Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

positron wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it would take for a package to make it's way from NewtownAbbey to a parcel motel in North Dublin? I can see my account has been debited this morning, but hasn't seen any text messages yet. I assume PM debits the account as soon as they receive a package at either of the depots. now I am just wondering how it gets routed and how long it would before it makes it's way to the lockers around Dublin.

You'll have a text in the morning or this evening if you're lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Pj! wrote: »
    Great stuff Orla.

Quick question. If us country folk receive an oversized package will it be sent to Finglas or are there other depots around the country where we could pick it up from?

Initially, the oversized items will arrive in Finglas, but we can forward to one our regional depots in Cork, Limerick, Waterford, Galway, Tralee, Sligo for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Tralee.....????

Orla...where is that located in Tralee??? Must have missed that on your website!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

maximoose wrote: »
    You'll have a text in the morning or this evening if you're lucky

Thanks guys. I was hoping to pick it up on the way home to Drogheda, but nothing so far. Tomorrow it is so.

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Tralee.....????

Orla...where is that located in Tralee??? Must have missed that on your website!!

It's a new depot in Monavalley Industrial Estate. We'll update our site when it's officially open.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ParcelMotel is coming to Galway! Much excitement :D
    And may I add a very good station to pick, very convienent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

snubbleste wrote: »
    ParcelMotel is coming to Galway! Much excitement :D
    And may I add a very good station to pick, very convienent.

Yea if you're in ucg or the hospital :rolleyes:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yea if you're in ucg or the hospital :rolleyes:
    Exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

One in Roscommon Town and none in Athlone,

Athlone has 4 to 5 times the population of Roscommon,
    Monksland on the West Side of Athlone is the largest urban area in the entire county of Roscommon !! Including Roscommon Town Itself :rolleyes:

The wait is finally over! Parcel Motels have started to arrive all over the country! Here's the installation schedule but please be aware that some of these dates could vary slightly depending on site preparations

This week: Blanchardstown Texaco, Deansgrange Texaco, Merrion Gates Texaco, Charlestown Shopping Centre Finglas, Kilmacanogue Topaz, The Goat Goatstown, Dundalk Topaz,Trim Texaco, Naas Tpoaz, Downey's Texaco Portlaoise.

Week ending 9th November: New Mallow Rd Cork, Leitrim St Topaz Cork, Midleton Topaz Cork, Ballincollig Topaz Cork, Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick, Aherne's Topaz Thurles.

Week ending 16th November: Greenlane Topaz Carlow, Waterford Rd Topaz Kilkenny, Dunmore Rd Topaz Waterford, Cork Rd Topaz Waterford, Longford Texaco, Casey's Topaz Roscommon, Newcastle Topaz Galway City, Kelly's Centra Letterkenny.

Happy shopping everybody! :D:D:D

I'm feeling a little silly here but isn't this week the week ending 9th November?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Has the proposed Navan motel been abandoned?

Has the proposed Navan motel been abandoned?

You can rest assured that Navan is still in the pipeline we're just waiting to finalise the site details. We'll let you know as soon as we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Wexford town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

You can rest assured that Navan is still in the pipeline we're just waiting to finalise the site details. We'll let you know as soon as we know.

Thanks Orla.

I'm feeling a little silly here but isn't this week the week ending 9th November?

I'm feeling a little silly too :). By "this week", I meant these are already in situ. Week ending the 9th are being installed between now and Friday and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I got an oversized package text today which explains the 10.50 debit from my account.

To get this forwarded its going to cost a further 10.50 + 7 oversize fee, is that right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

It's a new depot in Monavalley Industrial Estate. We'll update our site when it's officially open.

Sweet, this will save me a fortune on UK shipping costs! Do please notify us of when it is ready ASAP! My poor credit card won't like this! :pac:

I'm feeling a little silly too :). By "this week", I meant these are already in situ. Week ending the 9th are being installed between now and Friday and so on...
    Thanks for clarifying that so quickly for me Orla. Can I ask just one other thing please? In Limerick there are two Topaz service stations on the Dock Road. Do you know which one PM will be using please? Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just registered and ordered stuff they would not ship outside the UK :rolleyes:, looking forward to using the service :)

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I got an oversized package text today which explains the 10.50 debit from my account.

To get this forwarded its going to cost a further 10.50 + 7 oversize fee, is that right?

Please PM me your PMID and I'll check this for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sonyboy

The wait is finally over! Parcel Motels have started to arrive all over the country! Here's the installation schedule but please be aware that some of these dates could vary slightly depending on site preparations

This week: Blanchardstown Texaco, Deansgrange Texaco, Merrion Gates Texaco, Charlestown Shopping Centre Finglas, Kilmacanogue Topaz, The Goat Goatstown, Dundalk Topaz,Trim Texaco, Naas Tpoaz, Downey's Texaco Portlaoise.

Week ending 9th November: New Mallow Rd Cork, Leitrim St Topaz Cork, Midleton Topaz Cork, Ballincollig Topaz Cork, Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick, Aherne's Topaz Thurles.

Week ending 16th November: Greenlane Topaz Carlow, Waterford Rd Topaz Kilkenny, Dunmore Rd Topaz Waterford, Cork Rd Topaz Waterford, Longford Texaco, Casey's Topaz Roscommon, Newcastle Topaz Galway City, Kelly's Centra Letterkenny.

Happy shopping everybody! :D:D:D

Seems strange that parcel motel is already in situ in topaz sligo but is not scheduled to be commisioned yet

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sonyboy wrote: »
    Seems strange that parcel motel is already in situ in topaz sligo but is not scheduled to be commisioned yet
    Orla / Parcel Motel did acknowledge this on Facebook.. reply is below:
    Sligo still in the pipeline there's just a slight delay with the site preparation. We'll know more in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just picked up my first oversized package, a pretty big poster. €3.50 for the stay and the short drive to Finglas vs the €12 for postage to Ireland, ohhhhhhhhhh I love Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Any plans for one in Kerry?

That's not a Parcel Motel I'm afraid. Parcel Motels are big and green like the one in this pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

there are issues with the Topaz Sligo site,is it a case now there looking for alternative site?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sonyboy

That's not a Parcel Motel I'm afraid. Parcel Motels are big and green like the one in this pic.

Sorry for the misinformation in that case. Lockers i was looking at were blue in colour, but apart from that looked pretty similar to the parcel motel ones. I need to check my facts a bit better in future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

CombatCow wrote: »
    Just registered and ordered stuff they would not ship outside the UK :rolleyes:, looking forward to using the service :)
    That's why we get it shipped to Belfast

Sorry for the misinformation in that case. Lockers i was looking at were blue in colour, but apart from that looked pretty similar to the parcel motel ones. I need to check my facts a bit better in future :)

Think I made the same mistake for Limerick:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81449193&postcount=1301

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Cant understand why you are putting one in trim and not Navan? surely there would be more uptake in Navan being more populated... and there is already one in the road in Clonsilla one coming to Blanch and another up in Ashbourne.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement