Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orange provocation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Show Time wrote: »
    Is that the shower who had the big fat orange p***k belting a drum like a happy spaz last week?

Tis indeed. They were limited to hymns, so they belted the drums like they were on the warpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I think people are far too accomodating to these bigots to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Which set of Bigots are we talking about, reading through the thread there certainly seems to be no shortage of bigotry on the anti anything not republican side

Slurryface wrote: »
    steddyeddy wrote: »
    Which set of Bigots are we talking about, reading through the thread there certainly seems to be no shortage of bigotry on the anti anything not republican side

I refer to the oo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Thought it was nice to see them honour the serial killer Edward McIlwaine on one of the platforms for the covenant celebration. That's right, one of the Shankill butchers on show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Nodin wrote: »
    Tis indeed. They were limited to hymns, so they belted the drums like they were on the warpath.
    Sad laughable creatures the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

All the bigotry on both sides makes me sick. I live in Clare, my husband is English. The first time he came to Ireland, literally the 2nd day he was here, he went up to the bar to get us a drink. Some old Northern c@nt said ' if I was 20 years younger I'd f@cking shoot you dead'. WTF?:confused:

That piece of filth came running down south with his tail between his legs decades ago, a local drunk propping up the bar. Fighting his war south of the border by venting his spleen on innocent tourists. Brave, brave men those lads.

What a terrible shame he didn't stay up north and get shot in his big fat mouth. I hope he dies screaming.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

All the bigotry on both sides makes me sick. I live in Clare, my husband is English. The first time he came to Ireland, literally the 2nd day he was here, he went up to the bar to get us a drink. Some old Northern c@nt said ' if I was 20 years younger I'd f@cking shoot you dead'. WTF?:confused:

That piece of filth came running down south with his tail between his legs decades ago, a local drunk propping up the bar. Fighting his war south of the border by venting his spleen on innocent tourists. Brave, brave men those lads.

What a terrible shame he didn't stay up north and get shot in his big fat mouth. I hope he dies screaming.:mad:
    This "both sides are as bad as each other" nonsense gets on my nerves, big difference between some drunk guy in a pub and the carry on unionists get up to

SINDO has a lot to answer for, promulgating this nonsense, served its purpose though let southerners sit on their high horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

This "both sides are as bad as each other" nonsense gets on my nerves, big difference between some drunk guy in a pub and the carry on unionists get up to

SINDO has a lot to answer for, promulgating this nonsense, served its purpose though let southerners sit on their high horse

Its your sort of attitude that leads me to not give a monkeys if ye kill each other, just keep the vitriol up North. We don't want or need it down south. I've said my piece, enjoy your imaginary war.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Your husband should have given him a boot up the hole. If he's not the fighting type he should have went to the cops and told them he was being harassed.

Regardless, one bad experience with a drooler at a bar is not indicative of a population.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

[Quote=Fenian Army;81038739What a terrible shame he didn't stay up north and get shot in his big fat mouth. I hope he dies screaming.:mad:This "both sides are as bad as each other" nonsense gets on my nerves, big difference between some drunk guy in a pub and the carry on unionists get up to
    Quote]

Was it unionists who pulled out guns in Dublin at a funeral, that is not how society should act

Winty wrote: »
    Was it unionists who pulled out guns in Dublin at a funeral, that is not how society should act

That was condemned by every political party including SF. When so called 'loyalists' act like a bunch of animals their behaviour is downplayed by the DUP (the largest Unionist political party) and described as 'frustration'.

Yep, frustration. They're frustrated that they can't act like a bunch of sectarian cretins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

That was condemned by every political party including SF. When so called 'loyalists' act like a bunch of animals their behaviour is downplayed by the DUP (the largest Unionist political party) and described as 'frustration'.

Yep, frustration. They're frustrated that they can't act like a bunch of sectarian cretins.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15832376

Attitudes like that led loyalists to murder Gerard Lawlor , and to smash up his memorial two days ago.

Its your sort of attitude that leads me to not give a monkeys if ye kill each other, just keep the vitriol up North. We don't want or need it down south. I've said my piece, enjoy your imaginary war.:rolleyes:

Sorry but thats extremely easy for you to say. Your husband got threathened. Many who have posted here have lost family and friends over this. My uncle was one of first of the civil rights organisers (michael mcloughlin if anyone wants to check, heres a copy of the ruc officers report detailing his submission to march on civil rights). Anyway a couple of friends of his were a protestent-catholic couple and they were mutilated by knuckle draggers like these because they went to the wrong party. When people up the north were discrimnated because of their religion a lot of people in the south held your attitude and that reaped whirlwinds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15832376

Attitudes like that led loyalists to murder Gerard Lawlor , and to smash up his memorial two days ago.

Dinosaurs.

Thanks for the link Fenian army. This stood out in particular
    The book also notes that nine out of 10 Orangemen think Protestants are discriminated against.

Heres why it stood out for me. As I said my uncle was involved in civil rights marchs with protestents and catholics. The protestents that marched with him were threathened and called fenians. The OO thugs threathened them also and many of them left the north to live in the south. Including some protestent members of my family. Just like the northern part of the country was gerry mendered the oo gerry mandered a lot of the protestent population and anyone who didnt represent their bigoted views wasnt a real protestent. I find it insulting to think that these people represent protestents in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The obvious solution to this, if you're a catholic, is to clap, cheer and/or dance when one of these marches rolls on in. Treat them like a mini parade.

They'll get so confused they'll probably have to stop.

Or start a mass irish dance session as they pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

karma_ wrote: »
    Thought it was nice to see them honour the serial killer Edward McIlwaine on one of the platforms for the covenant celebration. That's right, one of the Shankill butchers on show.

Not even Nick Griffin would do that. Imagine being worse than Nick Griffin :o Those marches attract some dregs and scummers. OO and BNP two cheeks of the same arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

karma_ wrote: »
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Lol wut, implying he is a coward because he is from the north and lives down here? have you forgotten the south abandoned its people up north to the brutality of the Brits? standing buy while unionist mobs killed Irish people in their homes... im ashamed of our government and people like you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

jugger0 wrote: »
    Lol wut, implying he is a coward because he is from the north and lives down here? have you forgotten the south abandoned its people up north to the brutality of the Brits? standing buy while unionist mobs killed Irish people in their homes... im ashamed of our government and people like you.

They did send the Army to the border to be fair...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

These people call themselves loyalists
    Who are they loyal to ?
    The royal family couldent keep their future queens tits out of the papers .
    They need a quick update on their "situation"
    A march through the streets of Kabul might test their loyalty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

jugger0 wrote: »
    i dont think the south treated its protestants that well itself,from a free state protestant population of 27% in 1920, its down to only 5% today ,and thats not by accident,yet the catholic population in the north has increased,dont know why that is ,because if i was a catholic living in the north ,i would pay my two euro bus fare,and head for the promised land.

Who are they loyal to ?
    And leading lights in Sinn Fein allegedly couldn't help raping their own daughters!
    And your point is exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

And leading lights in Sinn Fein allegedly couldn't help raping their own daughters!

An individual trangreesed, an organization apologized, no story here folks!

Who are they loyal to ?

And jimmy savile was a naughty boy
    But this thread isint about him

Jim'll fix it
    Or
    The Adams family
    Is it ?

Jim'll fix it
    Or
    The Adams family
    Is it ?
    Nor is about comparing Unionism / Loyalism with pictures (illegally taken)of a young woman on holiday in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Was your husband taking responsibility for the people in England who put out signs saying 'No Dogs, No Irish'?
    Because if he wasn't then a drunk mouthing off in a bar in Clare is hardly the responsibility of SF or the IRA nor is he representative of sober and committed republican citizens.
    The idiocy and feigned victimhood of some of our English visitors is already legendary and laughable, your story is just another contribution to that long list!

Jim'll fix it
    Or
    The Adams family
    Is it ?
    Nor is about comparing Unionism / Loyalism with pictures (illegally taken)of a young woman on holiday in France.

Sarcasm not ur forte ?

What were u suggesting earlier
    Where they protesting about Sinn Fein ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

getz wrote: »
    i dont think the south treated its protestants that well itself,from a free state protestant population of 27% in 1920, its down to only 5% today ,and thats not by accident,yet the catholic population in the north has increased,dont know why that is ,because if i was a catholic living in the north ,i would pay my two euro bus fare,and head for the promised land.

Catholics share parity of esteem, equal oppurtunities, and power in the North now, because of the efforts of some or had that escaped your attention?
    Protestants always had that in the South; where even allowed to and got funding for a distinct and separate education system, and had the unfettered ability to rise to the top-politically (and frequently did) and in all strands of life. Their decline is down to other reasons and not any directed or official policy of discrimination.

Advertisement