Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I will when I'm sober

In other news the hot Asian girl in the pub left real early! What up with that? How dare she!!!

Follow her home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Follow her home.

Do the creep!

No she got a bus and I don't do buses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

News just in of a drunk retro gamer being arrested after following a local pensioner home, making sexual advances and insisting she was Asian. The pensioner had played along until, following coitus, the retro gamer had become agitated as he looked for a bottle of rum and overturned the front room. The retro gamer, now named as Atavan Halen, had a statement released via his solicitor who said, regarding the sex, "Still Counts!" and fist punched the air....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    News just in of a drunk retro gamer being arrested after following a local pensioner home, making sexual advances and insisting she was Asian. The pensioner had played along until, following coitus, the retro gamer had become agitated as he looked for a bottle of rum and overturned the front room. The retro gamer, now named as Atavan Halen, had a statement released via his solicitor who said, regarding the sex, "Still Counts!" and fist punched the air....

#YOLO.

Happiest of birthdays to the lovely ciderman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

does the n64 require a memory card controller pak
    some games dont seem to work/save without one
    i assumed the games had an internal memory with a battery ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It depends on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    regarding the sex, "Still Counts!" and fist punched the air....
    3923-jontron-success.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Do you lads (and possibly lasses) know anything about sorting the Wifi on the original DS? I wanna see if I can battle my sister's Charizard from Galway to Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,554 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

From what I remember, it doesn't support WPA and only WEP. I might be wrong though, it's been ages now since I've used one.

• Advertisement

Yep, it only supports WEP so you'll have to change that in your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Or set up a secondary virtual wireless network if your router supports it.
    That way you can have nasty crappy WEP encryption on that without putting your real network at risk. That's what I did to allow some older equipment gain internet access safely.

Deadly stuff. I understood none of that, but I'll try it out. Thanks, folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Or set up a secondary virtual wireless network if your router supports it.
    That way you can have nasty crappy WEP encryption on that without putting your real network at risk. That's what I did to allow some older equipment gain internet access safely.

This sounds delicious. investigating now :pac:

Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Had to laugh at this poor lad who had to display his prize in the rage, why so sad?
    400051_532535676766265_2089206529_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He got the game in a FB competition, part of his winning answer or whatever was to collect his prize dressed as a bunny, and they made him keep to his promise!
    Not sure why he was so glum, perhaps he thought it was going to include the box, manual and map?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

236200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

What's the story with his trousers/shoes.

Is that a onesie he is wearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

that's an old pic, here he is now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

deathrider wrote: »
    Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3!!!
    Still beat your high score before the demons invaded.

Master of the Universe

Wait a minute, that's not a rabbit ear...real identity discovered!!!

link_zps7bdffc29.jpg

Master of the Universe

Posted on their FB page... :pac:

He reminds me of an Ooccoo:

Ooccoo.jpg

Also:

idiot-nerd-girl-meme-generator-omg-i-love-zelda-weird-name-for-a-boy-though-273503.jpg

Not really retro but is somewhat retro related.
    Anyone know the laws/rules in shipping liquid plastic resin into Ireland from the US? It's used in 3D printing and my next 3D printer will probably use it so I need to do some research on the consumable side of things.

This is the printer:
    http://formlabs.com/

It will be used much the same as my current Makerbot Replicator (arcade and console/computer parts as well as lots more as those of you I've printed stuff for will know) except the finished product will be a lot sharper and higher resolution so will look closer to the real thing (as in parts you cant really buy any more).

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also:

idiot-nerd-girl-meme-generator-omg-i-love-zelda-weird-name-for-a-boy-though-273503.jpg
    Sera? You got some 'splainin' to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sera? You got some 'splainin' to do.
    MioKOsYukko.gif

Sera wrote: »
    MioKOsYukko.gif
    Heh. Your annie-may characters aren't the only ones who can do physics defying wrestling moves.

300px-Wrestling.gif

• Advertisement

What are peoples thoughts on the airflow solution on these shelves?
    http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2011/03/09/awesome-cabinet-for-a-gaming-geek/

cabinet_for_gaming_geek_02-465x620.jpgcabinet_for_gaming_geek_07-465x620.jpg

A bit tacky but something similar could be done to many an IKEA storage unit and keep it a bit more low key.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement