Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

zuroph wrote: »
    ust wondering, if the parcel is oversized, but under 25kg, it can be collected from depot at no extra cost, does that include if I get it sent to limerick depot from finglas depot, or is there a surcharge?

hi Orla, bumping this question for you...
    also, where IS the limerick depot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

zuroph wrote: »
    hi Orla, bumping this question for you...
    also, where IS the limerick depot?

Yes, you'll be able to collect at our Limerick depot for no extra charge. The Nightline Limerick depot is in Crossagalla Industrial Estate, Ballysimon Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

That's fantastic, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    :D See Dundalk has gotten a parcel motel.... Topaz station on dublin road

Still says none available on the pm website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Great service- Just wondering when we can send via parcel Motel. I read it was something in the pipeline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Great service- Just wondering when we can send via parcel Motel. I read it was something in the pipeline?

That would be fantastic alright... I also got a question in the survey about companies having a 'deliver to parcelmotel' option, straight to your PMID.

That would also be handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was answered somewhere in here, hopefully implemented by the new year I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paul-M

When trying to order from Uniqlo in the UK I came across this warning;

Currently we do not deliver anywhere outside the UK and unfortunately no exceptions can be made. However, we are hoping to expand our shipping options to include Mainland Europe in the very near future. We also reserve the right not to deliver orders if we believe the address is not secure, for example, to a communal postal address or PO Box. If this affects an order you place, we will notify you as soon as possible.

Has anyone come across this before and would it mean ordering through Parcel Motel would not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

Hi Orla,

Just collected my first parcel from the motel. Excellent service and really impressed. Keep up the great work.
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Think it would be a good idea to make smaller motels for the smaller towns that won't need the big lockers this way people wouldn't need to travel that far to the nearest one,closest one to me is 20 mins away and the portlaoise one will be 15 mins.Think a small motel in portarlington would be used as it's a big enough town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Think it would be a good idea to make smaller motels for the smaller towns that won't need the big lockers this way people wouldn't need to travel that far to the nearest one,closest one to me is 20 mins away and the portlaoise one will be 15 mins.Think a small motel in portarlington would be used as it's a big enough town.

I doubt the cost of the locker is the driver of the decisions as to where lockers are located.

Its the amount of traffic you can expect the lockers to use to make it worthwhile having deliveries made.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Limerick, Cork, Thurles and Letterkenny are due to land at sites next week. The go live will be shortly after that when testing/commissioning is completed.

What happened to "Week ending 9th November: New Mallow Rd Cork, Leitrim St Topaz Cork, Midleton Topaz Cork, Ballincollig Topaz Cork, Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick, Aherne's Topaz Thurles. " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

BroLo wrote: »
    What happened to "Week ending 9th November: New Mallow Rd Cork, Leitrim St Topaz Cork, Midleton Topaz Cork, Ballincollig Topaz Cork, Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick, Aherne's Topaz Thurles. " ?

Ah, misunderstood.

Paul-M wrote: »
    When trying to order from Uniqlo in the UK I came across this warning;

Currently we do not deliver anywhere outside the UK and unfortunately no exceptions can be made. However, we are hoping to expand our shipping options to include Mainland Europe in the very near future. We also reserve the right not to deliver orders if we believe the address is not secure, for example, to a communal postal address or PO Box. If this affects an order you place, we will notify you as soon as possible.

Has anyone come across this before and would it mean ordering through Parcel Motel would not work?
    Order it to their UK address.

Also rtfm. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Achilles wrote: »
    Order it to their UK address.

Also rtfm. :-)

I would imagine that he is referring to them not delivering to the NI address?

or maybe they consider it a 'communal postal address'.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 teatreeshamble

@Parcel Motel: Orla: I had goods shipped to UK parcelmotel address. My account got credit deducted this morning. Can I expect the package in my Dublin parcelmotel this evening or tomorrow? Or are deliveries to ParcelMotel from UK Mon - Fri?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 teatreeshamble

@Parcel Motel: Orla: I had goods shipped to UK parcelmotel address. My account got credit deducted this morning. Can I expect the package in my Dublin parcelmotel this evening or tomorrow? Or are deliveries to ParcelMotel from UK Mon - Fri?

Just found this response to similar earlier in thread:
    We're like a real motel, we're always open for business smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paul-M

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would imagine that he is referring to them not delivering to the NI address?

or maybe they consider it a 'communal postal address'.

Exactly, is a Parcel Motel considered the same as a PO box or communal postal address and as such couldn't be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Guys what's the deal if an e bay seller won't post to Ireland how do I get an address activated ie through my pay pal thank you

bewhiched wrote: »
    Guys what's the deal if an e bay seller won't post to Ireland how do I get an address activated ie through my pay pal thank you

Have you signed up to Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement

• bewhiched wrote: »
    Just add the address to eBay. You don't have to do anything to PayPal.

Yes about two months ago thank you

Brilliant now since I registered the uk address changed I think how do I find the new one thanks very much

• You delete "Mallusk" and the postcode is now BT36 4PE.

Hi ya I just seen it on there web site so is that the address I use sorry for sounding stupid thanks again just don't want to make a mistake on it

• Yes that's the address you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

From the email I received at the time
    Your Name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Your a star huge thank you guys fair play

• After you've added the address to eBay don't forget to make it your default postage address so the seller gets the right address! You've probably sussed it already but just in case.....

• Advertisement

Ohhhh I will wouldn't have known this thanks a million again that's great il do that tomorrow when I'm finished work il let ya know how I get on thanks so much again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement