Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

NetChat101 wrote: »
    That returns contract may only be for the next.ie website - the uk site is completely separate with no overlap of accounts, as far as I know.

True, but if you're couriering returns for the next.ie operation and also appear to be tamely agreeing to next.co.uk blocking the Newtonabbey address for new PM ROI customers - it looks like a conflict of interest, resolved by stiffing the small guys.

I'd assumed we couldn't avail of the much lower UK store prices because Next retained their traditional strict use of UK bank accounts only for UK stores to ensure no ROI access.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

moleyv wrote: »
    Anyone else use the milltown spar one?

Packages always seem to take two to three days after check in (as in they send the email with pic).

So say, check in Monday afternoon. In a locker either Tues night or wed night after 10pm.

I've been using it for the last month and that seems to be the norm, different size packages too.

Only once did it get put in a locker the same night.

I'll have to change location for Christmas time :pac:

I used to until recently. If checkin was afternoon then 50% 2300-0100 that evening, 40% the next day and 10% a third. Its always been really good. Got to the point I could nearly predict when the email would come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

ED E wrote:
    I used to until recently. If checkin was afternoon then 50% 2300-0100 that evening, 40% the next day and 10% a third. Its always been really good. Got to the point I could nearly predict when the email would come in.

Thanks for that. My previous locker location would be delivery the next morning at 6-7am. Only twice was an extra day. Maybe I've been unlucky at Milltown, but I had about 8 parcels in the last two weeks so gave a good overview.

My last parcel was scanned Fri afternoon but didn't get it into a locker until Monday afternoon. Which was quite long.

If I'm in a hurry for something I'll use a different location maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

moleyv wrote: »
    Thanks for that. My previous locker location would be delivery the next morning at 6-7am. Only twice was an extra day. Maybe I've been unlucky at Milltown, but I had about 8 parcels in the last two weeks so gave a good overview.

My last parcel was scanned Fri afternoon but didn't get it into a locker until Monday afternoon. Which was quite long.

If I'm in a hurry for something I'll use a different location maybe

Flicking through my notifications the earliest was 21:45 so its on a night route. New one too.

Are you sure you havent just got the default contact hours set where they won't alert you out of hours? I changed mine but IIRC it came back on at 6AM.

Can someone tell me if the Parcel Motel Dublin office deliver on Saturday? That's where my parcel is currently stored. Received an email notification last night saying it was safe and sound but would be delivered on the next working day? Does that include Saturday?
    If not can you collect from the depot?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Deliveries happen on Saturday.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

A parcel arrived for me today but I got the insufficient funds notice from PM telling me to topup so they could release the parcel. It turned out that the card I had attached to the account had expired. I deleted it and attached a new valid one.

Is that all I need to do or do I actually need to do a once off topup to trigger the parcel release?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

A parcel arrived for me today but I got the insufficient funds notice from PM telling me to topup so they could release the parcel. It turned out that the card I had attached to the account had expired. I deleted it and attached a new valid one.

Is that all I need to do or do I actually need to do a once off topup to trigger the parcel release?

Probably, but drop them an email anyway. They are inclined to let things 'sit' in the warehouse if not notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What is the max length (oversized) allowed by Parcel Motel? I'm looking at buying curtain material that comes on a roll about 225cm long. Is that within what they or any similar (AP, PW etc) service allows?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

From parcelmotel.com front page :-

"If your parcel does not fit in a Parcel Motel locker, we will notify you and make alternative arrangements. The largest locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10 kgs."

• Advertisement

What is the max length (oversized) allowed by Parcel Motel? I'm looking at buying curtain material that comes on a roll about 225cm long. Is that within what they or any similar (AP, PW etc) service allows?

Is it not sold to retail customers cut and folded off the roll? Carpet you could understand - but unwarranted 225cm lengths may as well be stepladders with massive postal charges by any method, (even ignoring the large cost of receiving the cardboard tubing alone!). Surely not a viable retail business model. (The sister buys vast swathes of fabric from all over Europe, and never sent on a roll.)

On the roll, the max oversize length dimension for PM is 200 cm, but beware at this extreme there's a big leap by roll diameter: €14 incurred collecting 30cm from any depot jumps to €49 for 40cm and €140 for 60cm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

styron wrote: »
    Is it not sold to retail customers cut and folded off the roll? Carpet you could understand - but unwarranted 225cm lengths may as well be stepladders with massive postal charges by any method, (even ignoring the large cost of receiving the cardboard tubing alone!). Surely not a viable retail business model. (The sister buys vast swathes of fabric from all over Europe, and never sent on a roll.)

On the roll, the max oversize length dimension for PM is 200 cm, but beware at this extreme there's a big leap by roll diameter: €14 incurred collecting 30cm from any depot jumps to €49 for 40cm and €140 for 60cm

Yea it does seem a bit weird that it would come on a roll that size. I'll email them and ask if that's really the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Looking to buy an item on German Ebay.

Is there a PM facility for German purchases that anyone knows of?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seve OB wrote: »
    Looking to buy an item on German Ebay.

Is there a PM facility for German purchases that anyone knows of?

check this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057336312

rubadub wrote: »

thanks. is that the only option?

Seve OB wrote: »
    thanks. is that the only option?
    only one I have heard of. Does you seller offer shipping to Ireland and its just too expensive?

I have emailed German ebay sellers to both see if they will ship to Ireland and if there was a cheaper service. I used google translate to at least attempt to send them a german version too. The majority were willing to send here even though their auction only had germany listed.

only one I have heard of. Does you seller offer shipping to Ireland and its just too expensive?

I have emailed German ebay sellers to both see if they will ship to Ireland and if there was a cheaper service. I used google translate to at least attempt to send them a german version too. The majority were willing to send here even though their auction only had germany listed.

yea I am looking on ebay also
    have emailed some sellers, but some haven't replied... and I'm leading the bid atm :rolleyes: so just want to box of my options, although I expect an influx of bidding at the late stages on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone know how to make tesco take a PMID in the address entry bit? I can't find a way to put it in right now.

Does anyone know how to make tesco take a PMID in the address entry bit? I can't find a way to put it in right now.

are you sure they will even send to PM?

I have omitted the parcel motel line on the address, or put 2 lines on just a single line.

are you sure they will even send to PM?

I have omitted the parcel motel line on the address, or put 2 lines on just a single line.

Well I assume they do? It lets me put the parcelmotel address in, just not my ID.

• Advertisement

Well I assume they do? It lets me put the parcelmotel address in, just not my ID.

Tesco Direct have been notorious for leaving out the PMID anyway.

AlanS181824 and Moonboy52 have similar ingenious unorthodox solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hi,

I'm wondering would a package with the dimensions of 21.7 cm x 49.2 cm x 29 cm weight 7.4kg fit in one of the Parcel Motel lockers and if so what would the charge be?

Hi,

I'm wondering would a package with the dimensions of 21.7 cm x 49.2 cm x 29 cm weight 7.4kg fit in one of the Parcel Motel lockers and if so what would the charge be?

If the dimensions are "as is" - no added padding (Amazon are crazy for this) it should comfortably fit in the largest locker (41 × 38 × 64 cm). As it's under 10 KG standard charges should apply:

Receiving it to your own PM locker - € 3.95
    Sending it from your PM to another - € 6.50
    Send to an Irish address from PM - € 8.50
    Send to UK from your PM - €16.50

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Ordered an incorrect pair of runners from JD Sports so wanted to exchange them. PM have some kind of arrangement with JD to do all returns for free so I thought I would use it as I have used PM before with relative ease. Parcel was deposited in a locker on 23/08 in Tralee and on 25/08 I got a notification it was after being received in Dublin so I thought everything was great.
    On September 7 I contacted JD as I had heard nothing and to my surprise they told me they had not received the parcel. I contacted PM and on Sept 9 'Ryan' confirmed they had not sent the parcel back to JD but acknowledged "This parcel should of been sent back a good week ago." I got no explanation as to why it wasn't sent back or any other form of apology.
    On September 15 I again contacted JD to be told they still had not received my parcel! Again got back onto PM & 'Michael' told me "Our depot have advised this has been returned to JD Sports. Please note returns can take up to 1-2 weeks to show up in their system." He also asked me to wait a few more days to see if they got it.
    So today Sept 24 I once again contacted JD who assured me they still had not received the parcel. I have tried to contact PM but as they have the worst customer support and no phone number to contact them I have no doubt I'll be waiting for a reply. It beyond farcial how it has taken over 1 month to return a pair of shoes from Tralee to Dublin.
    Does anyone know is there some way to lodge a complaint about the above behaviour? I've searched online but there does not seem to be a place to lodge complaints.
    Just said I'd let other people know not to use them if you care about your parcels getting delivered on time or if you are interested in getting any form of customer feedback! Absolutely shocking experience.

---
    September 24th - Still not received by JD Sports
    1 Outbound PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 08/09/2016 15:47:53
    1 PM Received PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 25/08/2016 15:30:14
    1 Outbound DUBLIN 25/08/2016 09:27:19
    1 Outbound KERRY 24/08/2016 15:04:54
    1 In Depot KERRY 24/08/2016 09:01:05
    1 PM Cust Sent 24/08/2016 07:49:53
    1 PM Cust Stored 23/08/2016 20:39:34

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with Parcel Motel Thread

Does anyone know if cex UK deliver to parcel motel? I'm trying to order something but I don't think its worked when I've ordered before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Signpost wrote: »
    Ordered an incorrect pair of runners from JD Sports so wanted to exchange them. PM have some kind of arrangement with JD to do all returns for free so I thought I would use it as I have used PM before with relative ease. Parcel was deposited in a locker on 23/08 in Tralee and on 25/08 I got a notification it was after being received in Dublin so I thought everything was great.
    On September 7 I contacted JD as I had heard nothing and to my surprise they told me they had not received the parcel. I contacted PM and on Sept 9 'Ryan' confirmed they had not sent the parcel back to JD but acknowledged "This parcel should of been sent back a good week ago." I got no explanation as to why it wasn't sent back or any other form of apology.
    On September 15 I again contacted JD to be told they still had not received my parcel! Again got back onto PM & 'Michael' told me "Our depot have advised this has been returned to JD Sports. Please note returns can take up to 1-2 weeks to show up in their system." He also asked me to wait a few more days to see if they got it.
    So today Sept 24 I once again contacted JD who assured me they still had not received the parcel. I have tried to contact PM but as they have the worst customer support and no phone number to contact them I have no doubt I'll be waiting for a reply. It beyond farcial how it has taken over 1 month to return a pair of shoes from Tralee to Dublin.
    Does anyone know is there some way to lodge a complaint about the above behaviour? I've searched online but there does not seem to be a place to lodge complaints.
    Just said I'd let other people know not to use them if you care about your parcels getting delivered on time or if you are interested in getting any form of customer feedback! Absolutely shocking experience.

---
    September 24th - Still not received by JD Sports
    1 Outbound PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 08/09/2016 15:47:53
    1 PM Received PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 25/08/2016 15:30:14
    1 Outbound DUBLIN 25/08/2016 09:27:19
    1 Outbound KERRY 24/08/2016 15:04:54
    1 In Depot KERRY 24/08/2016 09:01:05
    1 PM Cust Sent 24/08/2016 07:49:53
    1 PM Cust Stored 23/08/2016 20:39:34

Hate to break it to you but if it is lost, they have an ah well it is lost attitude. Annoying all the same and I do sympathise, I have had a few similar situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Does anyone know if cex UK deliver to parcel motel? I'm trying to order something but I don't think its worked when I've ordered before.

I've used revolut to do this before

sweetie wrote: »
    I've used revolut to do this before

What's that sorry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Hi Folks,

Just a word of warning really.

I ve had a parcel stuck at 'in transit ' on the parcel motel account page since the 22nd now.

I received two photo emails from them that day , 15 minutes apart saying that they have my parcel and its on the way. I only received one of them but held off in hope the other would show up next dayt but no joy.

On saturday i rang them and they guy on phone said 'oh yes i just spoke to the warehouse and its out on the road alright, just hapened to be no space in the motel for one of the parcels the other night, they will get it to you tonight blah blah blah'

I asked could i not just drop up to the depot to get it and he said no, its 100% out on the road.

So i call them today and the person on the phone seems a bit baffled and has to 'email' the warehouse and will get back to me.

Folks , i'd say the odds of this parcel showing up are slim to none.

Its the last time ill use parcel motel, pure dodgey indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement