Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gazzer wrote: »
    Can you download at all in TSMedia from your image or is it hit and miss? TBH that is what I use my Amiko for most of the time now.

Tbh I almost never use it so I'll have to check the current state of it tonight. I know when I updated to 4.8 I was still getting the same error on lots of videos, YouTube and a few other bits worked fine. I'll check how widespread the errors on video playback are tonight.

If anyone has an old version of tsmedia that fully works could you let me know which version?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

TheChevron wrote: »
    Is there any way to watch videos from my NAS drive using Championc latest AR-P image?

If your NAS drive is set up correctly then shouldn't you be able to browse its contents from anywhere on your home network?

If you specifically want to watch movies through the television connected to your Alien 2 then... I have never tried to but apparently NAS drives can be mounted on an enigma2 image. Try seaching this thread or googling a bit. Once the drive is visible to your Alien2 you could then play whatever is on it.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

championc wrote: »
    Well swap over the lines or boxes to check

Did that and its the same freezing issue with the amiko (the dreambox is working as normal with the other line) so it is not the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

If your NAS drive is set up correctly then shouldn't you be able to browse its contents from anywhere on your home network?

If you specifically want to watch movies through the television connected to your Alien 2 then... I have never tried to but apparently NAS drives can be mounted on an enigma2 image. Try seaching this thread or googling a bit. Once the drive is visible to your Alien2 you could then play whatever is on it.

Flex
    Yeah, its the setting up. I had it working on the last image hdmu. I went ahead and loaded the Championc latest backup and I cant get the nas mounted now. Am I right in thinking it should show up in the media player if its correctly mounted?

Also, I cant get openwebif to work. I have it enabled on the box, and Im typing in the address of the box in my browser but Im just getting an invalid address error. Is there something else I should be doing?

By the way, this is a great thread. I was using satstation until it stopped supporting enigma2 images.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Tbh I almost never use it so I'll have to check the current state of it tonight. I know when I updated to 4.8 I was still getting the same error on lots of videos, YouTube and a few other bits worked fine. I'll check how widespread the errors on video playback are tonight.

If anyone has an old version of tsmedia that fully works could you let me know which version?

I think tsmedia is usually dodgy but I have 2.8 installed. Its not 100% stable, navigating thru the pages too quickly it locks up and you have to reboot the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yeah, its the setting up. I had it working on the last image hdmu. I went ahead and loaded the Championc latest backup and I cant get the nas mounted now. Am I right in thinking it should show up in the media player if its correctly mounted?

Also, I cant get openwebif to work. I have it enabled on the box, and Im typing in the address of the box in my browser but Im just getting an invalid address error. Is there something else I should be doing?

By the way, this is a great thread. I was using satstation until it stopped supporting enigma2 images.

Can you ping the ip of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I think he used the new cool tv 7.0 in his latest image which may not be as stable just yet. I downloaded 7.0 today and did a couple of searches no problem. I'm on Hyperion v3 though so perhaps it works better on this image.

I will probably go back to V3 on the weekend. The AR-P is pretty good and I could live without the Cool search but I'm getting audio & sync problems playing mp4 films that were playing ok on V3. Pity theres no definitive image yet without some sort of miner issues, eg V3 recording issues, AR-P issues above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Also, I cant get openwebif to work. I have it enabled on the box, and I'm typing in the address of the box in my browser but Im just getting an invalid address error. Is there something else I should be doing?

Remove the mounting line of sda1 from the fstab file on the box and mount the NAS what ever way you did it with HDMU

I will probably go back to V3 on the weekend. The AR-P is pretty good and I could live without the Cool search but I'm getting audio & sync problems playing mp4 films that were playing ok on V3. Pity theres no definitive image yet without some sort of miner issues, eg V3 recording issues, AR-P issues above.

Have you your box connected directly to an Amp ? If so, search google for audio.elf to fix the problem.

I have my box direct to the tv and then the tv to the soundbar so everything is perfect.

Have you your box connected directly to an Amp ? If so, search google for audio.elf to fix the problem.

I have my box direct to the tv and then the tv to the soundbar so everything is perfect.

• Advertisement

Also, I cant get openwebif to work. I have it enabled on the box, and I'm typing in the address of the box in my browser but Im just getting an invalid address error. Is there something else I should be doing?

Remove the mounting line of sda1 from the fstab file on the box and mount the NAS what ever way you did it with HDMU

Hi there,

I dont really know how to do what you just said. Sounds good though if you could talk me through it.

Liking your backup though. Very stable. :)

The thing is I used the media player to watch vids on my NAS a lot and it would be a big thing not to get it working.

Any ideas why openwebif is not working

Im typing the adddress of my box into the browser: http://192.168.1.200/

Im just getting an error:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.200

Try reloading: 192.­168.­1.­200

I made a backup of my last image before i loaded this one. If i reload that image, will the nas still be mounted?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Any ideas why openwebif is not working

Im typing the adddress of my box into the browser: http://192.168.1.200/

Im just getting an error:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.200

Try reloading: 192.­168.­1.­200

Do you not need to type in the port after ward

for example

192.168.1.200:0080 Not sure if your port is 80 but you can check in openweb on the box

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is there a single place like an app store for Enigma2 or is a search the web affair to try and piece together your own mod of an image ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

for example

192.168.1.200:0080 Not sure if your port is 80 but you can check in openweb on the box

No, the default port for http is port 80, 192.168.1.1:80 is identical to 192.168.1.1

for example

Tried that. No joy.

I have a static ip set to the box. Would this be a problem?

Tried that. No joy.

I have a static ip set to the box. Would this be a problem?

No, open the webif/webinterface plugin (whichever you're using) and check what port it's using

Can you ping it from your pc ? Maybe set to dhcp and then static again. Sounds like it hasn't saved it properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Gazedor

Is there a single place like an app store for Enigma2 or is a search the web affair to try and piece together your own mod of an image ?

You'll find a good few of them at this link http://extra.sat-universum.de/2.7/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gazedor

gazzer wrote: »
    I may have asked this before but can using a different version of oscam affect the quality of the channel or should I use something other than Oscam?

I ask because on both Spark and Enigma I am constantly getting channels freezing. It is getting to the stage that I cant record anything. I use oscam for my line.

However I have a Dreambox 500S upstairs in my bedroom using cccam and that works perfectly using a line I got from the same place as the one I use for the Amiko.

I have the same set up as yourself (alien 2 downstairs and dm500 upstairs) and yes it can effect it. I had to play around with the oscam settings to get it right, especially on AR-P, V3 was a little more straight forward. What image are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Gazedor wrote: »
    I have the same set up as yourself (alien 2 downstairs and dm500 upstairs) and yes it can effect it. I had to play around with the oscam settings to get it right, especially on AR-P, V3 was a little more straight forward. What image are you on?

what sort of messing had you to do with the oscam to get it right? mines kinda 50/50,when it's good it's good and whne it has a bad day it just freezes solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

What make of soundbar do you have Championc? I want to get a new TV and I don't want to spend a lot on extra speakers but any LED TVs I've heard in the €350 - €500 price range sound terrible on their own.

Flex

Thanks.

Does anyone have a working image, or could point me in the right direction?

I have one running on a Sab unix f plus solo which is on the same chipset , it's not the finished article yet but can send it on and you can polish it off yourself

What make of soundbar do you have Championc? I want to get a new TV and I don't want to spend a lot on extra speakers but any LED TVs I've heard in the €350 - €500 price range sound terrible on their own.

Flex

Panny TV and LG Soundbar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Thanks for the help yesterday.
    I finally got my GM Spark Reloaded to boot with an image last night, used a Pkt GM990 7162 Hyperion v3 image.

I struggled for a couple of hours to get auto bouquets installed and the same with oscam, does anyone know if it's possible to pickup an image or a backup with these already installed. I thought myself quite technical until I failed miserably at this the last two nights...

I finally got my GM Spark Reloaded to boot with an image last night, used a Pkt GM990 7162 Hyperion v3 image.

I struggled for a couple of hours to get auto bouquets installed and the same with oscam, does anyone know if it's possible to pickup an image or a backup with these already installed. I thought myself quite technical until I failed miserably at this the last two nights...

For Oscam it's easy to backup /var/keys before you flash. I've done this on a few images, then you just copy it across and activate Oscam on the new image. For Autobouquets get the latest October one here (sh4 is the one you want)
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-UKCvS-AutoBouquets-E2-by-LraiZer-BETA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

For Oscam it's easy to backup /var/keys before you flash. I've done this on a few images, then you just copy it across and activate Oscam on the new image. For Autobouquets get the latest October one here (sh4 is the one you want)
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-UKCvS-AutoBouquets-E2-by-LraiZer-BETA

I had nothing to backup though as I started fresh with this image.
    Can I copy oscam from a Triplex Box that I have?

I tried to follow a few guides last night, got errors in Putty when trying to install Oscam and re auto bouquets, the statements "place the files in the relevant folders".. well, I've no idea which folders were the relevant ones when connected via FTP.

I tried to maybe mirror the structure of my working GM Triplex Box but I couldn't find the files in it.

I realise I'm sounding extremely newbie here and I actually work in IT but my exposure to Linux is very limited and after spending the bones of two evenings at it I think I am finally beaten, hence I think looking for an image that somebody may have already installed those plugins for the GM Reloaded box may be my only option.

• Advertisement

Did you try my image ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement