Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

I hear Sligo motel installed on Pearse Road - anyone know when it'll be fully functional?? - xmas is coming........:eek:

I thought it was to be installed at Mullens on the Bundoran road :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Tried to order a dress from French Connection yesterday, they contacted me today to say they would not sent it to the Parcel Motel address :( sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

What happens to an order Parcel Motel receive if there's no credit on the customers account. I ordered two items from one supplier so credited my account for one stay but I only received one item. If the other item is sent separately will Parcel Motel give me the option to top up rather than returning my order ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Karen23 wrote: »
    What happens to an order Parcel Motel receive if there's no credit on the customers account. I ordered two items from one supplier so credited my account for one stay but I only received one item. If the other item is sent separately will Parcel Motel give me the option to top up rather than returning my order ?

We'll text you when your parcel arrives and give you the chance to top up.

5500 wrote: »
    Any idea of the delivery schedule over christmas Orla? Ie when delivery's will stop and resume to the motels?

We'll be sending out details of this to all our customers tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi Orla

I just went online to buy some credits for a delivery coming from the UK this week.

I noticed that you don't sell individual credits and don't give discounts on bulk orders.
    I thought originally discounts were offered.

Can you tell me why this is?
    Firstly I'm forced into buying credits when I might only want 1. And secondly there is no incentive for buying multiples.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

4 more Cork Parcel Motels now live and waiting for your parcels! As well as the Topaz on the New Mallow Rd, we now have Ballincollig Topaz, Bishopstown Topaz, Midleton Topaz, and Letrim St Topaz Blackpool. :D

Orla, I passed Blackpool today and the 2 topaz on the new mallow road adn couldn't see parcel motel in either. I did see the one in Leitrim Street (Which is literally beside mallow road). I have a parcel arriving to new mallow road, can you tell me which one it is, the one on roadside out of the city or the one on the roadside into the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Hi Orla

I just went online to buy some credits for a delivery coming from the UK this week.

I noticed that you don't sell individual credits and don't give discounts on bulk orders.

Firstly I'm forced into buying credits when I might only want 1. And secondly there is no incentive for buying multiples.

thanks

You can set up your account to "pay as you go" so you have no unused credits sitting there (making you buy stuff you don't need)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

lindtee wrote: »
    Just to let you know the new kindle is €82 in Argos and probably elsewhere.

Suspect that's for the entry level and not for the Paperwhite or the Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

jameshayes wrote: »
    I've just ordered 90% of my presents from boots.co.uk and had them shipped to PM! I'm really hoping they feckin' fit in the locker!!!

You know I was thinking the same thing. But you need to hope that Boots ship everything to you
    a) in one consignment, and
    b) with the PM dimensions.

Assuming all works to plan, you'll be getting great value for the Crimbo stuff. Pity Boots wont pay the VAT to Irish Exchequer like Amazon does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

I got a text from Parcel Motel yesterday that they couldn't complete delivery as payment could not be made on my account. This was thanks to amazon shipping all items seperately so the credit I had on my account was used up with the 2 other deliveries. They asked me to ring a number, which I did. She took a message and said somebody would call me back but they haven't. I topped up my credit on the account yesterday evening. Anybody know what I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

missjm wrote: »
    I got a text from Parcel Motel yesterday that they couldn't complete delivery as payment could not be made on my account. This was thanks to amazon shipping all items seperately so the credit I had on my account was used up with the 2 other deliveries. They asked me to ring a number, which I did. She took a message and said somebody would call me back but they haven't. I topped up my credit on the account yesterday evening. Anybody know what I do now?

You will get a text when the parcel is in your locker, probably today/tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ordered a Kindle fire on Friday last. was in the parcel motel box this morning. incredible service for websites that don't ship certain things to Ireland.
    brilliant parcel motel. hats off to you.

Hi Orla

thanks

Hi there. We give 2 free credits when you register so that you can use the service twice for free before you need to pay for it. The minimum top up amount is €10.50 (3 stays) but you can also opt for Pay As You Go so that you are only charged as your parcels arrive. So if you only have one parcel, you will only be charged €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

A word of caution... I just got a stupid promotional card sent from an English company that I had registered my PM address with & cost me €3.50... I have switched back to my Irish address on all online accounts to avoid similar unnecessary expense in the future! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Just had a very prompt reply email from Orla explaining that they send everything they get just in case it is of importance! I have to say that I cannot fault the Parcel Motel service, it has been terrific so far and I will continue to use it and recommend it.

Thanks again Orla...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used the Parcel Motel New Mallow Rd Blackpool Cork last night. Excellent service and highly recommended. Few points of feedback:
    1) Its in the TOPAZ beside McDonalds. There are 2 TOPAZ stations on this road and some signage would be nice. Also you can't turn into this station if your heading from the city so both parcel motels (this and leitrim st) and set up for traffic into the city.
    2) Its behind the shop building in a very dark dingy passageway to the car wash. Apart from the parcel motel lights, it was dark and quite frankly, felt unsafe at night.
    3) Some signage on the road would be nice to find it in the station. Leitrim ST is far more obvious
    4) Touchscreen was very annoying, its obviously set up for someone of low height to had a different vision perspective than tall me. When I pressed 0, 8 came up.

Other than that, quite satisfactory.

I always find that with the 0 and 8. Annoying when i have four 0's in my number!

I just realised i got a notification email last night but no text this morning, that's a first

maximoose wrote: »
    Same here!

Our SMS service provider encountered technical difficulties last night and so our texts were delayed going out. They are currently queued for sending and should be with you shortly. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I hear Sligo motel installed on Pearse Road - anyone know when it'll be fully functional?? - xmas is coming........:eek:

Sligo Parcel Motel is now live and ready for your parcels! It's at the 24 Hours Service Station on the Pearse Road. Still a few days left to get the last orders for Christmas in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Sligo Parcel Motel is now live and ready for your parcels! It's at the 24 Hours Service Station on the Pearse Road. Still a few days left to get the last orders for Christmas in :D
    Thanks Orla. Just got the tweet as well.
    Just in time for xmas i hope :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hi Orla,
    I got an email at just gone 00:30 today to say my parcel was ready and it was only just now i got the text to say the same. Usually email and text is coordinated very well(i always get the text at 07:01 if the parcel is delivered before this as not to disturb sleep i presume). I only by chance seen the email this morning as i wouldnt usually check and my gmail is blocked at work.

^ Look up

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Literally 5 minutes walk from the house.. schweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

When will the Galway Parcel Motel be live?

We are dying to get shopping here . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

Just have a question as alot of places will send with registerd mail and was wondering how this is dealt with ,does your incoimng area sign for these ?

• They sign for it.

When will the Galway Parcel Motel be live?

We are dying to get shopping here . :)

Great news! Three, yes THREE, Parcel Motels now open in Galway :D
    Newcastle Topaz, Kearney's Texaco Atalia Rd and Topaz College Rd. Ready...steady.....SHOP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Great news about the Galway one!! I'm already ordering something.

By the way when you sign up there's a box 'where did you hear from us', but there is no boards.ie option!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement