Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just as an fyi to anyone who may be ordering anything off the nike website to be delivered to parcel motel. My order got cancelled with no notification and when I eventually got an order it was due to an unverifiable shipping address. This was for the the finglas depot, not the northern one by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Achilles wrote: »
    My card was the subject of fraud over the weekend and has had to be disabled. My account is set up as pay as you go. What happens if you receive something to drop to PM but there's no credit in the account?

Thanks Orla.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be reimbursed for any charges. If a parcel comes in for you and there's no credit, we'll send you a text to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Hi Orla

Is Parcel Motel not wide open to abuse by individuals involved in illegal activity who want to receive "packages" without having an address? What measures are in place to prevent this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be reimbursed for any charges. If a parcel comes in for you and there's no credit, we'll send you a text to let you know.

Ahh ok perfect, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

repsol wrote: »
    Hi Orla

Is Parcel Motel not wide open to abuse by individuals involved in illegal activity who want to receive "packages" without having an address? What measures are in place to prevent this?

their payment details, address, phone number are on record?

• Advertisement

Orla, any update on when Limerick will be added to the website? Have something I want to order which needs to be delivered before end of month to take advantage of a moneyback special offer, Wondering can I arrange to have it delivered to the limerick nightline depot now or do I need to wait for a parcelmotel to be switched on here. I'm very near the Chawkes station

zuroph wrote: »
    their payment details, address, phone number are on record?

A pay as you go credit card,pay as you go phone and an address that has been verified by what means?

A pay as you go credit card,pay as you go phone and an address that has been verified by what means?

point taken, but what different to anything else, for years people have been using fake addresses in apartment complexes to get parcels in. If all else fails, the cops could just wait and arrest the guy collecting the parcel.

point taken, but what different to anything else, for years people have been using fake addresses in apartment complexes to get parcels in. If all else fails, the cops could just wait and arrest the guy collecting the parcel.

Chances are they will use a minor on a bicycle to collect the gear.They use the same method to launder cash from raids which has dye marking on it.They get kids to run it through vending machines etc.If the cops catch the kid they can do nothing because of his age.

Orla, any update on when Limerick will be added to the website? Have something I want to order which needs to be delivered before end of month to take advantage of a moneyback special offer, Wondering can I arrange to have it delivered to the limerick nightline depot now or do I need to wait for a parcelmotel to be switched on here. I'm very near the Chawkes station

The Castletroy Parcel Motel is at the testing stage, hope to have it up and running by Wednesday, the others should be live this week too depending on testing going smoothly. We've just added 5 new live sites to the website, Trim, Naas, Kilmacanogue, Deansgrange and Blanchardstown :)

• Advertisement

Excellent, I'll hold off on it for a few days so

Hi Orla

By using sophisticated technology and checking methods, Parcel Motel has proven to be more reliable than conventional methods of delivery for dectecting and preventing fraudulent transactions and misuse of the service. In some situations (post registration) we ask the registered user for further evidence of identity and address. Until the user can be properly verified we suspend the user account and hold any incoming parcels. We have a very good working relationship with Customs and the Gardaí and we report any suspicious activity (thankfully we have had very few incidents to cause concern) to them immediately. We hope this addresses your very valid concern about this issue and gives you assurance that Parcel Motel is a very safe way to manage your online shopping deliveries.

Thanks for that response Orla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Got a text at 7am to tell me my package had arrived. Went down and collected it straight away. I had no problems with the touch screen. I have to give parcel motel 10/10 and will definitely use it again. Great job, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Hi Orla,

I ordered an item from Amazon last Monday and it has dispatched on a Tuesday. Usually when it coming directly to me it takes two days to arrive. It is an electronic item they would not ship to Ireland so I went through Northern Ireland.

It is a week later and it has not arrived and other items I ordered it the same time have arrived.

I have sent a message to Amazon to see it the problem is on their end. Is there a way for you to check on your end or will I go through the package motel website?

Any help would be appreciated,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dasama

First time to use P.M.what a brilliant idea,saved loads on p and p,cant wait to collect my first order,telling anyone who will listen about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Lucreto wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

I ordered an item from Amazon last Monday and it has dispatched on a Tuesday. Usually when it coming directly to me it takes two days to arrive. It is an electronic item they would not ship to Ireland so I went through Northern Ireland.

It is a week later and it has not arrived and other items I ordered it the same time have arrived.

I have sent a message to Amazon to see it the problem is on their end. Is there a way for you to check on your end or will I go through the package motel website?

Any help would be appreciated,

Not sure if it helps but I made my amazon order on the 13th and got it this morning, also an electronic item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Woddle wrote: »
    Not sure if it helps but I made my amazon order on the 13th and got it this morning, also an electronic item.

Hmm it dispatched on the 13th for me so it might be tomorrow then going by your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Untitled_223.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

good to hear but might be getting tight for the old Christmas shopping online,the sales may now be a safer bet,but good to hear a venue confirmed

• Advertisement

• Now Sligo has got a Parcel Motel location is running water and electricity next on the list guys?

Now Sligo has got a Parcel Motel location is running water and electricity next on the list guys?
    You couldn't be more wrung...

.. apologies for the spelling mistake but I'm typing by candlelight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Signed up their with the news of the Sligo motel. As its not on the list yet I assume I can change my preferred location as I just chose the first one to complete the sign up process.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Signed up their with the news of the Sligo motel. As its not on the list yet I assume I can change my preferred location as I just chose the first one to complete the sign up process.
    Yeah, you can indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

CORK UPDATE – some bad news and good news

Due to unforeseen delays with preparations at hosting retailer sites we have had to reschedule installations in Cork . The latest information we have is that these locations will be installed during week commencing 3rd December.

How long does installation take? Probably risky to depend on this being live in time for pre-xmas deliveries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Might as well get in on the act - Thurles or Portlaoise not on the drop down list

.....2 or 3 weeks I suppose as usual
    The midlands don't matter. They are only interested in those living in cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ah heyore...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Sligo's a massive city....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭prochida

Orla

I asked before but did not get a response.

Can the Nightline Depot in Little Island be used in Cork while you are waiting for the PMs to be set up

All you need to do is set it up as a "Motel" and recipients can use it to pick up during business hours.

Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

My oversized parcel (I bet it's Amazon after putting it in a ridiculously huge box!) has been sent to the place in Finglas.

Is this an automated place like the other parcel motels or is there a guy at a counter? Just want to know if I need to bring ID or anything with me. I'm gathering the usual 48 hours rule applies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement