Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Is Wexford gone off the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    That's why we get it shipped to Belfast
    Belfast, you say! Go on... :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sonyboy

VanZan wrote: »

yep, you're right they are the lockers I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I really dont understand the placement of the Cork Motels, Obviously Middleton and Ballincollig are to cater for people from those areas only. But the Leitrim St motel and New Mallow road motel are about 2 miles from each other on the Northside of the city, One motel in this area would have catered for the whole Northside of the city.

Why didnt you place any motels on the south side of the city? There are NUMEROUS topaz garages around. A good 2 thirds of the city have been alienated from using your services. I was shocked none were placed in the Douglas Topaz or the Kinsale Road Roundabout Topaz. Douglas being the most populous suburb of Cork and the Kinsale Road Roundabout being the most used junction in Ireland outside of Dublin (Think of the commuting traffic that could stop by and pick up their parcel)

As someone said above, this is a service and not an entitlement but IMO it would have been good business practice to provide for all geographic areas of Cork city. I really hope some more motels become available in Cork, I wouldnt imagine too many people on the southside using the service when their nearest motels are at least a 20minute car journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Hogzy wrote: »
    I really dont understand the placement of the Cork Motels, Obviously Middleton and Ballincollig are to cater for people from those areas only. But the Leitrim St motel and New Mallow road motel are about 2 miles from each other on the Northside of the city, One motel in this area would have catered for the whole Northside of the city.

Why didnt you place any motels on the south side of the city? There are NUMEROUS topaz garages around. A good 2 thirds of the city have been alienated from using your services. I was shocked none were placed in the Douglas Topaz. Its the most populous suburb of Cork.

As someone said above, this is a service and not an entitlement but IMO it would have been good business practice to provide for all geographic areas of Cork. I really hope some more motels become available in Cork, I wouldnt imagine too many people on the southside using the service when their nearest motels are at least a 20minute car journey.

True. The Mallow Road and Leitrim Street ones are both convenient for me, but I have to agree that it's strange choice to have two so close together and none on the southside at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Why didnt you place any motels on the south side of the city? There are NUMEROUS topaz garages around. A good 2 thirds of the city have been alienated from using your services. I was shocked none were placed in the Douglas Topaz. Its the most populous suburb of Cork.

As someone said above, this is a service and not an entitlement but IMO it would have been good business practice to provide for all geographic areas of Cork. I really hope some more motels become available in Cork, I wouldnt imagine too many people on the southside using the service when their nearest motels are at least a 20minute car journey.

Hopefully a few more in Cork will join the scheme eventually. I was wishing for a PM in the Frankfield Topaz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Hopefully a few more in Cork will join the scheme eventually. I was wishing for a PM in the Frankfield Topaz :(

As was I, It would have been a great selection considering the commuter traffic that passes through the Kinsale Road Roundabout.

That Topaz garage would have been a no brainer really. 50,000 cars pass through that roundabout per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hey Orla - I hope the bosses know you are on here evenings and weekends keeping the Boardsies up to date... you're doing a great job by the way, although in the internet age, everyone seems to think they deserve their answer straight away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Access wrote: »
    Cant understand why you are putting one in trim and not Navan? surely there would be more uptake in Navan being more populated... and there is already one in the road in Clonsilla one coming to Blanch and another up in Ashbourne.

Navan still in the pipeline, just waiting to confirm the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    That's why we get it shipped to Belfast

Indeed, I set up the newtownabbey address :D

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Hey Orla - I hope the bosses know you are on here evenings and weekends keeping the Boardsies up to date... you're doing a great job by the way, although in the internet age, everyone seems to think they deserve their answer straight away :)

Thanks for the kind words, the bosses are always watching :)

Why didnt you place any motels on the south side of the city? There are NUMEROUS topaz garages around. A good 2 thirds of the city have been alienated from using your services. I was shocked none were placed in the Douglas Topaz or the Kinsale Road Roundabout Topaz. Douglas being the most populous suburb of Cork and the Kinsale Road Roundabout being the most used junction in Ireland outside of Dublin (Think of the commuting traffic that could stop by and pick up their parcel)

As someone said above, this is a service and not an entitlement but IMO it would have been good business practice to provide for all geographic areas of Cork city. I really hope some more motels become available in Cork, I wouldnt imagine too many people on the southside using the service when their nearest motels are at least a 20minute car journey.

Thanks for the location suggestions. We plan to double the number of Parcel Motels during 2013 so this is just the beginning...

Is Wexford gone off the list?

No, still on the list just location not confirmed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Just wondering on the Ennis PM status Orla?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

One around the Wicklow Town area would be nice. Any plans in the pipeline?

Great service by the way. I'm using the Cornelscourt one as it's close to work but would like to see a Wicklow one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Batesy wrote: »
    One around the Wicklow Town area would be nice. Any plans in the pipeline?

Great service by the way. I'm using the Cornelscourt one as it's close to work but would like to see a Wicklow one.
    Kilmac should be handy if you're driving to wicklow from there

Thanks for clarifying that so quickly for me Orla. Can I ask just one other thing please? In Limerick there are two Topaz service stations on the Dock Road. Do you know which one PM will be using please? Thanks! :)

It's the first one on the Dock Rd, the smaller of the 2 Topaz garages. The other one is a Centra/Topaz. Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Wow .... must be working overtime. Got a text there just before 9pm to say my parcel was ready to be collected. Thought the texts normally come in about 7 or 7.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

As a non user of Parcel Motel all I can say is that is a silly post.
    I presume they can't turn up at the nearest Topaz and demand they stick a locker in there. Everything will have to be negotiated.

From following the thread I have to say fair play to Orla. Best PR person I have seen in nearly 30 years. Pity some other places don't take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hogzy wrote:

Ohh boo hoo... try and find another company that will offer a similar service within a 20 mile radius of where you live. Ohh yeah there are none...

As I keep having to say it's a service not an entitlement nobody is forcing you to use it. You should be happy enough that a company has had the forsight to provide such a service in the first place and be grateful for the freedom to be able to use that service. If that means you have to drive a mile or two out of your way to collect a package that they're going out of their way to hold for you for a surprisingly low fee then what right do you really have to complain?

Bloody hell I hate whingers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Picked up #8 this morning, think I'll give up on a mug now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I was going to ask them to put one in my front garden, as the one nearest to me is almost 600 metres from my house, although I do buy my petrol there sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I wouldnt imagine too many people on the southside using the service when their nearest motels are at least a 20minute car journey.

I did, several times in fact, but that was before they opened one in the garage 30 seconds from my house :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The PM coming to Kilkenny is only up the road from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

I picked up my parcel just a while ago from Donabate Topaz Lissenhall locker. All went smooth as usual.

However, I did notice that someone had parked their car right up to the locker, so close that if someone were there to try and collect from one of the lockers along the bottom right hand side, especially the bigger lockers, they wouldn't be able to - as the car would block the locker door from opening fully. There are pillions marking the end of the parking space, but this driver has obviously didn't see it, or ignored it. Just FYI.

PS: Just realised the seller had chopped off half my last name, and the PMID from the address!! Thank you Orla and team for linking it with my account without any delay what so ever. Of course, some credit goes to my very unique last name I would imagine.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Has anyone been out to Finglas to collect oversize packages?

I have been out there twice and both time have been left waiting over ten minutes each time while they retrieved my package.

The music/radio in the waiting room is alway blaring too.

Must caveat this by saying both times I collected was after 9pm.

I also am a huge fan of the regular service lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi Orla,

I received an email from Parcel Motel this morning about completing a survey - however in the subject title it included some other person's email address.

Can you confirm that this mail is from Parcel Motel and also why it has some other person's email address in the title?

Regards

Jenny

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi Orla,

I received an email from Parcel Motel this morning about completing a survey - however in the subject title it included some other person's email address.

Can you confirm that this mail is from Parcel Motel and also why it has some other person's email address in the title?

Regards

Jenny

Same here, I received the email too in the subject there was an email address, part of the email is oshea...m@gmail.com removed for security for the user of that address.

I did complete the survey only took a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

nava wrote: »

Same here, I received the email too in the subject there was an email address, part of the email is oshea...m@gmail.com removed for security for the user of that address.

Same here... same email address too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

nava wrote: »

Yep that would be my address, orla can you let me know why its showing up for other people and how many people its been sent on to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement