Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sparks43 wrote: »
    When yore ma goes into a bar all the guys gather around her.

Its not her looks though

Its Gravity

My mother's a saint!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Achilles wrote: »
    My mother's a saint!

Saint Bernard.

No offence to mom's intended :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hang on one second lads...

popcorn.jpg?ea6e46

...okay, continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

My mother's a saint!

Agreed

St McDonalds

:D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hang on one second lads...

popcorn.jpg?ea6e46

...okay, continue!
    Here you my mother looks nothing like popcorn!

• Advertisement

Here you my mother looks nothing like popcorn!

What about when she has butter spread all over her :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

WTF!!!

Eh, retro, computers, games etc.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last jump of the game i went splat :o

Going to beat it today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Just after beating the first 2 levels of Dk crash course on the wiiu an i have to go through them again to get to the 3rd level:mad:
    one of my favourite GGs videos is the last part of them playing DK Crash (crying laughing again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they reminded me of this guy

• Advertisement

If anyone has a Nico Nico account (you need it to view anything on there afaik), found this video on twitter of music, Retro said it's something to do with the soundchips (you know how I am on these things)
    e12f8d74.jpg
    or try this link should work without an account - http://nicosound.anyap.info/nicothumb.aspx?v=sm19831733

there's a similar video but it's a different song http://news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/0104/kot_130104_3757048419.html)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,878 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah he is using game carts with special sound chips built into them, it's pretty cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So...
    Where is a chap to find a Bubble Bobble pcb?
    And what do they sell for these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I impressed a girl the other day by showing her photos of that time we cleared Bubble Bobble at Retr0's place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Think thats an expensive pcb to buy isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    I impressed a girl the other day by showing her photos of that time we cleared Bubble Bobble at Retr0's place.

untitled.jpeg

I impressed a girl the other day by showing her photos of that time Sparks cleared Bubble Bobble at Retr0's place.

Fixed :)

Pffft... Details... I'm sure I helped out on at least one level by saying something supportive.

HSc0I.jpg

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So...

Hard to find and crazy expensive. I suggest you think of another game to buy!

And its done

All 4 levels of Dk Crash course beaten

Im loving the WiiU so much at the moment can't wait for e3 to see what new games are on the way.

Zelda please ninty

• Advertisement

I impressed a girl the other day by showing her photos of that time Sparks cleared Bubble Bobble at Retr0's place.
    thought it started off I was helping and then did an Augmerson by falling asleep a few times and it was done
    Pffft... Details... I'm sure I helped out on at least one level by saying something supportive.
    We cleared something there one time on Retr0's ... but can't remember ... I'd to hit the monkeys for you
    should have gotten a photo of that anyway whatever it was

Sera wrote: »
    thought it started off I was helping and then did an Augmerson by falling asleep a few times and it was done
    We cleared something there one time on Retr0's ... but can't remember ... I'd to hit the monkeys for you
    should have gotten a photo of that anyway whatever it was

Are you sure that isn't a dream you had after falling asleep?

Are you sure that isn't a dream you had after falling asleep?
    No honestly, it was like the first or second beers I went to afaik, think it was the same night something happened with the X Arcade, not sure

Master of the Universe

Something happened with the X Arcade? You're not talking about the hooker who tried to get some work out of me, Retr0 and Dinorex on the way back from Augmersons are you? (that's what we get for going to a beers on Lesson street)

I can assure you that nothing funny happened with the X Arcade on that walk home. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So...

I paid about €200 inc shipping for mine last year, put a wanted thread on jammaplus and got loads of pms, mostly in the region of €200-300 for original taito.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Something happened with the X Arcade? You're not talking about the hooker who tried to get some work out of me, Retr0 and Dinorex on the way back from Augmersons are you? (that's what we get for going to a beers on Lesson street)

I can assure you that nothing funny happened with the X Arcade on that walk home. :pac:

First time in a long time that somebody wanted to fiddle with your joystick eh? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

First time in a long time that somebody wanted to fiddle with your joystick eh? :P

Unfortunately, she wasn't set to free play............

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sera wrote: »
    falling asleep a few times and it was done

That's how I finished the final boss in MGS4!
    I dozed off about 3 times and opened my eyes to find I had completed the game!
    Says a lot about the sophisticated gameplay of the title when someone randomly hitting a button whilst drooling can overcome it...
    Actually, that also reminds me of Streets of Rage players..... (come on now, it's been ages since I commented on that franchise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sleeps of Rage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hmv appears to be in trouble. If it goes that means the only place left to buy new games in a bricks and mortar really is GameStop =\ a worrying thought indeed!

http://m.rte.ie/news/touch//2013/0115/hmv-administration-business.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement