Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

Like what? The only salient piece of info is my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Like what? The only salient piece of info is my name.

Ok maybe just the order number....I've known cases where items have been able to be cancelled just off this info alone

There's no order number there.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Ok ignore me I thought the 028 number was an order reference

That's half of my Auntie's (who lives in the North) phone number! :) Good of you to try to help though! I probably should have used black ink with my eraser tool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cyrus might I suggest something please? This probably won't work but at least it'll give us an idea where you are stuck. Order what you want on the Tesco Direct site and continue to the checkout. At the last stage you should still have the option to edit your address. Try to put your PMID into the surname field there. Like I said it's a long shot but it's the best I can come up with mate.

To prove I'm not bull****ting you (and give me the opportunity to use W7's snipping tool, which I love) here's my receipt:

capture_8.jpg

beautiful

i couldnt change my registration address but i could do that on the final page

top man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just a question on goods received at Parcel motel that VAT/customs are due at. I know they'll refuse to accept the goods but will I get a notification of same?

I purchased something from amazon.co.uk but it has been sent from the US. Bit annoyed as I specifically chose the amazon.co.uk site to avoid paying VAT/customs.

I'm still hoping it slips by but would like to know if its refused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

Digitalism wrote: »
    I saw theres a station set up on at the side of the topaz shop on the waterford road in Kilkenny, beside lidl, but nothing on the website about it, so not sure if its up and running yet. Any one know if its running yet? cheers

Did you get any update on this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Are we supposed to use the E or the X version of the antrim post code?

Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE (BT36 4PX also works)

I remember there was a problem with one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Either will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dodge wrote: »
    Just a question on goods received at Parcel motel that VAT/customs are due at. I know they'll refuse to accept the goods but will I get a notification of same?

I purchased something from amazon.co.uk but it has been sent from the US. Bit annoyed as I specifically chose the amazon.co.uk site to avoid paying VAT/customs.

I'm still hoping it slips by but would like to know if its refused

in spiute of it being sent from states by the company, you've paid the VAT on the amazon website surely

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Are we supposed to use the E or the X version of the antrim post code?

Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE (BT36 4PX also works)

I remember there was a problem with one?

I believe "4PX" was the old one and "4PE" was the one they recommended in the email sent out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81055765&postcount=980

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

zuroph wrote: »
    in spiute of it being sent from states by the company, you've paid the VAT on the amazon website surely

Hope so. Added to uneasiness is that it is being sent by the US POstal Service so I've no tracking on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Brian017 wrote: »
    Did you get any update on this?

Kilkenny is open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Is Carlow still on course for sometime next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Cyrus might I suggest something please? This probably won't work but at least it'll give us an idea where you are stuck. Order what you want on the Tesco Direct site and continue to the checkout. At the last stage you should still have the option to edit your address. Try to put your PMID into the surname field there. Like I said it's a long shot but it's the best I can come up with mate.

To prove I'm not bull****ting you (and give me the opportunity to use W7's snipping tool, which I love) here's my receipt:

capture_8.jpg

this worked for me, thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

newg300 wrote: »
    Is Carlow still on course for sometime next week?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81885363&postcount=1743
    Week commencing 10th December according to this reply to your earlier discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Sorry, just had Dec 3rd on my mind. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Gonna give them a go... Let's see how well it works...

Kilkenny is open for business.

Great news! Even if my Credit Card will hate you! :P

• Advertisement

Any news on the Galway one? Its not showing on the drop down list. Next closest to me is Roscommon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LittleGarry

capture_8.jpg

Just a word of warning on this:
    I tried to do this on the Tesco Direct site edited the surname field in the checkout screen - it let me do this no problem but when I hit place order my PM number was deleted out of the field and did not show up on the delivery address:eek:
    I cancelled the order and went through the process a second time - this time I edited the firstname field and put just my PM no in there moving my full name to the surname field - worked fine then - just said I would let you guys know!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Placed first order to be delivered to Roscommon Parcel Motel.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

How did you guys get around thd Last Name field not accepting numbers on Tesco Direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Brian017 wrote: »
    How did you guys get around thd Last Name field not accepting numbers on Tesco Direct?

you have to do it at the last page where you pay, edit address :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

i wonder if any one else out there,has been on the amazon uk website lately,they have a pick up service,in some parts of the uk,from what i gather they use motels,similar to those from pm,im wondering will they stop delivering to ireland,as they know us people use them here.

The Amazon lockers have been there for ages. Probably where NightLine "innovated" the idea from! :D (Sorry Orla!) They're always going to have home delivery as an option even with lockers.

be that as it may van zan,but they never had competiton,so im just wondering would they be that bad,and stop delivers to them,something to think about,and like all good ideas they all get copied,looks like nighline got in there before the rest,im surprised,another certain parcel company,hasnt got there first,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

QUESTION about import tax and parcel motel.

Say I want to buy a camera from an ebay seller in hong kong. Normally I would get charged the import tax at the door by other couriers . How does parcel motel deal with inport duty.

Would I get off paying altogether? Dam tax.

• Advertisement

brokenarms,if your parcel is received by pm,they will reject it,as they wont pay the import tax,something to think about.if that is it has import dutys or taxes to be paid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement