Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

helldesign wrote: »
    When I click on the Login or Register link in the Parcelmotel's website I get this message:

Is it just me or my browser is bugged? (I deleted my cookies btw)

Happening for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭helldesign

Happening for me too.

so I assume they have problems with their website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

404 for me logging in. They signed for my parcel Friday and still no update on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Amishh

As a customer who is waiting for a parcel to be delivered from NI since 23rd of December I Understand that there is only limited amount of lockers during this busy period, however, what I can't coop with is the fact that the depot was closed half day on 24th and 31st and stayed closed on 26th 27th, yesterday and it's still closed today. If PM wants to profit from a higher amount of parcels during the Christmas period why did they close their depots during the peak times? Well, it seems to me like PM prefers to save some coin on paying their Staff for extra hours over providing a good customer service instead. Another part of the story is complete ignorance and inability to give an honest information to their customers on social media sites.
    Showing only positive feedback on their twitter page is childish and extremely unprofessional. I'm definitely going to try their competitors next time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Who is an exact competitor though? I like them as I can pick it up any time day or night at a place close to me. With An Post I have to get to a post office during office hours which is weird. DPD give you options but my work does not allow me to get delivery to the office. Do they do evening deliveries?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Who is an exact competitor though? I like them as I can pick it up any time day or night at a place close to me. With An Post I have to get to a post office during office hours which is weird. DPD give you options but my work does not allow me to get delivery to the office. Do they do evening deliveries?

There isn't really.

Parcel Wizard and Parcel Connect allow you to pick up at shops, so maybe if your local is a late night opening or 24 hour.

An Post is post offices.

Parcel Motel is the only locker based service.

You can see an overview here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

helldesign wrote: »
    Is it just me or their website is bugged? (I deleted my browser cookies btw)

Happening me too and I still haven't received the PayPal refund I was told on the 22nd of December would be issued the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Kamili wrote: »
    Take a look at any of the last ten pages of this thread, their Facebook page or Twitter.. plenty of evidence there.

Thats pc/couch warrriors.. I mean proof they have lost customers. Like how many actually will leave despite saying so.Actions speak louder than words.

Amishh wrote: »
    As a customer who is waiting for a parcel to be delivered from NI since 23rd of December I Understand that there is only limited amount of lockers during this busy period, however, what I can't coop with is the fact that the depot was closed half day on 24th and 31st and stayed closed on 26th 27th, yesterday and it's still closed today. If PM wants to profit from a higher amount of parcels during the Christmas period why did they close their depots during the peak times? Well, it seems to me like PM prefers to save some coin on paying their Staff for extra hours over providing a good customer service instead. Another part of the story is complete ignorance and inability to give an honest information to their customers on social media sites.
    Showing only positive feedback on their twitter page is childish and extremely unprofessional. I'm definitely going to try their competitors next time.

If they where to operate longer on the days you mentioned that would be a cost to the company. They already have posted a clear timescale of operations on social and it was also placed here by a user so how is that dishonest. And finally If they where to operate on closed holidays they would be called hungry something that has been mentioned already when they dont get paid any extra for holding the packages, The customer gets charged once and only once if collected in the 48hr window. So that argument has no validity at all..

If PM wants to profit from a higher amount of parcels during the Christmas period why did they close their depots during the peak times?

They like any other company is entitled to holidays and not here to operate for people that like to nitpick... So you took no holidays then??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Amishh

Quote:
    They already have posted a clear timescale of operations on social and it was also placed here by a user so how is that dishonest.

Are you talking about the Timescale which they are clearly unable to fulfil? Please allow me to speak from my personal experience: a special delivery was collected and signed for on 23thrd and until this moment I have not received any notification.

If you read my post properly again you will see that I was mentioning ignoring of negative feedback Please have a look at their twitter page or facebook page and you will see what I mean.

They like any other company is entitled to holidays and not here to operate for people that like to nitpick... So you took no holidays then??

Actually I didn't :) as a matter of fact I've been working tChristmas for last decade. You see some people prefer time in lieu or extra pay instead of having forced hollidays through the part of the year with the shortest days and bad weather. From my professional experience, I would be extremely surprised if the majority of the PM staff was refusing to work for a double pay or extra time off.

No need to get aggressive my friend People have different opinions and expectations where someone sees annoyance you may see nitpicking. :)

• Advertisement

Amishh wrote: »
    Quote:
    They already have posted a clear timescale of operations on social and it was also placed here by a user so how is that dishonest.

Are you talking about the Timescale which they are clearly unable to fulfil? Please allow me to speak from my personal experience: a special delivery was collected and signed for on 23thrd and until this moment I have not received any notification.

If you read my post properly again you will see that I was mentioning ignoring of negative feedback Please have a look at their twitter page or facebook page and you will see what I mean.

Actually I didn't :) as a matter of fact I've been working tChristmas for last decade. You see some people prefer time in lieu or extra pay instead of having forced hollidays through the part of the year with the shortest days and bad weather. From my professional experience, I would be extremely surprised if the majority of the PM staff was refusing to work for a double pay or extra time off.

No need to get aggressive my friend People have different opinions and expectations where someone sees annoyance you may see nitpicking. :)

First of all there is not one iota of aggressive here but fact....
    If you are indeed working yourself you would find that working overtime is some cases is just not worth it because of the tax paid. Secondly due to how xmas fell this year it was bad timing and staff preferred time at home with family which is 100% a legitimate excuse.

As for your personal excuse that is fine and one case of an incident within the system but I could bet the majority of people got their packages in a fashionable time myself included and its the indigenous pc brigade here stating the bad and we do not see the good which is the norm..

As for their timetable they have adhered to it, There is a process involved not only PMs end. Finally this is something that has happened before with PM and where once again not prepared so no lesson learned there, Another thing you can thank is the ones that repeatedly do not collect their parcels on time..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Damien360

Has anyone here used PM to return items to amazon with a direct address in Dunfermline and not using the collect+ or royal mail options. Can it be used reliably as a parcel shipping provider from collection box to final destination.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Has anyone here used PM to return items to amazon with a direct address in Dunfermline and not using the collect+ or royal mail options. Can it be used reliably as a parcel shipping provider from collection box to final destination.

As in paying the €14.50 or so for the send to UK service? If so, I've done that loads of times. Never had any issues. Twice I think was two the Dunfermline address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Damien360

As in paying the €14.50 or so for the send to UK service? If so, I've done that loads of times. Never had any issues. Twice I think was two the Dunfermline address.

Thanks for confirmation

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

4 Days now since my parcel was delivered and no confirmations from PM yet. Was the same with the last 2. I filled in the Where is my Parcel Form like last time. I understand the motels might be full but where is my email showing its in the depot, why does this take 4 days? It should be immediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Happening me too and I still haven't received the PayPal refund I was told on the 22nd of December would be issued the next day.

Still hadn't received the refund today so phoned them and got straight threw.

They said they would find out what the delay was and get back to me.

Around two hours later I received the full refund of what I paid for the TV on Ebay and also the €14 which they had charged me for the oversized parcel.

So all's well that ends well I guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Zascar wrote: »
    4 Days now since my parcel was delivered and no confirmations from PM yet. Was the same with the last 2. I filled in the Where is my Parcel Form like last time. I understand the motels might be full but where is my email showing its in the depot, why does this take 4 days? It should be immediate.

you're lucky, I am still waiting 40+ days for them to acknowledge a parcel in their depot that was delivered there. 6 emails, 2 forms filled out, 3 tweets, and absolute no contact whatsoever from them. Utter shambles of a customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I received a email with the picture that my parcel is now in the Dublin depot and may take a day to get to my motel which is understandable as it is in Mayo. Ordered the item last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I received a email with the picture that my parcel is now in the Dublin depot and may take a day to get to my motel which is understandable as it is in Mayo. Ordered the item last Thursday.

You never get it on the same day in Mayo, once checked in it used to arrive around 07.00 am the next day but recently they do not deliver now till between 12.00-13.00.

I just got the same email. 3 times now only after filling in the "Where is my parcel" form. Strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dec 24, 2016 03:47 AM Arrived at PM
    Jan 3, 2017 14:00 PM Scanned in by PM Dublin

Starting to get through the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

In transit since 3PM today

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Had a parcel arrive in the belfast parcel motel at 8.30am this morning, no word from parcel motel not even to say it had arrived in their dublin depot this evening. Is this normal? The last time i done this my parcel arrived at the same time in Belfast but later in the day around 5pm they send me an email that it was in Dublin. This time absolutely nothing though

Collect within 4 hours of receiving your PIN to be in with a chance to win a 43" Sharp Aquos TV.

Seems like they've tried something anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Had a parcel arrive in the belfast parcel motel at 8.30am this morning, no word from parcel motel not even to say it had arrived in their dublin depot this evening. Is this normal? The last time i done this my parcel arrived at the same time in Belfast but later in the day around 5pm they send me an email that it was in Dublin. This time absolutely nothing though

They've been closed for a few days over the new year's break so I suspect a back log is causing a delay, the same thing happened me on Saturday the 31st but my parcel showed up yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

They've been closed for a few days over the new year's break so I suspect a back log is causing a delay, the same thing happened me on Saturday the 31st but my parcel showed up yesterday.

This backlog started back in October 2016. Should be cleared in time for The Easter Backlog. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I received the email yesterday to say parcel is in Dublin. Got up this morning and no text message or email to say it is in the motel. Hopefully it will be there by the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Parcel in dublin depot since last wednesday (28th), still in transit and no follow-up on the customer support ticket I opened a few days ago. :{

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I only used them for the first time for 5 orders christmas week. All 5 were delivered Friday/Saturday (23rd/24th Dec), now on the 23rd I got 1 delivery (Notification landed on my phone at 10am and I collected at roughly 11am. A van had just pulled up to restock as I left and as soon as I hopped into my car I got a text to say another parcel was there. When I went back to the motel to grab it the driver was restocking the empty boxes (Suprise suprise the box I emptied only a few minutes earlier was the only one that was free for my parcel). I had a chat with the driver and he told me there is not too much they can do if people are leaving stuff in the motels for a couple of days until they send the items back to sender/items are collected.

• Advertisement

Saw a PM van on South Circular and another heading into Rathfarnham, they're clearly busy anyways. Normally deliveries are late night only around here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement