Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

alk8113 wrote: »
    I returned my parcel (the paid PM label and collect+ label have been attached on the box) to Collect+ UK last Thursday (5 Jan) and I have received the message said "Thank you for using the Parcel Motel sending and returns service..." since I put the parcel into the locker. However, I have never received any updated message and even any tracking history in my account so far...and no tracking history on Collect+ as well. I have sent them two email and only got the automatic replies...
    Any similar experience you got recently?

I used the return service a couple of times both to littlewoods

1st I generate the Collect+ return label myself on the website, in that level it should have the tracking number for Collect+

2nd I used the return label that came on my littlewoods order, in that case I got an email from parcelMotel when parcel was handed over to Collect+ with the relevant tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alk8113

nava wrote: »
    I used the return service a couple of times both to littlewoods

1st I generate the Collect+ return label myself on the website, in that level it should have the tracking number for Collect+

2nd I used the return label that came on my littlewoods order, in that case I got an email from parcelMotel when parcel was handed over to Collect+ with the relevant tracking number.

Thanks! Hopefully I can get the handover message soon. But five working days passed I got nothing...:confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

alk8113 wrote: »
    Thanks! Hopefully I can get the handover message soon. But five working days passed I got nothing...:confused:

We put in the locker on Saturday, we got a message straight away, and PM updated, the next status on the Parcel Motel was on the 10th Location PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN with Status Outbound we got the email about parcel handed over to Collect+ yesterday afternoon.

what tracking can you see on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Anyone any idea what 'Customer stored' means on the status line for a parcel that was meant to be delivered to me!!

Have emailed PM but of course have heard nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I have a PM within walking distance of my house and on my dog walking route , at Xmas my motel was moved to another motel , not a big deal and they were busy at Xmas so I just hoped in the car to collect it.
    I then went into settings and saw they had changed the new motel to my preference motel .
    I changed it back , Got a new delivery and it had gone to new further motel on me , so i collected and went to settings and changed my preference again
    Now another delivery and it has happened again , as I said not a huge deal but annoying and at this time of year you would expect no reason for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Having moved to DPD, I still have not got a response from them re an overcharged item to my account. DPD has been faultless so far and stuff delivered to my house on time. Glad I made the switch to be honest now.

I'd say they have lost quite alot of customers at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Webbs wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what 'Customer stored' means on the status line for a parcel that was meant to be delivered to me!!

Think it means the shipper have logged it and printed off the label but haven't put it to PM yet, usually when things are sent from PM customer to PM customer

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Webbs wrote: »

Its in your assigned motel.

Tue 3 Jan Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Wed 4 Jan Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Wed 4 Jan Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

I have a PM within walking distance of my house and on my dog walking route , at Xmas my motel was moved to another motel , not a big deal and they were busy at Xmas so I just hoped in the car to collect it.
    I then went into settings and saw they had changed the new motel to my preference motel .
    I changed it back , Got a new delivery and it had gone to new further motel on me , so i collected and went to settings and changed my preference again
    Now another delivery and it has happened again , as I said not a huge deal but annoying   and at this time of year you would expect no reason for it.
    This happened to me. They backend system they use never seems to update saved data.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭deezell

Has anyone got a suggestion of how to order from Currys PC World? Online is rejecting my paypal as my billing address doesn't match delivery address (Parcel motel) If I I try to set a different billing address I only get the option for UK address and post code. Item has 42% off in North, nothing off in south. Grr.

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    Has anyone got a suggestion of how to order from Currys PC World? Online is rejecting my paypal as my billing address doesn't match delivery address (Parcel motel) If I I try to set a different billing address I only get the option for UK address and post code. Item has 42% off in North, nothing off in south. Grr.

Did you add the PM address to your PayPal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Use a VPN with the location set to the UK. Had the same problem buying my tablet. They do a location check at the checkout to make sure you're in the UK, they don't seem to check your billing address vs your cc address as I used mine no problem without adding PM as a temp address. Get it delivered by Parcel Wizard as PC World use DPD for shipping, should get it a little quicker.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Did you add the PM address to your PayPal account?

Can't add a UK address as far as I can see. Only ROI counties in the list.

Use a VPN with the location set to the UK. Had the same problem buying my tablet. They do a location check at the checkout to make sure you're in the UK, they don't seem to check your billing address vs your cc address as I used mine no problem without adding PM as a temp address. Get it delivered by Parcel Wizard as PC World use DPD for shipping, should get it a little quicker.

To get a UK ip over a VPN I need to subscribe to a VPN Service? When you ordered you used a UK address as your billing address I presume?

To get a UK ip over a VPN I need to subscribe to a VPN Service? When you ordered you used a UK address as your billing address I presume?

No, you can use a free vpn service like Tunnel Bear or Vypr.

Used my Parcel Motel address for both the billing and delivery addresses.

Can't add a UK address as far as I can see. Only ROI counties in the list.

I have it in my account

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I have it in my account

OK. I've managed to do that. I just ignored the select county part. Thing is I got an email from PayPal on my first attempt authorising the payment, but it said they were awaiting withdrawal by currys. Then the transaction was flagged as cancelled in my PayPal account, so I think the issue is with IP as sniper says. I'll try vpn.

No, you can use a free vpn service like Tunnel Bear or Vypr.

Used my Parcel Motel address for both the billing and delivery addresses.

Setup tunnel bear. Connected to UK. Changed delivery/ billing to pm. It still rejects payment by either visa or PayPal. So annoying. I might need to setup a currys account afresh as it probably rememberss my failed payments and links the email address to them.

Could be to do with item out of stock in the north.

Setup tunnel bear. Connected to UK. Changed delivery/ billing to pm. It still rejects payment by either visa or PayPal. So annoying. I might need to setup a currys account afresh as it probably rememberss my failed payments and links the email address to them.

Odd, had no problem myself with the VPN using my Revolut card. Did you turn on the vpn before opening the browser/website as that might affect it.

• Advertisement

Odd, had no problem myself with the VPN using my Revolut card. Did you turn on the vpn before opening the browser/website as that might affect it.

Hmm. I closed then reopened the tab, but not the browser. It might be necessary to start a fresh or incognito session. Even reboot the pc. I definitely was on VPN. Herself got a Google mail warning that an mail client in the UK was trying to log on to her Gmail. Not a happy bunny. Try explaining ip to the i-rate. I might wait until I get a positive on click and collect, which means the item is in a northern store, then try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Didn't know they worked Saturdays got a email earlier today that my parcel arrived in Dublin. Do they work Sundays if not it will be here for me Monday no doubt. Onr major problem is I'm dying with the flu and I mostly stay in bed. My nearest Motel is half an hours drive away, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DukeAwesome

They definitely don't work Sundays.

I read that Saturday deliveries are done at night for the wider Dublin area and in the morning for the rest of the country. So if you fit into the 'wider Dublin area', there's a chance it could be delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

ED E wrote: »
    TLDR: Parcel Motels return process doesn't work. Don't use them for returns.

One time I used them for a return they lost track of my parcel. It was absolutely impossible to reach them over the phone and they just kept closing all helpdesk tickets I opened as solved, without replying. A few months later, as I was about to fill a small claim, I contacted them again - they asked me for description and found my item in 5 minutes. Of course by then the purchase return window had long closed. |Now that was two years ago, but those folks don't seem to have learned anything since then, judged on the problems myself and others had last Christmas. When it works it works, but when it doesn't - you're on your own! I'll avoid them as much as I can.

Tried it again from a different device. No luck. I can't be sure if it's to do with lack of local stock In NI that's flagging if as undeliverable, or if it's the card. I Web chatted to an agent and he said I need a uk payment card. I've signed up fot a revolut, but do you have to put the funds in in advanice? If I put in £200 and it rejects payment then I've 200 stuck in that account.

Tried it again from a different device. No luck. I can't be sure if it's to do with lack of local stock In NI that's flagging if as undeliverable, or if it's the card. I Web chatted to an agent and he said I need a uk payment card. I've signed up fot a revolut, but do you have to put the funds in in advanice? If I put in £200 and it rejects payment then I've 200 stuck in that account.

Yes it is a prepaid card and need to put the funds on in advance, but you will get a much better exchange rate than from your bank. Always load funds in Euro or you will be charged your banks exchange rate instead of the Revolut cards.

You can transfer the money back from a Revolut account via money transfer or by atm if you get a physical card if you wish to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've had parcels delivered on a sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Looks like they're still dealing with backlogs.

Used my last remaining credit with them on a package from Amazon. Amazon logistics reported it was delivered yesterday morning at 8:05am.

Have heard nothing from Parcel Motel. No acknowledgement email or text. They used to send an acknowledgement email straight away to say it had arrived with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

quad_red wrote: »
    Have heard nothing from Parcel Motel. No acknowledgement email or text. They used to send an acknowledgement email straight away to say it had arrived with them.
    And that's the part I don't get - they can have bottlenecks and backlogs, but how come they can't simply acknowledge receipt? I mean, as long as your PM number was on the parcel that should be a mere formality? They seem incapable of taking advantage of any IT automation - they could give ETAs if there is a delay, attempt load balancing to offer quicker alternative pickup locations in the area etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They use Zendesk, like they're paying for the tools. Just not using them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement