Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Got back onto parcel motel and they confirmed that it was out for delivery on Thurs and should have been delivered , warehouse manager has to speak to the driver about it who had package and will let me know what happened with it. She seemed to think it might turn up but it's 100% not in the warehouse. I asked her would the driver have robbed it and the silence was defining so I who knows. So the story I was told on Saturday doesn't match this recent one.
    Scammers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Its a type of credit card. Thread in BA about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Couldn't top up through paypal. I tried it twice both says "Top up unsuccessful and you have not been charged with this transaction" but there are 2 pendings on paypal account. No money has been taken out. Any problems with PM's system?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I think if I ever get the parcel sent to me nearly 2 weeks ago now I will never use them again, won't answer emails or tickets logged. I may have to goto the company I purchased from and do a claim..I hate that. Problem is that they won't even respond. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Does anyone know how to make a claim against this company? Wont reply to support tickets, rang nightline direct who gave me an 01 number that PM don't answer. How can someone lodge a claim against them for loosing a parcel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

If you select home delivery instead of a motel drop does it take the same delivery time as if you selected a motel locker?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Signpost wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to make a claim against this company? Wont reply to support tickets, rang nightline direct who gave me an 01 number that PM don't answer. How can someone lodge a claim against them for loosing a parcel?

If it's the runners above go through JD Sports - they are ultimately responsible, your contract is with them. You're availing of their free postal returns process with Parcel Motel as JD's designated agent, not yours. You shouldn't have to chase down PM, you've no contract with them. Once you have the screenshot evidence from your account that the parcel was picked up and in PM custody - that should be sufficient for JD Sports.
    As soon as your return has been received and checked by our warehouse team , we’ll email you to let you know.

In the unlikely event that you haven’t received an email within 10 days of returning your items. Contact our Customer Care Team and we’ll help you out.

Make sure you let us know your original order number, which items you have returned and any delivery reference numbers when you contact us

https://www.jdsports.ie/customer-service/returns/

You returned it five weeks ago, JD can't keep hiding behind a screw up by their own agent - the refund is long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Signpost wrote: »

Are you on Twitter? If so tweet them and Nightline and tell them they are not responding to you and they will come back to you. I had to a whille ago and it worked.

You shouldn't have to but it will work.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have to say, I'm super impressed with how speedy Parcel Motel has become. Today I got a notification from Amazon that they had delivered my package to Parcel Motels Northern Ireland depot at 11:45 today. Just 9 hours later and I'm collecting the package from my Parcel Motel locker in Dublin!!!

Wow breathtakingly fast. Awesome job.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Has anyone ever bought off Argos.co.uk and used parcel motel to get the items delivered? Does it work etc.?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Another non delivery tale from me - seller confirms dispatch from the UK on Sept 16. PM won't answer any emails. I can't initiate a chargeback ( refund ) until I am sure they don't have it. For a company that must be cleaning up their customer relations suck. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I'm starting to worry that there are a lot of non delivery and no response from parcel motel. Think its time to switch to parcel wizard if it keeps up. Will be watching this thread closely as I use Parcel motel very regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've had dozens of parcels go through PM, and not a single problem, ever.

I have had to contact them once or twice with general queries though, and I have to admit that their customer service response times, if you even get one that is, are just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

recipio wrote: »
    Another non delivery tale from me - seller confirms dispatch from the UK on Sept 16. PM won't answer any emails. I can't initiate a chargeback ( refund ) until I am sure they don't have it. For a company that must be cleaning up their customer relations suck. :mad:
    Think you might be missing a comma there ;) unless you think they are doing well on customer relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have to say any customer service I've ever had from Parcel Motel has been spot on. Have enquired a few times about parcels that possibly arrived without PMID and have always got back to me within a few hours to say they had located it and that it was being routed to the pickup centre.

Alun wrote: »
    I've had dozens of parcels go through PM, and not a single problem, ever.

I have had to contact them once or twice with general queries though, and I have to admit that their customer service response times, if you even get one that is, are just ridiculous.

So had I until recently, my alst 2 packages got lost, one was found in another box..it was a hoops I had to jump through to get it sorted was the killer....I am still missing a parcel that was delivered to them but asking them over a week now and they just won't respond to emails or tickets logged with them.

Do you know they have a Facebook page, maybe a few questions in public view would show how good their customer service is :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm surprised to see all these complaints about them, I've used parcel motel like 25 times never had a problem.
    Not that I'm disclaiming peoples complaints mind, just weird to me.

Yes and I would have felt the same until parcells start going missing, if they would only answer the emails it would be something.

Got a reply to my two emails after a week. My missing parcel is nowhere to be found so its up to me to claim back on my credit card . How do I do this ?
    PM apologise for the delay - they are dealing with 'huge numbers of emails' . If so there must be an awful lot of complaints :eek: They need to learn a little respect for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Got a reply to my two emails after a week. My missing parcel is nowhere to be found so its up to me to claim back on my credit card . How do I do this ?
    PM apologise for the delay - they are dealing with 'huge numbers of emails' . If so there must be an awful lot of complaints :eek: They need to learn a little respect for their customers.

How do you mean claim from your credit card?

How much was the parcel worth?

PM have a Min insurance cover to a Max of €100 and if you had the package added to your shopping tracker they increase that cover up to €250 automatically.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Not sure what’s going on with them but I agree 100% with you they need to be better with customer service, if they have a backlog they should hire more staff to get on top of it as the way they are going they will loose a lot of customers. I'm one that was only using the credit in my account not it has cost me a lot more as good were worth more. How can I ask the company that sent the item in good faith to refund me when I know it was delivered to PM.

This is not the first parcel they have lost on me.

I think that we need to get together and show them the power of the customer they are treating so badly. Maybe a facebook page or something.

How do you mean claim from your credit card?

How much was the parcel worth?

PM have a Min insurance cover to a Max of €100 and if you had the package added to your shopping tracker they increase that cover up to €250 automatically.

Probably a bit hasty with the query. I'll ask the retailer if they will send a replacement or a refund. If you are actually defrauded I think you have to claim against the credit card company. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

I ordered something using Parcel Motel as my delivery address. It was delivered on the 6th September and signed for. It never showed up on my account as checked in. I have emailed them several times and after replying saying sorry and promising an update at the end of the day (September 20th) they have simply not responded since.

The package was worth 125 euro and I accept now that it is lost but I have proof it was delivered to their dublin warehouse. Their customer support is awful if you have a problem. Up to now I haven't had a problem with them. They got a couple of packages for me without the PMID number before but I always got an email asking me if I was expecting a package and the problem was sorted. I was however dealing with the newtownabbey warehouse. This was the first time I used their dublin warehouse address and it will be the last. I'm gonna go to the small claims court as they haven't admitted losing it or how I go about making a claim.

I just heard from parcel motel.

They passed my parcel on to customs.

Last time I'll ever use them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Where was the originating country? PM doesn't accept items that need to go through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

italodisco wrote: »

because of the lines they fed you or because your parcel got custom checked?

Because of the near 2 weeks of lines they fed me

And I have emailed the customs officer that parcel motel said is dealing with it and I've heard nothing back.
    Parcel motel could have told me that 2 weeks ago.
    Instead they just dragged it out with varying stories.
    What I don't understand is why would parcel motel refund me the delivery charge last week and say it was missing?
    I would assume I'd still have to pay for a seized parcel?
    They are full of shhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

italodisco wrote: »

Did they though? Ask them to prove it.

I wouldnt be surprised if they just lost it and are blaming customs.

Their customer service is appalling. Id never use them for anything but small inexpensive items anymore either having been stung by their bad customer service.

• Advertisement

Did they though? Ask them to prove it.

I wouldnt be surprised if they just lost it and are blaming customs.

Their customer service is appalling. Id never use them for anything but small inexpensive items anymore either having been stung by their bad customer service.

This is what they sent me via email last week :

Hi #####,

The depot have gotten back to me and advised your parcel was seized by Customs in a routine inspection.
    The Customs Officer is Paul, his contact e-mail is [email]<SNIP>[/email] should you wish to contact him.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope you will understand this matter is out of our direct control.

Kind Regards,

Michael.

Odd that nobody wants to get back to me from customs. Hmmmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement