Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

warmblood wrote: »
    hi orla trying to submit the nth of ire address but amazon want phone no included also before it accepts can you help
    denis

just put in your Irish number? Works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Was expecting a parcel from an Amazon marketplace seller with delivery date up to the 30th (this morning) no text from Parcel Motel .... should I start worrying :confused:. This is my second order using parcel Motel and the first one went without a hitch but was sold by Amazon itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

pissed wrote: »
    Was expecting a parcel from an Amazon marketplace seller with delivery date up to the 30th (this morning) no text from Parcel Motel .... should I start worrying :confused:. This is my second order using parcel Motel and the first one went without a hitch but was sold by Amazon itself.
    Has your account been debited?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Has your account been debited?

No not yet.

Doesn't sound like it's arrived then!

My paper white has just been despatched but the email shows the address as missing the PMID, I'll have to check that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Are things delayed due to the bank holiday?

UPS say they delivered my parcel yesterday morning but nothing from Parcel Motel yet, account hasn't been debited.
    (I know it's only one day, but it's something I need with some urgence)

Chet T16 wrote: »

My paper white has just been despatched but the email shows the address as missing the PMID, I'll have to check that out
    Looks like I let amazon save the suggested address which removed the PMID, one to watch out for

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Amazon deliveries seem to be a bit slow this past week, I ordered something with Super Saver Delivery and I normally get it after 3 days but it took over a week to arrive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Are things delayed due to the bank holiday?

UPS say they delivered my parcel yesterday morning but nothing from Parcel Motel yet, account hasn't been debited.
    (I know it's only one day, but it's something I need with some urgence)

Please PM me your PMID. Should be no delay due to Bank Holiday if it went to Antrim depot as there was no bank holiday there yesterday.

Please PM me your PMID. Should be no delay due to Bank Holiday if it went to Antrim depot as there was no bank holiday there yesterday.
    PM sent. Thank you, Orla!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

phasers wrote: »
    Amazon deliveries seem to be a bit slow this past week, I ordered something with Super Saver Delivery and I normally get it after 3 days but it took over a week to arrive!

Thank god, thought it was just my order (not via PM though). Estimated delivery date was last thursday but no sign of it yet, first time ever that an amazon order has arrived after the date they gave(for me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

received a letter today from parcel motel with a little credit card sized plastic card with my PMID

i wonder is it to do with the fact im in Cork and they are opening their motels here soon :confused:

either way handy thing for the wallet

BArra wrote: »
    received a letter today from parcel motel with a little credit card sized plastic card with my PMID

i wonder is it to do with the fact im in Cork and they are opening their motels here soon :confused:

either way handy thing for the wallet

Hi Barra. We send them out to all customers as a reminder of their PMID. They don't have a function only to remind people of their PMID and the Parcel Motel addresses. Glad you think it's handy as that's the idea! You're right, Parcel Motels will be arriving in the rebel county this week.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Just an FYI the 'Amazon example' image -> http://parcelmotel.web20.redantdev.com/_assets/images/Amazon-Addresses.jpg <- is still for the old address with Mallusk in it.

• Site Banned Posts: 42 MikeMichael

Just an FYI the 'Amazon example' image -> http://parcelmotel.web20.redantdev.com/_assets/images/Amazon-Addresses.jpg <- is still for the old address with Mallusk in it.

Beware using amazon. They use all sorts of sizes of packages and you have no control over it so will ikely be charged massive delivery rates with parcel motel. They shouldn't really promote amazon with their service, very disingenous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EDIT: Nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Beware using amazon. They use all sorts of sizes of packages and you have no control over it so will ikely be charged massive delivery rates with parcel motel. They shouldn't really promote amazon with their service, very disingenous.

Bear in mind also that Amazon do sometimes ship stuff from Hong Kong which could be caught by customs. Then PM will send it back to the shipper. The shipper is a third party store who sells through Amazon and god knows if you'll ever see any of your money back if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

When can I expect to receive my parcel?

UPS say they delivered my parcel yesterday afternoon to the Dublin offices but nothing from Parcel Motel yet, my account hasn't been debited.

Im hoping to recieve my parcel ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

Hi orla,

Where in ballincollig cork is the parcel motel going to be? Hopefully you will say applegreen as its beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I have used it for Amazon items with no issues, mostly smaller items so I don't think blaming PM for a problem with Amazon packaging makes a lot of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

eamonnq wrote: »
    I have used it for Amazon items with no issues, mostly smaller items so I don't think blaming PM for a problem with Amazon packaging makes a lot of sense.

Same here. I've used it for Amazon goods too and I have to say I'm very impressed with the service. I was notified by text and email that my parcels were ready for collection on a Saturday evening at 9pm and on a Monday morning at 4am. You could get your parcel at any time!

Great service.

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Hi Barra. We send them out to all customers as a reminder of their PMID. They don't have a function only to remind people of their PMID and the Parcel Motel addresses. Glad you think it's handy as that's the idea! You're right, Parcel Motels will be arriving in the rebel county this week.;)

Where abouts will they be opening in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Have just used service for second time; encountered some difficulties, completely of my own making as I used wrong PM ID no. when ordering goods from Amazon.

I contacted Parcel Motel Customer Service yesterday at lunchtime to see if they could assist, and they were fantastic, tracking my parcel (with wrong address) and getting it to my local Parcel Motel for collection this morning.

Superb customer service, many thanks to Ruth in Parcel Motel.

Had a problem with a parcel not being delivered but Orla sorted me right out!
    (the company that sent the package not only forgot the PMID but used the wrong name, oy)

Amazing service, they made a customer out of me!

brennarr wrote: »
    When can I expect to receive my parcel?

UPS say they delivered my parcel yesterday afternoon to the Dublin offices but nothing from Parcel Motel yet, my account hasn't been debited.

Im hoping to recieve my parcel ASAP.

Please PM me your PMID and I will check this for you.

Do pickup messages go out on Saturdays?

Have a parcel I'm expecting will arrive into NI depot tomorrow morning, so probably down to my hotel Fri night and hoping I can collect it Sat!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

maximoose wrote: »
    Do pickup messages go out on Saturdays?

Have a parcel I'm expecting will arrive into NI depot tomorrow morning, so probably down to my hotel Fri night and hoping I can collect it Sat!

Yes they do, even last weekend a parcel was received in North address on Sunday and was deliver to my Parcel Motel on Bank Holiday Monday :D

nava wrote: »
    Yes they do, even last weekend a parcel was received in North address on Sunday and was deliver to my Parcel Motel on Bank Holiday Monday :D

We're like a real motel, we're always open for business :)

Excellent, I love this service :)

• Advertisement

My kindle paperwhite arrived today, despite not having the PMID. I emailed as soon as i realised so someone must have sorted it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement