Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

just to let people know,ive read a few posts about orders from amazon uk ,i have ordered a few things in the past few days and no problems with the deliverys to my n.i address.also ive noticed if you shop on ebay uk,they are linking your account with a nectar card,if you do shopping on that,and have a nectar card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Any idea when this service is coming to Tralee and Killarney? I've a good lot of stuff to order from the UK and would hold off ordering it if I knew when Parcel Motel were coming. The rep here alluded they were expanding soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    Just placed my first order to be sent to Parcel Motel , hope all goes well :)

Just got an email that my parcel has arrived , Hubby's going to pick it up on his way home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Got the email to collect my 2nd parcel. Only ordered it on Tuesday. Very fast again

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

Any plans for a collection point in Portlaoise. It seems like the next obvious location after newnridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

pissed wrote: »
    Was expecting a parcel from an Amazon marketplace seller with delivery date up to the 30th (this morning) no text from Parcel Motel .... should I start worrying :confused:. This is my second order using parcel Motel and the first one went without a hitch but was sold by Amazon itself.

Well my parcel seems to have disappeared. I contacted the seller to check the address they sent it to and it matches my parcel motel one. They have agreed to send me out a replacement so fingers crossed this turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

pissed wrote: »

Well my parcel seems to have disappeared. I contacted the seller to check the address they sent it to and it matches my parcel motel one. They have agreed to send me out a replacement so fingers crossed this turns up.

Sorry to go slightly off topic..........
    I didn't go through parcel motel but im having the same problem regarding an Amazon order, if it doesn't arrive by today they will send out a replacement or refund me. Their FB page contains lots of complaints regarding non delivery in the last couple of weeks too. I was thinking the delay was this side of the Irish sea but i'm not so sure now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

pbergin wrote: »
    Any plans for a collection point in Portlaoise. It seems like the next obvious location after newnridge.

There is one going into portlaoise not sure where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Made my first collection today. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

i know they may wanna keep this under wraps,but im parcel to a bit of gossip,driving by the texaco garage out in blanchardstown corporate park,i see things under wraps,id say it must be a parcel motel locker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

i know they may wanna keep this under wraps,but im parcel to a bit of gossip,driving by the texaco garage out in blanchardstown corporate park,i see things under wraps,id say it must be a parcel motel locker.

Parcels on the brain hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

6 deliveries so far-have to say it's a godsend. Another 2 parcels due into me. sofar so good.

I collected my first order last night and was delighted with the service so today I tried to place an order on Game.co.uk to be delivered to Parcel Motel as there was free express one day delivery to UK addresses. All went fine and the order was confirmed but later I got an email to say my order had been cancelled as my credit card billing address was outside the UK.

Does anyone know a way around this , please.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I collected my first order last night and was delighted with the service so today I tried to place an order on Game.co.uk to be delivered to Parcel Motel as there was free express one day delivery to UK addresses. All went fine and the order was confirmed but later I got an email to say my order had been cancelled as my credit card billing address was outside the UK.

Does anyone know a way around this , please.

Is your billing address in Game.co.uk in Ireland if so can you edit it and change it to the Parcel Motel address? I think some shops are able to check if the billing address is correct but worth a try.

nava wrote: »
    Is your billing address in Game.co.uk in Ireland if so can you edit it and change it to the Parcel Motel address? I think some shops are able to check if the billing address is correct but worth a try.

I tried this but it came back as not being the address for the card

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Call your bank and get the parcel motel address down on your account as an authorised address and see if that works?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I created a new account using the UK NI address and was able to add a Net+ (prepaid mastercard) and place an order without any problems, will need to cancel the order now if I can find how before they charge me for it.

nava wrote: »
    I created a new account using the UK NI address and was able to add a Net+ (prepaid mastercard) and place an order without any problems, will need to cancel the order now if I can find how before they charge me for it.

The order did go through without any problems but I got an email 4 hours later saying the order had been cancelled as the billing address was not the one associated with the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Your billing address can be different to your delivery address on most websites though...

Achilles wrote: »
    Your billing address can be different to your delivery address on most websites though...
    Just not the one I want to order from :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hey Orla, just wondering about oversized packages. If I order something that's obviously too big, like a 50 inch tv, with the intention of picking it up in Finglas, is that ok if I pay the extra, or is it bad form? Dont want to take the piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hey Orla, just wondering about oversized packages. If I order something that's obviously too big, like a 50 inch tv, with the intention of picking it up in Finglas, is that ok if I pay the extra, or is it bad form? Dont want to take the piss!

We'd just like to clarify our position on some of the points raised in this thread. If an item is oversized but less than 25kgs (actual or dimenstional weight) it can be collected from our depot in Finglas (and soon our other depots nationwide) at no additional charge. In the case being discussed here the user could have picked up the parcel for the standard €3.50 charge (or free if there are still free credits on the customer account).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Don't call me Orla*, but from reading the thread and the relevant info. on www.parcelmotel.com you can do that OK. The extra charge (if any) varies by size and/or weight (bit of a formula to calculate 'equivalent weight' or whatever they call it for over-size packages).

* Early! Well it is the weekend.....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

When the hell is this going to expand to the rest of the country. Parcel motel made an announcement months ago that they would be expanding but nothing has happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

jamescd wrote: »

Dimensional weight on a 50 inch TV will be huge. I wouldn't recommend it, you'll be paying 10 - 15 euro extra easily.

Hogzy wrote: »
    When the hell is this going to expand to the rest of the country. Parcel motel made an announcement months ago that they would be expanding but nothing has happened yet.
    I think the new locations should be opening between November 5 and November 12? That's according to the last update from Orla anyway. If they have any good business sense at all they'll get them open for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

Dimensional weight on a 50 inch TV will be huge. I wouldn't recommend it, you'll be paying 10 - 15 euro extra easily.

I've considered this in the past.

For example, if you take this LG 47" TV as a sample, Amazon doesn't mention the packaging sizes, but after some googling, it appears to be 35 x 109 x 65.5 cms.

And Parcel Motel's Dimension Weight Calculator is this:

(Length X Width X Height in cm) / 3000 = Dimensional Weight

Applying that to the above, you would get a dimensional weight of 83.

So if you were to collect from Parcel Motels' Finglas depot, it would be the standard €3.50 + €3.50 * 6 = €24.50 total.

If you want it delivered to your address, it would be the standard €3.50 + supplement of €10.50 + €7 * 6 = €56.00 total.

So in short, if you see a good TV deal on Amazon, and if no one locally can match that offer, and if Amazon won't ship to the Republic, it would make sense it get it thru Parcel Motel, depending on how good the original deal is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hogzy wrote: »

There'll be some new Parcel Motels going live in the next 2 weeks. We'll be updating our Facebook and Twitter as each one goes live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

This is ok with us. Just be aware that the dimensional weight (or space this item takes up) is most likely to be over 25kgs. To calculate the dimensional weight multiply the length by the width by the height of the packaging in cm, then divide by 3000. Full information on oversize charges can be found here https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

A long wait (and empty promises) for new motels but can't be too much longer. Will be worth it once in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement