Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ross81

waiting over a month for a parcel that was delivered to them and signed for on Dec 2nd. 3 Support tickets put through now, all marked "priority" and not answered. Even went out to their HQ and they said they'd definetly email me as to the fate of this item. That was a week ago lol, they are truly unbelievable. I would quit but i've got about €20 credit left with them which i doubt will ever be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got the email notification with picture yesterday and today around 2pm I received the text message to let me know it is in the motel.

I'd say they are back to normal now after the Christmas rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I got the email notification with picture yesterday and today around 2pm I received the text message to let me know it is in the motel.

I'd say they are back to normal now after the Christmas rush.

Mind me asking where your parcel motel is? I got the email today that its in Dublin

Mind me asking where your parcel motel is? I got the email today that its in Dublin

Castlebar, Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Where do I ding contact number?
    I have item at depot and I'm passing in a bit?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Call 1890 321 890 (Nightline) and hit option 4, then eat the head of them for being so unprofessional (they need to learn for next year).
    phobia2011 wrote: »
    Where do I ding contact number?
    I have item at depot and I'm passing in a bit?

See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

On liveline yesterday they was a night line employee complaining that they were denied a promised gift card on Christmas eve.

They also have an in sight to their work practice. No over time between 40 and 48 hours per week etc. Pretty poor compared to most warehouse work. He did say they had a lot of agency staff.

I linked it to the company I work for and they said they won't be using them again.

I'm waiting for 1 parcel signed for on the 31st. No contact as before Christmas.

I used addresspal last week, it was signed for on day 2 after ordering but took 2 days to get to the post office, still a good service but if probably end up waiting till a Saturday to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The podcast of the Livline segment with 2x Nightline workers is here:
    http://pca.st/d3a2

Rotten to hear that. Pure greed from the people running the business. I'm going to change to DPD from now on. Hope the lads who were on the show don't get any bad treatment because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Rotten to hear that. Pure greed from the people running the business. I'm going to change to DPD from now on. Hope the lads who were on the show don't get any bad treatment because of it.

Going back on Xmas incentive, no overtime until after 48hrs no shift allowance??!!

I think a boycott of PM/Nightline is in order for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Going back on Xmas incentive, no overtime until after 48hrs no shift allowance??!!

I think a boycott of PM/Nightline is in order for me

I wont be using them again anyway. Its not that I mind that they havent delivered my parcel yet, I didnt need it in any big rush. Its the fact that they just keep ignoring me about it. At least acknowledge, even a generic we'll do what we can and we are working on it blah blah blah response. But no, absolutely nothing from them. I've emailed and tweeted them again about it. 6 weeks is far too long to be sitting doing nothing.

they dont seem to give a crap about anyone, either customers or employees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Just listened to The Liveline link.( http://pca.st/d3a2 ) What a shower of scrooges to work for. $hit money and conditions. and management who cannot tell the truth to their workers. I will never again use their services and urge everyone who reads this to boycott their services. I have sent them (Nightline) an email to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Riva10 wrote: »
    Just listened to The Liveline link.( http://pca.st/d3a2 ) What a shower of scrooges to work for. $hit money and conditions. and management who cannot tell the truth to their workers. I will never again use their services and urge everyone who reads this to boycott their services. I have sent them (Nightline) an email to that effect.

I've switched to PW as well (apart from one recent order that I mistakenly sent to PM as it was my default address..)
    In light of the above stories, think I'll delete PM from my lists of addresses.
    Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks like I may be about to have a problem with pm. Bought a new tablet from PC World UK as it was €70 cheaper than here, DPD delivered it to Parcel Motel this morning but they have yet to acknowledge receipt of the package. Glad I paid for the extended liability as I should recoup the full value from them if they have f'd up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Looks like I may be about to have a problem with pm. Bought a new tablet from PC World UK as it was €70 cheaper than here, DPD delivered it to Parcel Motel this morning but they have yet to acknowledge receipt of the package. Glad I paid for the extended liability as I should recoup the full value from them if they have f'd up.

If it was only delivered this morning I'd expect it to be checked in at some stage today. I've had stuff checked in at 7PM in Dublin after being delivered to Antrim in the morning. Wouldn't be getting worried yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I emailed them today asking them to delete my account, most importantly my stored card details. I told them I waited until now because in December when i asked they deleted my support tickets. I got an auto reply acknowledging my e-mail advising "It's a busy time of year so a reply might take longer than expected" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Berty wrote: »
    I emailed them today asking them to delete my account, most importantly my stored card details. I told them I waited until now because in December when i asked they deleted my support tickets. I got an auto reply acknowledging my e-mail advising "It's a busy time of year so a reply might take longer than expected" :D

You can delete card details yourself. I never keep details stored, add it as needed.

So is the consensus that everything is back to normal? No longer big delays?

Actually, I might chance PW or Address pal. Don't really want to support a company who treat their employees as outlined above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

SteoL wrote: »

Perhaps back to normal, but not business as usual..
    Many people upset about the Christmas debacle..
    Ok, it's clear there are a finite number of lockers, but the complete absence of customer service was woeful, and topped off with how their staff were treated, points to a very badly run company..

If I was in charge, I'd be doing a big PR job - free stays for everyone who used PM over Christmas, and the workers to get their promised vouchers.

Until then, I'm off to Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

SteoL wrote: »

Still a bit all over the shop for me in South Dublin motel.

Some things coming in a matter of hours after hitting Belfast, others 2 - 3 days later.

Parcel delivered by Amazon Logistics yesterday to Parcel Motel Antrim. Checked in to Dublin today. Didn't realise they worked Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I got a bargain on sports gear that should've cost 120 for €40 and got it sent to PM. Got an email from the Dublin depot with the pic on Thursday along with another email for a second item.

My notification came in on Friday and off I went to collect what I thought was my two packages in one locker. Just the second one was there.

Nothing heard since about the first package and the annoying thing is I can only claim €40 as the deal I saved a good few quid on is well over by now.

I got a bargain on sports gear that should've cost 120 for €40 and got it sent to PM. Got an email from the Dublin depot with the pic on Thursday along with another email for a second item.

My notification came in on Friday and off I went to collect what I thought was my two packages in one locker. Just the second one was there.

Nothing heard since about the first package and the annoying thing is I can only claim €40 as the deal I saved a good few quid on is well over by now.

PM never put 2 packages in one locker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Last Friday the 6th January I finally received the parcel that had been missing since the 7th December. I have not had a single communication from the "customer service" and I still have an issue about two overcharges on my account re. this parcel. Anyway since this issue arose I have been using Address Pal and am happy with their service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

bruschi wrote: »
    I wont be using them again anyway. Its not that I mind that they havent delivered my parcel yet, I didnt need it in any big rush. Its the fact that they just keep ignoring me about it. At least acknowledge, even a generic we'll do what we can and we are working on it blah blah blah response. But no, absolutely nothing from them. I've emailed and tweeted them again about it. 6 weeks is far too long to be sitting doing nothing.

they dont seem to give a crap about anyone, either customers or employees

Just as an update on this, I finally got a response. I emailed and tweeted a number of times again to try get a response. And in fairness to Parcel motel, it seems it wasnt their issue, the sender had the wrong address, so whilst the tracking said it was delivered there, it actually wasnt.

But again, as my point was, it took them nearly 8 weeks to respond to my query. they could have responded straight away and said they didnt have it and I could have done something about it in November. Whereas now I'm going after a seller way beyond when the parcel was due to be dropped. Their customer service leaves an awful lot to be desired and they seem to respond to people in completely random manner. Seems to be no organisation there at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

D'oh. Amazon have split my order into 3 parcels. Am using the Antrim address. The emails from Amazon say "A signature is required at delivery". Is this going to be an issue, or will the stuff still get to my locker?

D'oh. Amazon have split my order into 3 parcels. Am using the Antrim address. The emails from Amazon say "A signature is required at delivery". Is this going to be an issue, or will the stuff still get to my locker?

Parcel Motel will sign for the item. You will get charged for 3 parcels by PM however.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks. Yeah, good job I topped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alk8113

I returned my parcel (the paid PM label and collect+ label have been attached on the box) to Collect+ UK last Thursday (5 Jan) and I have received the message said "Thank you for using the Parcel Motel sending and returns service..." since I put the parcel into the locker. However, I have never received any updated message and even any tracking history in my account so far...and no tracking history on Collect+ as well. I have sent them two email and only got the automatic replies...
    Any similar experience you got recently?

alk8113 wrote: »
    I returned my parcel (the paid PM label and collect+ label have been attached on the box) to Collect+ UK last Thursday (5 Jan) and I have received the message said "Thank you for using the Parcel Motel sending and returns service..." since I put the parcel into the locker. However, I have never received any updated message and even any tracking history in my account so far...and no tracking history on Collect+ as well. I have sent them two email and only got the automatic replies...
    Any similar experience you got recently?

You won't get any updates(I didn't) but package will be delivered no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 alk8113

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You won't get any updates(I didn't) but package will be delivered no problem

Thanks FixitFelix:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement