Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Quick question:

What is the story if a parcel arrives and you have no credit on your account? I'm presuming they just hold it until you top up?

Reason I ask is I had a parcel sent that was destroyed by customs, instead I was sent the letter notifying me that it was destroyed. But frustrating wasting a credit on that, the item is being re-sent. I'll need to top up before it arrives, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes, or it will be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Quick question:

What is the story if a parcel arrives and you have no credit on your account? I'm presuming they just hold it until you top up?

Reason I ask is I had a parcel sent that was destroyed by customs, instead I was sent the letter notifying me that it was destroyed. But frustrating wasting a credit on that, the item is being re-sent. I'll need to top up before it arrives, yes?

Will it not likely just get destroyed by customs again and you just get another letter ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Orla, you probably missed my last post, but can you shed some light on the Parcel motel at Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas.

its there a while now, but i cannot select it as my default location, ie. its not in the drop down list?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just a quick one to think about Orla..

.. anyone familiar with eFlow knows that they've an option for Post-Pay (deducted directly from card) and Prepay (requires to be topped up).

Any chance of having the ability to use a Post-Pay service? Might be handy!

• Advertisement

• There's an option there already to have it deducted from your card isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's an option there already to have it deducted from your card isn't there?
    Yep.. sorry, see that now.

Could only see 'Top Up' in the Account Area and didn't check My Account.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

kceire,you took the words out of my mouth,i was wondering about charlestown as well,its been lieing there bout 2 weeks,nothing happening,but im wondering its in a very open place,will it be safe,they could of put a pm in the car park of the nightline depot,people could of picked there items from there,not the oversize parcels as at present.

• Basq wrote: »
    Yep.. sorry, see that now.

Could only see 'Top Up' in the Account Area and didn't check My Account.
    You're obviously not pedaling fast enough to keep the generator producing enough light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dasama

penev10 wrote: »
    My oversized parcel (I bet it's Amazon after putting it in a ridiculously huge box!) has been sent to the place in Finglas.

Is this an automated place like the other parcel motels or is there a guy at a counter? Just want to know if I need to bring ID or anything with me. I'm gathering the usual 48 hours rule applies.

Im also wondering does the 48 hour rule apply to the Finglas depot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

kceire wrote: »
    Orla, you probably missed my last post, but can you shed some light on the Parcel motel at Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas.

its there a while now, but i cannot select it as my default location, ie. its not in the drop down list?

thanks.

The Parcel Motel at Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas is now open for business:)

penev10 wrote: »
    My oversized parcel (I bet it's Amazon after putting it in a ridiculously huge box!) has been sent to the place in Finglas.

Is this an automated place like the other parcel motels or is there a guy at a counter? Just want to know if I need to bring ID or anything with me. I'm gathering the usual 48 hours rule applies.

There's a reception area with some very helpful security staff who will ask you for your name and your PMID and will notify the warehouse that you are here to collect.

dasama wrote: »
    Im also wondering does the 48 hour rule apply to the Finglas depot?

Yes, the 48 hour rule applies to the Finglas Depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

The Parcel Motel at Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas is now open for business:)

Do you Spea ka da Enga lish?

We in Mayo, spend da money too......sigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

You're obviously not pedaling fast enough to keep the generator producing enough light.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Will Carlow be up and running soon? The PM that is, before there are any wise cracks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sorry if this has already been asked, went back a few pages but couldn't see anything? Anyway, I've ordered a Kindle for delivery to the Northern Ireland address. Amazon have given an expected delivery date of 22-24th Dec. So say the package reaches Northern Ireland on 24th does that mean I won't be able to get it in Dublin until after the 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Sorry if this has already been asked, went back a few pages but couldn't see anything? Anyway, I've ordered a Kindle for delivery to the Northern Ireland address. Amazon have given an expected delivery date of 22-24th Dec. So say the package reaches Northern Ireland on 24th does that mean I won't be able to get it in Dublin until after the 25th?

22nd-24th of December ? More than a month for delivery, why is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

jamescd wrote: »
    22nd-24th of December ? More than a month for delivery, why is that ?

Its the new Kindle Paperwhite which has only recently been released so very popular Christmas present! I just finished ordering there and went for the 1st class postage in the end so it should be out by 22nd Dec by the latest so I should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I ordered a paperwhite on the 30th of October and it said estimated delivery of the 12th of November but it came on the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hi Orla, just checking in about the Limerick PM, when, where, :) You must be sick of people asking at this stage....

I have a couple of online purchases in my basket, just waiting to be purchased :p

• You guys should sign up to their Twitter/Facebook sites. They seem to be publishing the locations as they go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HunniBear

Hi...

How long can I leave the parcel at the parcel motel?

The thread is 116 pages long, so I wouldn't know where to begin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HunniBear

I work abroad, and want to buy a few things like a rampant rabbit that I don't want delivered to my home... My mom used my last one. And can't have them delivered way out here because i'd have to take it the whole way back, which is why I asked.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

You guys should sign up to their Twitter/Facebook sites. They seem to be publishing the locations as they go live.

To be fair, their FB page has Carlow down as Nov 16th, hence why I asked here what the story is.

• HunniBear wrote: »
    I work abroad, and want to buy a few things like a rampant rabbit that I don't want delivered to my home... Thanks.
    TMI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭pissed

Another bargain on shipping. Amazon wanted £16 to ship an item and got it done for €3.50 via Parcel Motel. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Portlousie is open now

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

We have a further update for the following locations:

Athlone, Castlebar,Cavan, Clonmel, Drogheda, Ennis, Killarney, Mullingar, Tralee, Tullamore, Wexford.

Due to contract negotiations and/or site preparations taking longer than we originally expected, installation at these locations has been rescheduled for January 2013. Don't worry though, we have the Parcel Motels waiting at our Dublin depot so the installs will definitely go ahead once we have all of the contractual and preparatory work fully completed.
    We're sorry if this is a disappointment for customers wishing to use Parcel Motel for their Christmas shopping. In the meantime, you can register to use an alternative location and switch to a new location when it goes live.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement