Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

If I buy an item off ebay.co.uk and get it sent to the Antrim branch but still want it down here in Tipp/Limerick, How do I do so? Do I put the Finglas branches address or what? I've heard it's been done by a poster over in the cycling forum but would like confirmation and a process to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

orla, how do i know when my motel has been updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Have been using Parcel Motel and think its a great service but I have found one flaw.

Twice I have ordered items from different sites , both times ordering and paying for 2 of the same item and both times only received one item in the package. Both companies had agreed to send on the 2nd item with no further expense but as I had used Parcel Motel I had to pay for the two extra stays.

I had asked both companies to deliver the second item to my home address but they couldn't

No fault at all on the behalf of Parcel Motel but it was another expense I hadn't expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If I buy an item off ebay.co.uk and get it sent to the Antrim branch but still want it down here in Tipp/Limerick, How do I do so? Do I put the Finglas branches address or what? I've heard it's been done by a poster over in the cycling forum but would like confirmation and a process to do so?
    RTFM?

This question has been answered a million times in the thread and on the Parcel Motel website.

Achilles wrote: »
    RTFM?

This question has been answered a million times in the thread and on the Parcel Motel website.

Huh?

And, if you took any heed you'll notice this is my first time posting in this thread. How am I to know what questions have and haven't been answered?

If you're not going to help, then please f off..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Huh?

And, if you took any heed you'll notice this is my first time posting in this thread. How am I to know what questions have and haven't been answered?

I suggest you go to Parcelmotel.com and click the How it Works tab or you could search this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Huh?

No need to be rude. There is a search function for this thread, and also it's explained on the PM website.

You fill in the Antrim address if you want the company to give you free/cheaper UK shipping (if available) and they deliver it to your chosen motel for the 3.50 charge.

If there's no advantage to using the Antrim address (cheaper/free shipping) and/or you are using it for the convenience factor then you may as well use the Finglas address.

BroLo wrote: »
    No need to be rude. There is a search function for this thread, and also it's explained on the PM website.

You fill in the Antrim address if you want the company to give you free/cheaper UK shipping (if available) and they deliver it to your chosen motel for the 3.50 charge.

If there's no advantage to using the Antrim address (cheaper/free shipping) and/or you are using it for the convenience factor then you may as well use the Finglas address.

Thank you BroLo, that was the answer I was looking for. Wasn't clear on the UK side of things was all.

Wasn't being rude, the poster got frustrated when I asked a question was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Thank you BroLo, that was the answer I was looking for. Wasn't clear on the UK side of things was all.

Wasn't being rude, the poster got frustrated when I asked a question was all.

Telling someone to F off is being quite rude. They got frustrated, understandably so because you asked a question which has been answered multiple times in this thread and a quick search of either the thread or the website would have given you your answer.

Saying, if your not going to be helpful then don't respond or something like that would have been a more respectable way to phrase it, rather then F off.

Am not going to clog up this thread with this but, why not just reply in the first place and say 'if you do a quick thread search there is plenty of answers for that question' instead of his reply? Courtesy is a two way street.

Anyway BrLo, thanks for your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Amazon are being so annoying with regards to parcel motel, they are just splitting every single order I make these days, screw them. I specifically chose products that amazon themselves send and all. :( You just never know when they will do it until it is sent grr. Even if they say it will be sent in one packet it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Amazon are being so annoying with regards to parcel motel, they are just splitting every single order I make these days, screw them. I specifically chose products that amazon themselves send and all. :( You just never know when they will do it until it is sent grr. Even if they say it will be sent in one packet it is not.

Its the complete opposite for me. They are combining orders into one box for me. I had around 10 open orders all arrive in 1 box. Was handy enough, just shows you never really know how they will arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Never had a split order,they are all bundled in 1 box .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

About the one that's being installed in Galway at the 'Newcastle Topaz', I was wondering which Topaz this is exactly. There are two in very close proximity.

Is it the one next to the centennial bridge (behind Kingfisher gym) or the one next to Aldi (With the peugeot dealer?). I think latter one is more westside but I don't really know the boundaries of the different areas withing Galway.

• Just a note of caution guys. My second ever PM order and my first from Tesco Direct has gone missing. PM say they need a proof of delivery and Tesco told me to wait ten days which is up tomorrow. Don't really know what to do. I'd guess Tesco messed up the address by leaving out the PMID. Orla it's a Christmas present for my brother (Batman Trilogy) can you save our Christmas? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Its the complete opposite for me. They are combining orders into one box for me. I had around 10 open orders all arrive in 1 box. Was handy enough, just shows you never really know how they will arrive.
    Jarren wrote: »
    Never had a split order,they are all bundled in 1 box .

Damn you guys! I usually get things in one box but lately it is crazy. I even was ordering dearer options just to get them in one box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

About the one that's being installed in Galway at the 'Newcastle Topaz', I was wondering which Topaz this is exactly. There are two in very close proximity.

Is it the one next to the centennial bridge (behind Kingfisher gym) or the one next to Aldi (With the peugeot dealer?). I think latter one is more westside but I don't really know the boundaries of the different areas withing Galway.

The later one would be westside/rahoon. I'd imagine it's the one on quincentennial bridge.
    Can't wait for it to open!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I've just ordered 90% of my presents from boots.co.uk and had them shipped to PM! I'm really hoping they feckin' fit in the locker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

How much time goes between it getting to the PM in the north, and you getting a delivery text? Just paranoid about using it for my little brothers Christmas present, Amazon have shown it delivered to Antrim this morning...

• Normally it takes only one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hi there, here's a link to our How It Works video which is the best way of explaining it I think
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYAk-tXp53I

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Very excited! I have created the Newtownabbey address as a dispatch address for Amazon, which then has allowed me to order from a UK seller that wouldn't post to Ireland.

Brilliant, I can't wait to pick up my first parcel in the next week or so! Thanks Parcelmotel and thanks Orla!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

I hear Sligo motel installed on Pearse Road - anyone know when it'll be fully functional?? - xmas is coming........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Has anyone tried ordering the new entry level Kindle using Parcel Motel ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007HCCOD0/

£69 = about €85 compared to €110 in Tesco's or from Amazon.com :eek:

They don't give the dimensions for it packed, only the item itself on the site, it should be ok but was wondering if anyone else had successfully got one before taking the plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

orla can i be the first to wish u and the pm crew,a happy xmas,and hope its a busy one for you,hope the clunk clink of closed doors works out,people collecting there parcels.

• orla can i be the first to wish u and the pm crew,a happy xmas,and hope its a busy one for you,hope the clunk clink of closed doors works out,people collecting there parcels.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7On3C0GFn_HHG7puOXnz1CfPpBUe6AXz3kdTry6g2IUNuhAxdeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

orla, or anyone, how do i know if my location has changed? does the p number change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

J0hnick wrote: »
    Has anyone tried ordering the new entry level Kindle using Parcel Motel ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007HCCOD0/

£69 = about €85 compared to €110 in Tesco's or from Amazon.com :eek:

They don't give the dimensions for it packed, only the item itself on the site, it should be ok but was wondering if anyone else had successfully got one before taking the plunge.

Just to let you know the new kindle is €82 in Argos and probably elsewhere.

Great to hear that the Cork motels are finally open. Now just to decide what to order.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

tinner777 wrote: »
    orla, or anyone, how do i know if my location has changed? does the p number change?

No the PMID doesn't change but if you log in to your account and go to Account Area (at the top of the page beside the Home button) then click on Account Details and My Details and under Choose A Motel you will see your chosen Parcel Motel location. If you need any help with it, PM me your PMID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Any idea of the delivery schedule over christmas Orla? Ie when delivery's will stop and resume to the motels?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement