Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Lads - how are you managing to only pay one €3.50 charge when amazon ship your order in different parcels/shipments?

If I select group in as few packages as possible on amazon on an order they will still most likely split it - want to get seven or eight items in my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

iPhone. wrote: »
    Lads - how are you managing to only pay one €3.50 charge when amazon ship your order in different parcels/shipments?

If I select group in as few packages as possible on amazon on an order they will still most likely split it - want to get seven or eight items in my order.

I've got a feeling the guy who got 3 things delivered in seperate orders got 2 of his freebies and then charged for the 3rd if that makes sense?

lowelife wrote: »

I've got a feeling the guy who got 3 things delivered in seperate orders got 2 of his freebies and then charged for the 3rd if that makes sense?

Doh!

Back to the drawing board for me so. Amazon only practical through parcel motel for one off items then. Handy, but not if you have a number of low value items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

orla, are your boys in cork today? need a roasting tin from ebay for the christmas dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

lowelife wrote: »

Correct

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

tinner777 wrote: »
    orla, are your boys in cork today? need a roasting tin from ebay for the christmas dinner

Same here, still waiting for the Cork motels to open. Christmas is sneaky up on us, fast!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I ordered something and it came with a card. However now the thing has arrived with a note saying the card will be sent separately. I don't want to pay 3.50 for this card, can it get turned away?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone in Cork even spotted the parcel motels at the locations? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Hi Orla,

Parcel motel looks great! Can't wait to get started using it.

I've registered a while ago, and it took some time for the verification to come through to my phone, however, I now cannot get to the page to enter the code, as it keeps telling me the mobile number has already been used?? I'll PM you my name and email now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Waiting on Cork too.

I don't have a problem with delays, but would appreciate a more reliable timescale to when they will actually be installed. They were due a few weeks ago, then delayed a few times more.

Have a few pressies I need to get, but could just order from somewhere else, if it's only a maybe that the motels will be installed this week. If installed in January, then I've no problem with that, but would like to be told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TBH it's getting dodgy at this stage ordering important Christmas presents online and being certain they'll arrive on time.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Waiting on Cork too.

I don't have a problem with delays, but would appreciate a more reliable timescale to when they will actually be installed. They were due a few weeks ago, then delayed a few times more.

Have a few pressies I need to get, but could just order from somewhere else, if it's only a maybe that the motels will be installed this week. If installed in January, then I've no problem with that, but would like to be told.

Sorry about the confusion Ollie. Our installation team will be arriving in Cork on Wednesday. It can take a few days for the Parcel Motels to be configured and tested but we hope to have them operational by next weekend. Thanks for your patience, we promise it will be worth the wait :)

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

Parcel motel looks great! Can't wait to get started using it.

I've registered a while ago, and it took some time for the verification to come through to my phone, however, I now cannot get to the page to enter the code, as it keeps telling me the mobile number has already been used?? I'll PM you my name and email now.

Fixed this for you now and sent you and email with your PMID. Welcome to Parcel Motel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just used parcel motel for a second time, it's the best invention ever.

Thanks Orla. It looks like a great service, so will be worth the wait I hope.

TBH it's getting dodgy at this stage ordering important Christmas presents online and being certain they'll arrive on time.

I use amazon a lot, and they're always on time. Usually less than 1 week.

sligono1 wrote: »
    Has the letterkenny PM opened yet??

Parcel Motel Letterkenny, at Kelly's Centra Moutaintop, now open for business! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I take it that's a no then!

I ordered something and it came with a card. However now the thing has arrived with a note saying the card will be sent separately. I don't want to pay 3.50 for this card, can it get turned away?

Please PM me your PMID and I'll look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

@ Orla
    Is there a confirmed date for the installation of the Sligo PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Parcel Motel Letterkenny, at Kelly's Centra Moutaintop, now open for business! :D

Location on map is way off

Orla,
    Any idea when the dock road PM in Galway is due to open?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Got my first package from Parcel Motel will use again

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

Got an email last night that my package had arrived at the motel at 11.15, looks like the elves are working late these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Any idea when Parcel Motel will arrive in Wexford Town ?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

can't believe there's not one of these in Cork considering it's the second city in the country. Just signed up as I get a lot of stuff delivered so will be interested in seeing how it works out.

According to the website, I'm getting 2 free drops when I use them so lets see how we get on with them. Would use them an awful lot if it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

has anyone worked out how to insert parcelmotel id on the h&m uk website to avail of the sale?:confused:

damian139 wrote: »
    has anyone worked out how to insert parcelmotel id on the h&m uk website to avail of the sale?:confused:

just put it in your address

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LittleGarry

For those that have successfully ordered from Tesco Direct, how did you pay? I have tried to add a card with my Irish address but the site searches for addresses using postcodes and seems to only accept addresses that it recognises. Thanks.

I just picked up my Batman Trilogy Bluray (ordered from Tesco Direct) from my local Parcel Motel. Had no problem putting in normal credit card details and transaction went through fine. The problem that I had was that despite me trying a couple of variations of getting my PMID into the address fields at checkout - and it appearing clearly on the confirmation email for the transaction - it did not appear at all on the final address label!

All Nightline had to work with was my name yet the parcel landed successfully at my pick up point - WELL IMPRESSED :-). Someone obviously went to the trouble of tracking me down by name through a customer database - thankfully I obviously don't have a namesake that uses Parcel Motel yet - although with service like this I wont be so priveleged for long I would guess.

Needless to say I blasted Tesco out of it with an email.........

Credit where credit is due - Well done Parcel Motel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

There's a Parcel Motel right around the corner, and it's the bees knees. Not worth it for small low value items, but to be honest, most of those can be sent by regular post anyway. For the kind of internet oddities I pick up on crazy whims, it's perfect.

I expect it to cost me an awful lot of money for all the right reasons in the near future. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement