I just wonder when you do a scan and say Clear = Yes, that maybe this is not quite working correctly.

rm /etc/enigma2/lamedb

This worked. This is a lovely image, very fast channel changes

My only issue is that I get green screens when I press menu to configure CoolTVGuide, might relaod by backup and copy in the config

This worked. This is a lovely image, very fast channel changes

My only issue is that I get green screens when I press menu to configure CoolTVGuide, might relaod by backup and copy in the config

Access the CoolTVGuide menu from the Plugins list rather than from within the EPG

Good to know that we might finally have an explanation for those unable to re-scan saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andrewjames

hi guys me again, im a newbie to all this so please bear with me....

my kids turned off my box at the switch and since then i cant record or watch my recordings ??

i got it back before but cant now..its an external hdd on its own power..

i tried mounting it and enableing auto mount etc...but just cant get it...
    if i press record its says hdd not initialized....i cant see movies when i go into hdd manager, but sometimes when i mount it it says "hdd detected 640gb"
    but still cant record or watch recordings...

can anyone pls help me ??

also can this be prevented if power gets turned off again ??

regards,

andrew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Looking to upgrade one of my other tvs to a cheaper version of alien/triplex satallite terrestrial combo.

Must be: Budget price. run a softcam, HD.
    decent remote functionality. decent TV guide (full day).

Idealy I would like a alien single sat & terrestrial tuner running E2 or spark but don't think there's 1 out there for a budget price (80 or 90 E), any ideas please recommend.

What about an Equiso (HDMI Android Stick) ? I run Dreamdroid on one and have VLC installed on it too, so it just streams from the Amiko. So rather than a fancy second TV, all you need is a TV with HDMI ports.

TV's with widgets are a waste of time. It's more important to have HDMI's for other connectivity.

Access the CoolTVGuide menu from the Plugins list rather than from within the EPG

Good to know that we might finally have an explanation for those unable to re-scan saorview

Now the latest problem I have is with Autobouquets, it doesn't number the channels correctly in the bouquets. I input the channel number the correct one comes up, like 401 opens SSports 1, but the channel is numbered different in the listing and I cannot turn it off

How do you go forward 24hrs in CoolTVGuide?....figured it, numpad 9 does it

Sadly I've not got a backup, I ran the Spark plugin but it went through the motions and didn't create the backup so now I'm stuck with this with a few show stoppers

AutoBouquest is the NEW version which takes only a minute to run so maybe the developer changed the way other stuff in it works. Check out his forum at www.ukcvs.net - thread http://www.ukcvs.net/forum/showthread.php?29323-AutoBouquet-E2-28-2E

I wonder can we change the keys in CoilTVGuide via the keymap.xml file ? What key previously did the + 24 hrs ?

AutoBouquest is the NEW version which takes only a minute to run so maybe the developer changed the way other stuff in it works. Check out his forum at www.ukcvs.net - thread http://www.ukcvs.net/forum/showthread.php?29323-AutoBouquet-E2-28-2E

I wonder can we change the keys in CoilTVGuide via the keymap.xml file ? What key previously did the + 24 hrs ?

I think it's more how the image handles the numbers, for instance, I cannot turn them off completely like I could in hyperion and others

Prev and Next did + and - 24 hrs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

rm /etc/enigma2/lamedb

Is anyone trying this fix? If not I'll give it a go tonight.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Is anyone trying this fix? If not I'll give it a go tonight.

Yeah it worked for me

The keymap to fix the +24 hrs in CoolTVGuide is here, upload it as it is to /usr/share/enigma2 and set it in menu-->setup->system->keymap

Right another bug overcome, CrossEPG keeps defaulting back to internal storage after a reboot. Pog described how to fix this, edit the first line of the crossepg.config file in /var/crossepg and then change the file to read only (chmod 444)

db_root=/hdd/media/crossepg

This is close to the perfect image now, it's faster than all the others, channel changes are very snappy, even on Saorview, web interface runs smoother and doesn't show the spinner on screen when opening. Same with recordings using the second tuner, the box handles recordings flawlessly in the background, no slowdowns or spinner when flicking through channels when recording in progress. I've also got audio over SPDIF working perfect with the modded audio.elf file.

The next bug is that pressing power on the remote green screens the box, had to go to deep standby in software

The next bug is that pressing power on the remote green screens the box, had to go to deep standby in software

I had that before, think multiquickbutton was causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andrewjames

any thoughts on my last question regarding hdd not initializing after power was switched off on box

hi guys me again, im a newbie to all this so please bear with me....

my kids turned off my box at the switch and since then i cant record or watch my recordings ??

i got it back before but cant now..its an external hdd on its own power..

i tried mounting it and enableing auto mount etc...but just cant get it...
    if i press record its says hdd not initialized....i cant see movies when i go into hdd manager, but sometimes when i mount it it says "hdd detected 640gb"
    but still cant record or watch recordings...

can anyone pls help me ??

also can this be prevented if power gets turned off again ??

regards,

andrew

Not on front of the box now but if you go into menu-system-harddisk-initialisation is in here. couldn't do any harm running that.

any thoughts on my last question regarding hdd not initializing after power was switched off on box

What Image are you running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

I made a set (see attached) using Lyngsat and a bit of googling and a Picon Creator program smee linked a few weeks back. I just couldn't find an RTE 1+1 logo anywhere. The picons have no borders.

Flex

Hi,
    Just wondering what folder I put the saorview picons into? Thanks

• Advertisement

aireng wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering what folder I put the saorview picons into? Thanks

/usr/local/share/enigma2/picon/

Yeah it worked for me

Can you talk me through exactly what you did as i deleted the file and done a complete terrestrial scan but still the problem persists. When i try to do an auto scan it green screens.

Also is rte player working on this image for anybody? I can open it but once I select a video it green screens

I'm using this version.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Can you talk me through exactly what you did as i deleted the file and done a complete terrestrial scan but still the problem persists. When i try to do an auto scan it green screens.

Also is rte player working on this image for anybody? I can open it but once I select a video it green screens

I'm using this version.

I removed the lamedb then did a manual single transponder scan on the two frequencies with the bandwidth set to 8mhz.
    Find the channels your mast uses here: http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/
    Then you can find your frequencies here: http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/tuning-saorview/

I removed the lamedb then did a manual single transponder scan on the two frequencies with the bandwidth set to 8mhz.
    Find the channels your mast uses here: http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/
    Then you can find your frequencies here: http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/tuning-saorview/

Still not working, looks like it back to hyperion for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Where do I scan for the Irish stations ?

I only had a sat input plugged in when setting up the box but I cant seem to find where to scan the Saorview stations

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Download and install DreamboxEdit to your PC or else, when in a Bouquet, press Menu and go from there

I downloaded DreamboxEdit to my PC, entered my IP address, did the Test IP and got a message ''Successfully connected to the Dreambox on IP address xxxxx''. When I try to receive files from Box, I get an error message ''Could not connect to Dreambox. Check IP address, network settings and status of Dreambox. I am a newbie to all this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

cyndale wrote: »
    I downloaded DreamboxEdit to my PC, entered my IP address, did the Test IP and got a message ''Successfully connected to the Dreambox on IP address xxxxx''. When I try to receive files from Box, I get an error message ''Could not connect to Dreambox. Check IP address, network settings and status of Dreambox. I am a newbie to all this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Test the username and password. Bet you have one of these wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭joebre

Tried Google but no result !
    Have single Sat. feed to Amiko Alien2 and connected by HDMI to main TV.
    Want to connect to another room for occasional use.
    Using a Triax Tri Link to control box as it is hidden out of sight.
    Ran RF1 out through Triax which is meant to modulate signal to other room.
    Had sound but no picture.
    Can anybody help ?

joebre wrote: »
    Tried Google but no result !
    Have single Sat. feed to Amiko Alien2 and connected by HDMI to main TV.
    Want to connect to another room for occasional use.
    Using a Triax Tri Link to control box as it is hidden out of sight.
    Ran RF1 out through Triax which is meant to modulate signal to other room.
    Had sound but no picture.
    Can anybody help ?

This box doesn't have RF out, antenna loopthrough only, you'll need to connect scart to the trilink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Test the username and password. Bet you have one of these wrong

I downloaded ChampionC's AR-P image and this was the info supplied in the post.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80) - change it in Plugins and turn On OpenWebIf if you prefer it to WebInterface (or use both but make sure the port numbers are not the same)

I have put username as root and left password blank!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement