Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Sligo Parcel Motel is now live and ready for your parcels! It's at the 24 Hours Service Station on the Pearse Road. Still a few days left to get the last orders for Christmas in :D

two orders placed already and 30 euro saved on a purchase value of just over 100 euro :D

Well done to the Parcel motel people
    Well done OP
    Well done Boards
    and of course Well done Orla :D

Happy to have saved 30 euro (just in case it doesn't show) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ordered a Kindle on Wednesday morning, arrived Friday night, great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

Used parcel motel for the first time this week. great service. I've been recommending it to all my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hi Orla,

I just signed up for Parcel Motel on Monday in Letterkenny since ordering a package from Amazon Marketplace. I checked my account this morning and see €7 credit applied to my account for the day I signed up, then €3.50 debited yesterday. I didn't receive any notification by email or text that I received anything.

Edit: Okay, just found out the account is debited once the parcel is received by the warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Has anyone bought off Chemist Direct using Parcel motel in the North?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

HI Orla,

Do parcel motel make deliveries over the weekend? I see my account has been debited for an item today, however i'm away for the weekend so won't be able to collect it if it arrives before next monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hi Orla, checked the parcel motel website but there doesn't seem to be any mention of this. What are the arrangements for last minute packages for Christmas? For example what would happen to a package that is only received at your depot on the morning of the 24th or even after lunch?

• Somebody asked a while ago if it would be possible to send items using PM. Don't really understand this. What would be the advantages to using PM over a regular post office?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

double GG wrote: »
    Has anyone bought off Chemist Direct using Parcel motel in the North?

I haven't used Chemist Direct by have used MyPharmacist. Worked perfect, Royal Mail were just a little slow getting the parcel to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭CR 7

Has anyone had any issues, or even tried, using PM to deliver laptop batteries from Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Somebody asked a while ago if it would be possible to send items using PM. Don't really understand this. What would be the advantages to using PM over a regular post office?

It's myself who asked about that. Let's say I need to get a delivery (packet or parcel category weighing 1 kg) from Dublin to Cork, from my friend. My friend if posts through AnPost, he would be charged 6.5 euros for packet or parcel (for details of packet or parcel, one could refer to AnPost website - www.anpost.ie) by An Post. If he delivers to the parcel motel delivery office (collection centre) in Finglas, I would be charged just 3.5 euros. Also, the price increases with weight with AP, but the price is same for upto 10 kgs (may be 25 kgs) with PM.
    I didn't get any reply about my previous post about this. Hope Orla would answer this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

mac.in wrote: »
    It's myself who asked about that. Let's say I need to get a delivery (packet or parcel category weighing 1 kg) from Dublin to Cork, from my friend. My friend if posts through AnPost, he would be charged 6.5 euros for packet or parcel (for details of packet or parcel, one could refer to AnPost website - www.anpost.ie) by An Post. If he delivers to the parcel motel delivery office (collection centre) in Finglas, I would be charged just 3.5 euros. Also, the price increases with weight with AP, but the price is same for upto 10 kgs (may be 25 kgs) with PM.
    I didn't get any reply about my previous post about this. Hope Orla would answer this time.

Sending parcels through Parcel Motel will be coming soon in 2013. :D

Sending parcels through Parcel Motel will be coming soon in 2013. :D

Reply delayed but not denied. Thank you Orla. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Any plans for a parcel motel app? Something to check or add credits on the go, and access the pins for whatever parcels you have in a motel.

Could well be in the pipe line but an idea anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hi Orla, checked the parcel motel website but there doesn't seem to be any mention of this. What are the arrangements for last minute packages for Christmas? For example what would happen to a package that is only received at your depot on the morning of the 24th or even after lunch?

We added our Christmas schedule to our website today. Have a look on parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/christmas-delivery-schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Bit of a dilemma here - I had one item delivered to my Parcel Motel on Thursday night / Friday morning..

I've read Orla saying it stays there for 48hrs after the text message is sent, rather than the email, which should mean it stays there till 7am Sunday morning.

As it's a good drive to my nearest motel, I've been hanging on to see if the other parcel I'm waiting for will arrive, to kill 2 birds with one et cetera...

Seems it's now been delivered to PM, so it should go out tonight - I'm just hoping the guy delivering it doesn't lift my other parcel as expired when delivering, so I can pick em both up at some stage tonight, before 7am...

Anyone tested the limits of the 48hr thing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ruffmut

Hi Orla, Any plans for a parcel motel in Tralee, Co. Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The best invention ever, up there with Sky+.

Somethings just work!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Picked up my first parcel from Topaz Bishopstown this afternoon, noticed that my account had been debited yesterday, received text and email early this morning and picked up at about 3pm today.

I have everything crossed that there isn't live monitored CCTV because I laughed like a loon when I keyed in my info and locker door popped open!

Thanks guys loving it so far, but will admit that that I thought the Bishopstown Topaz was the one just down from the hospital, not the one much further out. Will be switching pick up point methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

ncur wrote: »
    Picked up my first parcel from Topaz Bishopstown this afternoon, noticed that my account had been debited yesterday, received text and email early this morning and picked up at about 3pm today.

I have everything crossed that there isn't live monitored CCTV because I laughed like a loon when I keyed in my info and locker door popped open!

Thanks guys loving it so far, but will admit that that I thought the Bishopstown Topaz was the one just down from the hospital, not the one much further out. Will be switching pick up point methinks!
    Is it the one opp dunnes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

I got a notification email in the early hours this morning, but I'm in uk until Monday evening and cant collect until then.
    How long do I have to collect?

• 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Me, every time:

parcelmotel_zps8fee61a7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Hi Orla

I have a package in the Uk that is 12 Kg although it is within your size limits. Can you advise how much extra might apply for this package.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Hi Orla

I have a package in the Uk that is 12 Kg although it is within your size limits. Can you advise how much extra might apply for this package.

Thanks

Free pickup from Finglas (or other depot) or 10.50 to get it delivered to your door.

Thats on top of your 3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

tinner777 wrote: »
    Is it the one opp dunnes?

That's the one right enough.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Hi Orla

Thanks
    Chet T16 wrote: »
    Free pickup from Finglas (or other depot) or 10.50 to get it delivered to your door.

Definitely it's a free pickup but at the nearest Nightline depot I believe. Else, pay and get it delivered to your door, as said.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Bit of a dilemma here - I had one item delivered to my Parcel Motel on Thursday night / Friday morning..

I've read Orla saying it stays there for 48hrs after the text message is sent, rather than the email, which should mean it stays there till 7am Sunday morning.

As it's a good drive to my nearest motel, I've been hanging on to see if the other parcel I'm waiting for will arrive, to kill 2 birds with one et cetera...

Seems it's now been delivered to PM, so it should go out tonight - I'm just hoping the guy delivering it doesn't lift my other parcel as expired when delivering, so I can pick em both up at some stage tonight, before 7am...

Anyone tested the limits of the 48hr thing yet?

Your parcel doesn't get 'lifted' when the 48hr window expires. You just get charged another €3.50. Its €3.50 per 48hr period so if you don't collect within 48hrs of delivery notification you will just be charged another €3.50.

So your looking at €10.50 for your 2 parcels if you don't get there by 7am. The usual €7.00 for the 2 if you do. But don't worry, both will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Can somebody please advise me here??
    I want to buy a large item weighing 30kg on ebay.
    Seller says it's courier £70 to Ireland or courier £ 20 to uk address.

Can I use parcel motel for this? I've no idea about it

please advise if you can at all
    june

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Chet T16 wrote: »

juneg wrote: »
    Can somebody please advise me here??
    I want to buy a large item weighing 30kg on ebay.
    Seller says it's courier £70 to Ireland or courier £ 20 to uk address.

Can I use parcel motel for this? I've no idea about it

please advise if you can at all
    june

Answered above ^^

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement