Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If I order an item tomorrow and choose to deliver it to Belfast by 1st class will I have it this week does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If I order an item tomorrow and choose to deliver it to Belfast by 1st class will I have it this week does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Doubt it i ordered something on amazon on the 30/11 its still not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

What's the phone number for PM, I can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

pa990 wrote: »
    What's the phone number for PM, I can't find it

A few pages back.

"1890 321 890 is nightline number same company"

"option 4 as far as i remember"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

tiny timy wrote: »
    A few pages back.

"1890 321 890 is nightline number same company"

"option 4 as far as i remember"

Super stuff.

Much appreciated.

I've banged of an email regarding a box that seems to be stuck in the depot, even though stuff that arrived after it was delivered.

I'll give them a week, before pursuing the matter more.
    But the pic they sent shows the box open, so I don't hold out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Anyone ever used the QR Code scanner? Never works for me.

Have used it 4 times now, all perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Hey guys, hoping someone can help shed some light :)

Parcel Motel received a run-of-the-mill Amazon package in their Dublin depot for me on 5th Dec (23 days ago!) and got the regular check in email notification.

Later that day got a voicemail message from them, can't decipher exactly what's being said but they ask me to call them back about the package.

Have tried to call them back at least 10 times since and end up on hold for 30+ min and never get to speak to anyone. Sent multiple emails, Facebook messages, tweets and opened 3 different support tickets over the course of 3 weeks. No response at all to any of these and obviously no package or any other kind of communication. Tweeted them every day for a week and they seem to reply to others but not me!

Anybody in the same boat or know what's going on? Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Try calling them at 9am on the button

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

warrior00 wrote: »
    Hi all. It is my first time using this service. When I order a item and get it sent to Belfast do PM send you a email with a picture of your parcel once it arrives there? And how long does it take to arrive in my Dublin Motel?

Item goes:
    [Source] - Antrim (Delivered if its tracked package) - Dublin Depot (You get a picture in your email) - Local PM

Time wise. It varies. Since mid november it'll either be 2 days or 14.

Dec 24, 2016
    03:47 am
    DELIVERED - Signature
    Newtownabbey DO

Dec 24, 2016
    03:36 am
    Ready For Delivery
    Newtownabbey DO

No intake by PM yet. This looks to me like RM are marking mail as delivered before it actually gets to PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

ED E wrote: »
    No intake by PM yet. This looks to me like RM are marking mail as delivered before it actually gets to PM.

Could easily been delivered to PM but they just haven't scanned it yet therefore it wont show up on your PM account (backlog).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Could easily been delivered to PM but they just haven't scanned it yet therefore it wont show up on your PM account (backlog).
    I think this is true, an item that got sent to my PM by Amazon on Christmas eve was checked in just before 10pm last night. Therefore there must have been a backlog, happy to be getting it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I think this is true, an item that got sent to my PM by Amazon on Christmas eve was checked in just before 10pm last night. Therefore there must have been a backlog, happy to be getting it today.

I imagine after the backlog/bad press this year they will up their game next Xmas. The lockers can't cope with the volume. They will need to rethink the model and go for a dpd approach, had a parcel delivered to parcel wizard yesterday up north, within 2 hours it was on the system and I got a text saying it'll be delivered today. The 1 hour window delivery time is very handy also. I commend pm for being the first to launch this type of service in Ireland but parcel wizard seem to do a better job for a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GreenKangaroo

HI All,

I got a lost package with them, UPS tracker shows it was delivered, however I have not received anything. I have raised the ticket through their system 7 days ago and still waiting for response. I cannot find any phone number to ring them. Any ideas how to get my item?

Thanks

Oh there's definitely an intake queue of sorts. Normally its about 12hrs or so between postie dropping it off and PM doing intake.

My point was its a 3.30AM timestamp. Even for high volume consignments I'd expect first delivery at 6.00 AM onwards. As far as I've ever heard night trucks only go from MCs to DUs etc. So my suspicion is RM staff working through the night are scanning items as delivered as they load the truck(s) headed to PM and then they're actually being delivered at a later point.

1. Don't necro. Let dead threads RIP.

2. Here's the thread you want:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

3. Answer anyways is its in an intake queue in Antrim/Dublin. They failed to prepare for the 11.11/BlackFriday/Christmas rush and are swamped. They are ignoring their ticketing system completely, dont expect a response.

Call 1890 321 890 (Nightline) and hit option 4, then eat the head of them for being so unprofessional (they need to learn for next year).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Move posts to main PM thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is the value of the auction item less than the €100 standard or are they playing nice and offering you a refund higher than that?

Should be just shy of €200 after the exchange rate is applied and including the €14 charge their end.

In any event, the PayPal refund never came through and so I have now had to create a new ticket to ask why.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Should be just shy of €200 after the exchange rate is applied and including the €14 charge their end.

In any event, the PayPal refund never came through and so I have now had to create a new ticket to ask why.

So you paid for extra cover? (they max it at €100 unless you (a) pay for extra cover or (b) you create an entry for the item in the Parcel Diary section of your PM account which automatically up's your cover to €250)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Is it safe to put an order through this crowd now that the Xmas rush is over?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I posted earlier that mine was delivered to them on the 23rd, I just got it this evening. I'm sure there's still a backup but its probably much better now than last week

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Is it safe to put an order through this crowd now that the Xmas rush is over?

I put an order in on Amazon the other day. Shipped on the 28th. Delivered to PM on the 29th and checked in that afternoon in Dublin. Was in my local locker this morning so very pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks back to normal, had an item checked in yesterday and was in the locker this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Back to normal - ordered from Amazon very late Tuesday, checked in yesterday, in my locker today.

It will be alot easier from now on because they have lost a big portion of their customer base, due to having one of the worst customer service levels of any company i have ever dealt with.

glack wrote: »
    Back to normal - ordered from Amazon very late Tuesday, checked in yesterday, in my locker today.

Not here. Item has been with them since the 24th and not even scanned in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

I've a balance of over €30 with them. If I close my account will I lose this money. Have never experienced such poor customer service. They lost three items on me alone. Store in north must be jammed with packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You guys have no excuse from now on, vote with your cash and start using dpd parcel wizard or address pal. The lockers simply can't cope at busy periods.

They lost a package on me before, they sent it to someone else with the same name instead of checking how many of us there was. Or at least that's the story I was given after about 2 weeks.

Tried out parcel wizard this time around. Package delivered to parcel wizard up north on Wednesday afternoon, delivered to my door yesterday morning. Couldn't get better than that especially at this time of year.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You guys have no excuse from now on, vote with your cash and start using dpd parcel wizard or address pal. The lockers simply can't cope at busy periods.

They lost a package on me before, they sent it to someone else with the same name instead of checking how many of us there was. Or at least that's the story I was given after about 2 weeks.

Tried out parcel wizard this time around. Package delivered to parcel wizard up north on Wednesday afternoon, delivered to my door yesterday morning. Couldn't get better than that especially at this time of year.

Not the same. Dont want it to my door or I'd order most things directly. Its the lockers I want. If it goes to the shop OK but there have been horror stories with that part of the service too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Will be using parcel wizard myself from now on. This crowd have had enough years to know how to plan for the Xmas rush, and it's the same every year. You could forgive this if they did their best with customer service, and looked after people, but they don't they just ignore emails and phonecalls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement