Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

newg300 wrote: »
    Will Carlow be up and running soon? The PM that is, before there are any wise cracks. ;)

I noticed The equipment is there today. Dunno when it's going live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

plu wrote: »
    I noticed The equipment is there today. Dunno when it's going live

We'll be starting the Carlow installation week commencing 3rd December. All going well with testing and configuration, it should be going live the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Great news. Thanks Orla.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi

@ Orla

Roscommon Parcel Motel has been on site for over 2 weeks now and is still not up and running. I passed last night and noticed the screen was lit up.

Will it be added to the drop down list on website anytime soon?

Thanks.

• Just in case any fellow Stab citizens aren't following Twitter and/or FB then the PM at Chawkes, Castletroy is live! Hopefully it'll be a "Short Circuit" live rather than a "2001 Space Odyssey" live. Oh yes there's a halting site just up the road so don the Kevlar people!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I saw theres a station set up on at the side of the topaz shop on the waterford road in Kilkenny, beside lidl, but nothing on the website about it, so not sure if its up and running yet. Any one know if its running yet? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Hi Orla any word on when the Limerick sites will go live? Have a few items in my Amazon basket I'd love to get shipped to PM in Castletroy.

• Did you not see my post two posts up? It's live as of this morning.

Did you not see my post two posts up? It's live as of this morning.

I did not see that. I dunno how I missed that, my bad. Thanks.

• No problem mate. People generally don't read my posts as I'm a tiresome bore really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EDIT:
    Where did quoted message go?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

First PM castletroy package ordered, second about to go

what was the workaround for when amazon want a phione number? for uk address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

zuroph wrote: »
    what was the workaround for when amazon want a phione number? for uk address

I put my Irish mobile number in and it worked each time no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭matwijow

Brilliant service, I've used it numerous times now and very useful for Amazons Black Friday deals when stuff is under £25. Thanks Parcel Motel! :D

matwijow wrote: »
    Brilliant service, I've used it numerous times now and very useful for Amazons Black Friday deals when stuff is under £25. Thanks Parcel Motel! :D

You can just contact Amazon and say you want the shipping refunded as you don't have time to upgrade your basket to £25.

Check the thread in Bargain Alerts for a sample email that works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

About Sligo..
    SLIGO UPDATE!
    Some good news for Sligo :-)
    We have agreed a location for Parcel Motel at Mullins Gala Esso Service Station on the Bundoran Road.
    Site preparation is underway and installation is scheduled for week commencing 3rd December.
    In plenty of time for Christmas shopping!
    I gather from this we should expect it to be up and running around the 10th? I think I read something about a week of testing a while ago.

Need to order something from Asia for Christmas and it will take 15-20 days to arrive so I want to time the order right. If the Motel is open around the 10th then I'll order in a few days :)
    HunniBear wrote: »
    want to buy a few things like a rampant rabbit that I don't want delivered to my home... My mom used my last one.

eww.jpg

watch out for the asia delivery, if customs stop it for a charge it will be rejected by PM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

zuroph wrote: »
    watch out for the asia delivery, if customs stop it for a charge it will be rejected by PM

Only €13 for what I'm getting. The seller wont ship to the Republic or France or I'd order it straight to me.

Anyone know what the max cost is before you will get hit with a customs charge? I think people got hit on those android usb sticks and they only cost about €50!

FWIR its about €22

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

€22 including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just registered tonight. Does the verification text take long? Its been nearly 2 hours since I keyed in my mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

About 10 seconds for me

Seven Worlds will Collide

About 10 seconds for me

I've gone back in to re-enter my number but it says I've already registered. Now what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

keano_afc wrote: »
    I've gone back in to re-enter my number but it says I've already registered. Now what?

Had the exact same problem. Just PM Orla with your PMID and she'll sort it out for you

jamescd wrote: »
    Had the exact same problem. Just PM Orla with your PMID and she'll sort it out for you

I cant, as it hasnt let me register yet. I go to log in and it tells me I havent fully registered yet, and takes me to the mobile number verification screen. I enter my number, and it tells me I'm already registered. Going round in circles I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I cant, as it hasnt let me register yet. I go to log in and it tells me I havent fully registered yet, and takes me to the mobile number verification screen. I enter my number, and it tells me I'm already registered. Going round in circles I am.

They probably sent you an e-mail regardless, your PMID should be in it

jamescd wrote: »
    They probably sent you an e-mail regardless, your PMID should be in it

Not yet anyway. Will keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

More locations (from their facebook page) :pac:
    We're so excited, two more Parcel Motels are now open in Limerick! Topaz Caherdavin on the Ennis Road and Topaz on the Dock Rd. That's 3 open in Limerick including the one in Castletroy.

Great news for all the online shoppers in Waterford! Two Parcel Motels are now open for business. Topaz on the Dumore Road and Topaz on the Cork Road. Happy Shopping!

The Parcel Motel at Casey's Centra in Roscommon is now open! Looking forward to welcoming some Roscommon parcels soon.

Hope everyone in Longford has their Christmas shopping list ready! Parcel Motel Longford (at the Texaco on the N4 Sligo Rd) now open for business!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Not yet anyway. Will keep an eye on it.

Please PM me your name and email address and I will complete registration for you. Sorry, sometimes the verification texts get delayed, depending on network coverage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement