Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Thats exactly what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Account was debited at about 4pm and the parcel was in the motel in Dublin 15 at midnight that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cheers parcel motel :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Random wrote: »
    cheers parcel motel :-)

Howd ya blag that stuff ???

they must have seen my big order of coffee beans going through and decided i needed a new mug !

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

they must have seen my big order of coffee beans going through and decided i needed a new mug !

:-)

I've used Parcel motel lots of times now and haven't got a mug :(

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Just received my kindle fire hd this morning through PM. Thanks guys and its a fantastic service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Me too. I sense they are giving stuff to the mods for free here :D

I want mugs/tshirts/mousepads :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    Just received my kindle fire hd this morning through PM. Thanks guys and its a fantastic service.

Where did you order that from? Amazon.co.uk? Are they in stock now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd also be interested to know any information regarding the Galway depot.

+1 on this, I need to buy a Kindle dammit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

spockety wrote: »
    Where did you order that from? Amazon.co.uk? Are they in stock now?
    Hi yeah I got it from the .co.uk site. Saves on the customs charges from the states. Released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Just picked up my Kindle paperwhite. Got the email last night and text this morning. Ordered of amazon.co.uk

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

nava wrote: »
    Yes you should get email (check spam) over nite, and a txt at 7am

Success! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Have sent an email and PM through here about a package of mine that was said to be too large nearly 2 weeks ago. I sent a query to recheck size as I had received the same thing a week before and was able to collect in a motel no problem (although from a different supplier so could be packaged differently)

Still waiting for a reply...................... PM ID PM19372

Out of the country so haven't rang but would expect a response by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does anyone know how i can order a 32 inch TV from Amazon?

• Product Dimensions: 50.3 x 7.4 x 79.5 cm ; 8 Kg
    • Boxed-product Weight: 11 Kg
    Can i order that? I remember reading somewhere a while ago, that it would go to their Finglas Centre at no extra charge. Does that still apply?

Their largest Motel Room
    The Suite (large) 41 X 38 X 64 cm

is too small i presume..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Allyall wrote: »
    Does anyone know how i can order a 32 inch TV from Amazon?
    • Product Dimensions: 50.3 x 7.4 x 79.5 cm ; 8 Kg
    • Boxed-product Weight: 11 Kg
    Can i order that? I remember reading somewhere a while ago, that it would go to their Finglas Centre at no extra charge. Does that still apply?

Their largest Motel Room
    The Suite (large) 41 X 38 X 64 cm

is too small i presume..
    No, you'll be charged a fee to store that in their Finglas centre - see here!

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong.. once it's under 20KG, you can collect it from their centre and just pay the original charge.

But there's a good chance Amazon will ship a 32" TV here... depending on weight.

Wouldn't recommend going down the Parcel Motel route for something that size.

Basq wrote: »

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong.. once it's under 20KG, you can collect it from their centre and just pay the original charge.

But there's a good chance Amazon will ship a 32" TV here... depending on weight.

Unfortunately, Amazon won't deliver this.. LG TV It's for my Sisters birthday, and it's already a little more then i had intended to spend. Richersounds have it for €286 but that's way over what i had intended.
    Where dimensional weight exceeds actual weight you will be charged based on the dimensional weight of your parcel. To calculate the dimensional weight of your parcel(s) multiply the dimensions of each parcel in cm then divide by 3000.
    Dimensional weight example calculation
    Length X Width X Height in cm = Dimensional Weight
    For example, if you collect an oversized parcel weighing 20kgs from the Nightline Finglas depot, you will not have to pay anything other than the original Parcel Motel charge of €3.50.
    If you collect an oversized parcel weighing 30kgs you will be charged €7.00

The TV is only 11kg boxed, so will i only be charged €3.50?

Just noticed your edit, so it'll be normal price? Cool.. Thanks Basq.. Ordering now.

Krud..

They won't ship to Parcel Motel Address Either.. :(

Guess i'll be looking elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Anyone been able to buy from Tesco direct, just had my order cancelled

Two orders (Refurbished Laptops) from Tesco direct cancelled last week. They seem to be slowly blocking Parcel Motel..? I hope not.

I initially thought maybe the first one had sold out, but i just hadn't read the email properly. They couldn't deliver to that address..
    I can maybe understand some shops that have branches over here, not wanting to compete against themselves. But i don't get why Tesco direct, and some Amazon sellers don't ship to PM.. It's not the WEEE, is it? They wouldn't have to pay that if shipping to N.I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm getting a kindle paperwhite sent to Newbridge. Is there a way of just getting it sent to my house in Kilkenny instead of me having to go up to Newbridge to collect it?

I'm getting a kindle paperwhite sent to Newbridge. Is there a way of just getting it sent to my house in Kilkenny instead of me having to go up to Newbridge to collect it?

From the Link Basq posted above - LINK
    Delivery to an alternative address-
    Any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland. International prices available - please call 1890 24 17 17 for quote.
    Under 25kgs - A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €3.50 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.00 in total per parcel.
    Over 25kgs - A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €3.50 Parcel Motel charge plus €7.00 per 10kgs (over the 25kgs) or part thereof per parcel.

@orla parcel motel

why do i get email so much before sms? why cant you send out sms at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Basq wrote: »

DOES THE 2 DAY RULE APPLY TO THE DEPOT TOO?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

why cant you send out sms at the same time?

Im pretty sure she answered this earlier in the thread, and it was to avoid waking people up :pac:

Davy wrote: »
    Im pretty sure she answered this earlier in the thread, and it was to avoid waking people up :pac:
    i must have missed the reply so. i want an optional "the sound of a text wont wake me up so tell me about the parcel" option. although i got an email about 9pm and did not get sms until the next morning. i do not think 9pm is an unreasonable time to text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

i must have missed the reply so. i want an optional "the sound of a text wont wake me up so tell me about the parcel" option. although i got an email about 9pm and did not get sms until the next morning. i do not think 9pm is an unreasonable time to text.
    i dont praise things. i bitch and i moan and i rant.
    :pac::pac::pac::p

I kid, I kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Silly question. Does the name on the parcel coming into Parcel Motel matter? Or is the sorting entirely based on the PMID alone? Or in other words, what happens if I order something to ParcelMotel with some other name, but my own PMID. Would it still come to me as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

positron wrote: »
    Silly question. Does the name on the parcel coming into Parcel Motel matter? Or is the sorting entirely based on the PMID alone? Or in other words, what happens if I order something to ParcelMotel with some other name, but my own PMID. Would it still come to me as normal?

Why would you even want to do that ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

positron wrote: »

Orla said on earlier post that name and PMID must be specified. I assumed a reason to match both is that if someone wants to play around places lots of orders of free catalogues, leaflets, etc to a fake name on a valid PM id it will cause that person to be charge for stuff that never ordered, or if someone placing a valid order and mistype the PMid will cause that PMid been charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement