Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Guys,
    Can you use the parcel hotel Antrim address as your billing address? Trying to Oder a laptop from sainsburys and the billing address is looking for a UK postal code.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Guys,
    Can you use the parcel hotel Antrim address as your billing address? Trying to Oder a laptop from sainsburys and the billing address is looking for a UK postal code.

Yes. You put your unique PMID, that you get when you register, on the first line of the address, and then pop the Antrim address in as normal. The item will be delivered to the Parcel Motel you have already nominated as your nearest one, if that makes sense.

Basically, your laptop will be sent to the Parcel Motel address up north, and then they use your PMID to figure out which Parcel Motel to sort it into from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Just had 2 packages delivered to my Motel Room. Lovely Jubbly. Taking everything into account, saved myself abt 60 Eurekas in the products and abt 12 Es in postage . Brilliant.

Suggestion: when the stuff arrives in the Motel in Newtownards,and my account is debited with the 3.50, could an ETA for availability in my Motel box be computed?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Guys,
    Yes. You put your unique PMID, that you get when you register, on the first line of the address, and then pop the Antrim address in as normal. The item will be delivered to the Parcel Motel you have already nominated as your nearest one, if that makes sense.

Basically, your laptop will be sent to the Parcel Motel address up north, and then they use your PMID to figure out which Parcel Motel to sort it into from there.
    Jill, I think you missed the fact that Eamo is having a billing address issue?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I did and all, my bad.

• Advertisement

Guys,

Just think it through. The billing address is intended 4 parcel motel purposes. So, if u in de 26, that's where it thinks u gonna be,

That's completely different from wot Sainsbury's r wot ever mite need.. No linkage afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Just think it through. The billing address is intended 4 parcel motel purposes. So, if u in de 26, that's where it thinks u gonna be,

That's completely different from wot Sainsbury's r wot ever mite need.. No linkage afaik.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've used it twice now and it's a great service, I've several more items on the way and the savings, especially using UK free delivery on cheaper items from Amazon are excellent.

One thing though, when I first used the service I got a text message but no email, the second time, just there yesterday I got an email but no text message, have they changed this around as I was awaiting the text message. The email went into my junk folder and I almost deleted it without realising what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Hmmm still a tad confused. There's the delivery address which is grand - Parcel Motel's Antrim base. And then there's a billing address. Now I'm assuming the billing address is linked to the credit card etc...
    I stuck in the Antrim post code on the billing address so i could write in the field. And I just put my RoI address but I'm wondering can I put the Antrim address as the billing address as well or will this cause an error in payment processing?
    BTW have used PM twice now and it's an excellent service. Highly recommended.

Hmmm still a tad confused. There's the delivery address which is grand - Parcel Motel's Antrim base. And then there's a billing address. Now I'm assuming the billing address is linked to the credit card etc...
    I stuck in the Antrim post code on the billing address so i could write in the field. And I just put my RoI address but I'm wondering can I put the Antrim address as the billing address as well or will this cause an error in payment processing?
    BTW have used PM twice now and it's an excellent service. Highly recommended.

No you can't, your credit card will get rejected that way. You can only use the Parcel Motel address for delivery, not as the billing address I'm afraid.

You can ring your credit card company/bank and ask for a temporary address to be attached to your card, some allow, some don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

i think boards.ie are having a laugh,in the middle of december,and there flogging t shirts,but one thing,can you order it,get it sent to the uk,use pm,and save sum wonga in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

i think boards.ie are having a laugh,in the middle of december,and there flogging t shirts,but one thing,can you order it,get it sent to the uk,use pm,and save sum wonga in the meantime.

Are Qwertee not based in ROI, so no savings to be had AFAIK.

Its for a good cause anyway and its a cool Tee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I just picked up my Batman Trilogy Bluray (ordered from Tesco Direct) from my local Parcel Motel. Had no problem putting in normal credit card details and transaction went through fine. The problem that I had was that despite me trying a couple of variations of getting my PMID into the address fields at checkout - and it appearing clearly on the confirmation email for the transaction - it did not appear at all on the final address label!

All Nightline had to work with was my name yet the parcel landed successfully at my pick up point - WELL IMPRESSED :-). Someone obviously went to the trouble of tracking me down by name through a customer database - thankfully I obviously don't have a namesake that uses Parcel Motel yet - although with service like this I wont be so priveleged for long I would guess.

Needless to say I blasted Tesco out of it with an email.........

Credit where credit is due - Well done Parcel Motel!

Thanks for the information but if I try to add a card to my account it asks for a postcode. It only seems to recognise valid UK postcodes so that is a non starter.

I've also tried to enter my Irish payment details during the checkout process but yet again there is the postcode checker.

Perhaps they have changed their system since your order?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

3.50 was deducted from my account. Does that mean it's reached the north, or it's reached the south branch? I still haven't gotten a text and want to know whether I should expect it today or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Expect it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

3.50 was deducted from my account. Does that mean it's reached the north, or it's reached the south branch? I still haven't gotten a text and want to know whether I should expect it today or not

You may get a text later this afternoon/evening. once my account is deducted i normally get an email around 5pm though it has been as late as 11pm that same day. Im not sure if it matters but my parcel motel is in south dublin maybe if your down the country you may have to wait till tomorrow.

Anyone know what happens if I have two parcels in my delivery? For example if I order two things from Amazon and they get to Parcel motel in the one shipment? The two items won't fit in one box so will they just put them in two and charge me twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

orla, how those cork motels going???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

draffodx wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens if I have two parcels in my delivery? For example if I order two things from Amazon and they get to Parcel motel in the one shipment? The two items won't fit in one box so will they just put them in two and charge me twice?

if its all packaged together, its one shipment. they deliver it as a unit. if its packaged seperatley, they deliver as two.
    some of the boxes are quite big, I got a pc delivered last week. if it doesnt fit, you can collect from depot, or arrange a delivery for extra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

tinner777 wrote: »
    orla, how those cork motels going???

Ballincollig and Blackpool were installed today, just need to be tested tomorrow and should be live by tomorrow night/Saturday morning. 2 more arriving at Midleton and Leitrim St tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

hows sligo going orla??

Ballincollig and Blackpool were installed today, just need to be tested tomorrow and should be live by tomorrow night/Saturday morning. 2 more arriving at Midleton and Leitrim St tomorrow. :D

Jayses ye're busy. :)

Whats the story with the one in goatstown? Is it going in at the goat now instead of the topaz?

Any luck with one coming to Wexford/Carlow. Im miles away from my closest one :mad:

Parcel Motel at the Carlow Town Topaz now open! Wexford planned for new year :D

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the one in goatstown? Is it going in at the goat now instead of the topaz?

Yes, it's in the car park of the Goat pub/restaurant and it's now live and waiting for parcels :)

sligono1 wrote: »
    hows sligo going orla??

We're hoping to install next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Orla, could you confirm something for me.

If I order something and it's too big for a motel. Dimensions only and not weight, will it come to the nearest Nightline Depot still or would it have to be collected in the Dublin one?

Also, if it does come to the nearest Nightline Depot, how long do I have to collect it?

And finally, if it is too big but not too heavy and does come to the nearest depot, is that covered by the 3.50 charge?

Actually while I'm here, Product Dimensions: 41.8 x 29.4 x 0.6 cm. Would that be oversized? It's from Amazon so maybe allow 10cm to each for packaging so 51.8 x 39.4 x 10.6. Would that be oversized?

In Limerick if that makes any difference.

Cheers

51.8 x 39.4 x 10.6 would still fit, just about.

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 X 38 X 64 cm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Chet T16 wrote: »
    51.8 x 39.4 x 10.6 would still fit, just about.

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 X 38 X 64 cm.

Cheers. It's a poster for a Christmas present so wouldn't want to fork out to get it delivered but I can't find it in shops in Limerick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement