Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I did 2 surveys expect thats increased the odds of me not winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭stanley1

same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

lowelife wrote: »
    I did 2 surveys expect thats increased the odds of me not winning :)
    stanley1 wrote: »
    same here.

Ah sh1te. Here we go again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Any update on the location or dates that Athlone or Tullamore will be operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

Just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with this service, my sixth package is now in the post.

Keep up the good work guys,

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

siber wrote: »
    Any update on the location or dates that Athlone or Tullamore will be operating.

Hi Siber, no exact dates yet but we'll let you know as soon as we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Is this in Limerick yet? map on site says no

• Three locations by the end of the week mate. Caherdavin, Chawke's in Castletroy and Dock Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'm sorry, found the answer. See there's one going in up the road from me, delighted. Just wondering, if the parcel is oversized, but under 25kg, it can be collected from depot at no extra cost, does that include if I get it sent to limerick depot from finglas depot, or is there a surcharge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

If I buy a few items from amzon and one is from amazon itself and the other two are from a different seller, do they send out the items seperatly and if so dows each item sent count as a stay. So for 3 items would cost 3 x 3.50 using parcel motel ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

If I buy a few items from amzon and one is from amazon itself and the other two are from a different seller, do they send out the items seperatly and if so dows each item sent count as a stay. So for 3 items would cost 3 x 3.50 using parcel motel ?

Yes correct, but even if you buy 3 items from Amazon they might ship in 3 parcels, or in a oversize box, you never know how they will post with amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Hi Orla

When are you opening in Castlebar, I need to order a Nexus 7 32GB??

Loving the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Caseys Roscommon Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Another happy customer here - picked up my first 2 parcels today.. thanks Parcel Motel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

Yet another happy customer here. Collected two parcels already and another two due.
    It provides a sense of certainty and reassurance due to the text message service and the fact that one can collect at ones leisure and that its not left outside or with a neighbour etc.

Keep up the good work.

I do hope the service doesn't degrade over time though, as with many other successful businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I know this sounds bad but I'm waiting for vandals to realise that these things are everywhere now and start smashing them up / graffitiing the crap out of them. Surprised it hasn't already started happening to be honest with you.

I hope it never does though.

• Yes the knacker factor occurred to me too. Hopefully since they're at most service stations and usually they'll have CCTV then we'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm stealing the term 'knacker factor'... I hope that's ok with you. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Achilles wrote: »
    I know this sounds bad but I'm waiting for vandals to realise that these things are everywhere now and start smashing them up / graffitiing the crap out of them. Surprised it hasn't already started happening to be honest with you.

I hope it never does though.

Well the idea is that they are generally outside 24 hour garages so there would be a bit of security in that someone would always be around. Not that that in itself would completely stop vandals/thieves but it would help cut down on such activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

Got my first parcel delivered today and can't fault the service. Package was delivered to the depot in Northern Ireland yestday at 11.30 am and got text this morning that it was ready for collection and picked it up before 8 am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

I've had a few deliverys to one motel with no problems. Needed to change to a different motel which worked out better. Its great to be able to change to different places easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

What an extraordinary thread, a paragon of viral marketing for Parcel Motel and very well supported by Orla of that parish. I do hope OP swampy353 has been suitably "thanked" by the company!

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

:D See Dundalk has gotten a parcel motel.... Topaz station on dublin road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

This sounds really good and Ive signed up. Just wondering what kind of things do people buy that they wouldnt normally be able to? Just examples. Ive bought from Amazon the past few years but have always been able to get it sent here. Just curious if yee dont mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

snowgal wrote: »
    This sounds really good and Ive signed up. Just wondering what kind of things do people buy that they wouldnt normally be able to? Just examples. Ive bought from Amazon the past few years but have always been able to get it sent here. Just curious if yee dont mind!

Think its more to do with cost as opposed to 'can't'

For example a toy set we're buying from US amazon is $7 postage to UK or $17 to Ireland.

Lots of amazon.co.uk stuff may have free postage to UK address. Even with the €3.50 parcel chrge you're saving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

snowgal wrote: »

They will not ship to Ireland some products sold on amazon and by some amazon marketplace sellers, such as Kindle, Kindle Fire, some watches etc etc. but Northern ireland is OK!

• snowgal wrote: »
    Play and eBuyer usually do decent deals and won't send here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Anyone spotted the Limerick ones yet? I was in the Topaz in Caherdavin today, the one near Ivans and the Jetland Shopping Center.

They said if they were getting a PM then it was the first heard of it. They told me there were another one or two Topaz nearby but I don't think there Caherdavin area. I thought the Limerick ones were being done this week.

• I rang Chawke's in Castletroy last night and when I mentioned parcel lockers he asked "Have you got the right number"? Undeterred I rang Topaz Dock Road an hour ago and initially got the same response. When I explained things he did know about them and said "Not Yet" unfortunately. They're leaving it late alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Herrick wrote: »
    Anyone spotted the Limerick ones yet? I was in the Topaz in Caherdavin today, the one near Ivans and the Jetland Shopping Center.

They said if they were getting a PM then it was the first heard of it. They told me there were another one or two Topaz nearby but I don't think there Caherdavin area. I thought the Limerick ones were being done this week.

Limerick, Cork, Thurles and Letterkenny are due to land at sites next week. The go live will be shortly after that when testing/commissioning is completed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement