Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Orla, its 5 to ten on a friday night, go pour yourself a drink and watch the late late :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

zuroph wrote: »
    Orla, its 5 to ten on a friday night, go pour yourself a drink and watch the late late :p

How did you know what I was doing? Risteard Cooper is hilarious!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

My first time using parcel motel, ordered something small from eBay during the week to have delivered to a parcel motel near where I work. Get a text tonight saying that my package is at the drop point. Thing is I'm not back in work till Monday and can't get the package so that's 2 drops. Bit of a poxy time to be delivering :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Slaanesh wrote: »
    My first time using parcel motel, ordered something small from eBay during the week to have delivered to a parcel motel near where I work. Get a text tonight saying that my package is at the drop point. Thing is I'm not back in work till Monday and can't get the package so that's 2 drops. Bit of a poxy time to be delivering :-(
    Can you get a mate to pick it up for you? All they need is your mobile no. and the 4-digit code you got by text.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Esel wrote: »
    Can you get a mate to pick it up for you? All they need is your mobile no. and the 4-digit code you got by text.

Can't unfortunately. Its just a little annoying that it was delivered at that time. If it was 12 hours later I probably could have gone into work early on Monday morning and collected it. Its the new drop point up in blanchardstown corporate park so it is more than likely going to be for people who work in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Can anyone give me the template for an address that will work with Ebay, please?

I'm trying to add the PM Belfast address, but there seems to be one field too few on their form. Can I just stick my PM ID and the "Parcel Motel" address line in the same field?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Name
    PMID
    Parcel Motel
    Postcode

That should work.

newg300 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me the template for an address that will work with Ebay, please?

I'm trying to add the PM Belfast address, but there seems to be one field too few on their form. Can I just stick my PM ID and the "Parcel Motel" address line in the same field?

Thanks in advance.

Here's mine

thnak.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I am sure I did the same as the templet as my item has been dispatched from eBay to the northern address how long will I be waiting to get a text from PM to say its ready for pick up?? Thanks guys just hope I filled in the address properly??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

How long is a piece of string? so many variables, where its coming from, what post they sent it by, when it was actually posted, weekend, etc etc

• Advertisement

Right that's grand just wanted to make sure I'd set up the address properly on my eBay account?? Thank you

I don't really know how we're supposed to tell if you managed to fill out correctly something as simple as an address.

Ok it's just my friend isn't great on reading and filling out forms

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Hi, a question for the parcel motel rep.
    I want to order some items that the site will only deliver to the UK. I've used parcel motel's Belfast address before for other items without any problems however this site say they dispatch their items with DHL and require a signature. Can I use Parcel Motel for this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Hi, a question for the parcel motel rep.
    I want to order some items that the site will only deliver to the UK. I've used parcel motel's Belfast address before for other items without any problems however this site say they dispatch their items with DHL and require a signature. Can I use Parcel Motel for this?
    Thanks

As per the Parcel Motel website, the answer to your question is yes.

In FAQ section of their website, this is what is stated:
    Where’s my stuff?
    We’ll do what we can to help you find missing or delayed items but please remember we have no visibility of your order until it arrives into our Check-in centre. Every parcel we receive is issued with a PMRN (Parcel Motel Receipt Number). This is proof it got to us so you should expect your seller to provide this as evidence of delivery. We will also sign for any items for which the courier or postal service requires a signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

First delivery from Parcel Motel during the week. Excellent service. !!

AleoN

• Registered Users Posts: 19,864 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hi Orla

Have tesco totally blocked us from using your address now?

They wont allow numbers in the Name Fields so there is nowhere to put the PM ID, its a pity i really want to order a kindle paperwhite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Try the postcode BT36 4PE. In first name put your full name (forename and surname). In surname put Parcel Motel PM1235 (your PM No.). Main address will come up as 1A McKinney Rd. Put Parcel Motel as the address nickname. This should work!

did that, but got "Please enter your name using letters a to z and hyphen (-) only. Surname can also use apostrophe ":confused:

I'm just after ordering the Dark Knight trilogy using from Tesco Direct and I entered my PMID in the surname field no bother.

VanZan wrote: »
    I'm just after ordering the Dark Knight trilogy using from Tesco Direct and I entered my PMID in the surname field no bother.
    Did you have an existing account?

• Advertisement

Nope.

VanZan wrote: »
    Nope.
    So you set up a new account, used Bt36 4pe and picked the parcel Motel addy and put your full name in the name field and pm id in surname no issues?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just registered on Parcel Motel. Do they still send a key out in the post? I notice it said that on one of the pages on the site but in another page it says you simply key in your phone number and PIN number to open the door. No mention of a physical key.

I registered a month or two ago and I've never gotten a key.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I just registered on Parcel Motel. Do they still send a key out in the post? I notice it said that on one of the pages on the site but in another page it says you simply key in your phone number and PIN number to open the door. No mention of a physical key.

You don't need a key. The locker opens itself electronically when you punch in the correct phone number and corresponding code that was sent via SMS.

Hi Orla

in order to order from tesco i put my PM ID in the surname field, but i have to spell each number out ie Four for 4, will that work ok

Cyrus might I suggest something please? This probably won't work but at least it'll give us an idea where you are stuck. Order what you want on the Tesco Direct site and continue to the checkout. At the last stage you should still have the option to edit your address. Try to put your PMID into the surname field there. Like I said it's a long shot but it's the best I can come up with mate.

To prove I'm not bull****ting you (and give me the opportunity to use W7's snipping tool, which I love) here's my receipt:

capture_8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Hi Orla will there be prizes in the new parcel motels location or was it only for the first ones that opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

*cancels above order for the lols*

Ok its now on previous page but if I was you I would scrub a few of the important details off it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement