Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That seems to be a new address for Customs, sounds like they may have set up a bureau to deal with PM traffic as HMRC don't check half a percent of what goes through Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Did they though? Ask them to prove it.

I wouldnt be surprised if they just lost it and are blaming customs.

Their customer service is appalling. Id never use them for anything but small inexpensive items anymore either having been stung by their bad customer service.

When they finally get back to you they follow up with a 'satisfied/disatisfied' query. You can then tell them what you think. I referred them to the discussion on here ! I don't buy the old 'swamped with emails' excuse. If so , why so many emails and what are they doing about it ? They don't seem to see that trust is their most precious asset and easily lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭JG009

They have gone sh1te with reply times, like 3 or 4 days. No phone number either.

The only time they are on the ball, bending over backwards to help is when you end up with someone else parcel.

Happened me a few times, I was honest enough to ring the number on the pack and let them know I had it.

Think they are having major cutbacks on staff etc.

ED E wrote: »
    That seems to be a new address for Customs, sounds like they may have set up a bureau to deal with PM traffic as HMRC don't check half a percent of what goes through Belfast.

Hope to God that never changes with Brexit.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

I'm out of the country at the moment, and I got a notification of a parcel from Parcel Motel. Got a family member to collect it.

It's clearly not my parcel it has someone else's name on the packet and a different name and PM number.

I was charged for this delivery.

I've emailed Parcel Motel twice, the first 5 days ago and no reply, but I want to get the parcel to the right person but they don't seem to answer emails from their ticket desk.

I've no way of knowing who owns the parcel and I'm not going to open it.Plus I don't want to be charged for it again.

What do I do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭JG009

Dymo wrote: »
    I'm out of the country at the moment, and I got a notification of a parcel from Parcel Motel. Got a family member to collect it.

It's clearly not my parcel it has someone else's name on the packet and a different name and PM number.

I was charged for this delivery.

I've emailed Parcel Motel twice, the first 5 days ago and no reply, but I want to get the parcel to the right person but they don't seem to answer emails from their ticket desk.

I've no way of knowing who owns the parcel and I'm not going to open it.Plus I don't want to be charged for it again.

What do I do with it?

Their mobile number is on the pack in most cases. I know it is not your job but it would be nice to let them know.

Jaysus lads can you imagine the crack we will have at christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

JG009 wrote: »
    Their mobile number is on the pack in most cases. I know it is not your job but it would be nice to let them know.

Jaysus lads can you imagine the crack we will have at christmas!

Not this case, if Parcel Motel don't get back to me I'll just have put to" return to sender" and throw it into the letter box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Have had a package "In transit" for over a week now. Set up a support ticket last Wednesday and no response to it. What happened to the Live chat that they used to have? It was a lot easier to get in touch with them that way. The odd thing is that I had ordered an Item off Amazon and either the seller sent it twice or parcel motel charged me twice for the same package, because I received two emails that I had an item in their depot and then only one was delivered that day and the other has been "In transit" since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

it's not manditory to meet them at their "buses" though.
    it's just a way to encourage people available during the time slot to collect then to leave the maximum space possible available in the lockers.
    worse case scenario is you have to wait an extra day or two for it to be stored, and your 48 hours doesn't begin until it's stored in a locker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 magsapie

I have used parcel motel in the past a fair number of time and always been very happy. Tried to drop off two parcels on Sunday to the one in Swords (order returns) and one parcel was accepted whereas the other one wasn't. It said 'this service is not currently available'. Emailed them on Sunday and still no reply despite the fact that I'm €3.50 poorer plus still have the parcel here. What I'm a bit more worried about though is that I have not had confirmation that the parcel I WAS able to drop off on Sunday has been picked up. This was a larger parcel and worth more. :-(

Late last week I also just made 3 orders to be delivered via parcel motel (2 to the NI address and one to Dublin depot) so now I'm worried that something is going on and these are never going to arrive....

I have to ask the question also - are they still in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 magsapie

Ahhh, literally just this second received my text from Parcel Motel that they've picked up my parcel. Must be cut-backs as that's over 48 hours since I dropped off the parcel. Previously, the parcels were always picked up fairly quickly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

magsapie wrote: »
    I have used parcel motel in the past a fair number of time and always been very happy. Tried to drop off two parcels on Sunday to the one in Swords (order returns) and one parcel was accepted whereas the other one wasn't. It said 'this service is not currently available'. Emailed them on Sunday and still no reply despite the fact that I'm €3.50 poorer plus still have the parcel here. What I'm a bit more worried about though is that I have not had confirmation that the parcel I WAS able to drop off on Sunday has been picked up. This was a larger parcel and worth more. :-(

Late last week I also just made 3 orders to be delivered via parcel motel (2 to the NI address and one to Dublin depot) so now I'm worried that something is going on and these are never going to arrive....

I have to ask the question also - are they still in business?

Regarding the parcel returns, they are bit slow, most of the parcels I sent it takes them average 2 days to collect from the locker, you get no notification when they collect it, but you should see the status on the PM website Sent Parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Got email from PM to say they have located my parcel, this the 2nd time that it have taken a few weeks to get my delivery, no the 3rd time.
    I still have credit for one more delivery but not sure if I'd chance it TBH, might see if they will refund me.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

I posted here a few days ago about parcel motel losing my parcel. Well I got a text yesterday saying that a package has arrived at our depot and I knew then that it had been found. Got it delivered this morning and it had 3 parcel motel labels on it and I could make out a woman's name and dolphins barn on it so she must have got so I owe her a big thank you for returning it. I got a email from parcel motel apologising for the delay and they gave me 3 free deliveries. I would use them again despite this but I think the boys in newtownabbey are more on the ball. This was my first time using the dublin 11 warehouse address. 4 weeks late but I did eventually get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I'm still using Parcel Motel a couple of times a month without any issues. An Amazon delivery went to their Belfast depot on Sunday last which made me a bit worried, but I rang PM on Monday and they said it'd be in Dublin yesterday. It was. Grand service for now. I'm sure it'll be manic again around Christmas but it's the same for all postal/courier companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Have to say I use the 8-10 times a year and have never had any problems other than they have appeared to not operate at week-ends anymore so if a delivery arrives into Belfast on a friday it will not be delivered until Monday night at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I feel the level of service is definitely dropping, having been a regular user since the beginning (5-6 packages a month)

i have 2 oversize parcels for home delivery that have been in transit for 4 days (i am in Dublin).
    i had one parcel in transit for two weeks and suddenly reappeared with another tracking id and has since been delivered (i have been charged for the parcel that is still in transit although the package has been delivered)
    I arranged home delivery for another oversize parcel and they sent it back to Newtownabbey instead and charged me again when it returned to the depot. ( I requested home delivery as soon as it arrived in the depot)

So i am currently waiting for a refund on one standard delivery (€3.95) and one oversize handling fee (€7.00) and one home delivery (€7.95) and i have two parcels somewhere in the system.

They are also becoming very slow to respond to customer queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

kranbo wrote: »
    Have to say I use the 8-10 times a year and have never had any problems other than they have appeared to not operate at week-ends anymore so if a delivery arrives into Belfast on a friday it will not be delivered until Monday night at the earliest

Is this for definite? Raging if it is.

ParcelMotel do deliveries on Saturday and Sunday don't they? Waiting for something which should be delivered today and I'm wondering will I have it by tomorrow or Sunday if ParcelMotel process quickly and on weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Is this for definite? Raging if it is.
    NikoTopps wrote: »
    ParcelMotel do deliveries on Saturday and Sunday don't they? Waiting for something which should be delivered today and I'm wondering will I have it by tomorrow or Sunday if ParcelMotel process quickly and on weekends.

In Dublin they definitely deliver on Saturdays.

Its worth noting that its probably subject to demand so if there happens to only be one parcel for a motel they may not visit it.

ED E wrote: »
    In Dublin they definitely deliver on Saturdays.

Its worth noting that its probably subject to demand so if there happens to only be one parcel for a motel they may not visit it.

I live in Dublin so hopefully they will.

I'll update anyway just out of interest if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Anyone having issues this week? Received an email on Tuesday saying my package had arrived at their depot with a photo of it, no contact since. Also no reply to the support ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Got a delivery to PM in Antrim today at 1.30pm.

Should it be checked in and on route to the south tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

Got a delivery into Antrim today at 10:30am.
    Still no email from the dublin depot with the picture etc.
    Have used parcel motel plenty of times and always get the email before 4pm.
    Wonder whats going on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I purchased an item from Amazon, had it delivered to the nightline depot as it was oversized. I need to return this item, but it's not going to fit in the locker. Is it still returnable somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

m8 wrote: »
    Got email from PM to say they have located my parcel, this the 2nd time that it have taken a few weeks to get my delivery, no the 3rd time.
    I still have credit for one more delivery but not sure if I'd chance it TBH, might see if they will refund me.:rolleyes:

PEW... after only a few weeks managed to get my parcel, I think I will pay for the extra postage going forward it's just not worth it. You could get stuff on the slow boat from China quicker.

I'm now involved in a 'chargeback' with a UK retailer for non delivery of an expensive item. They say it was sent - PM say they never got it. There is no tracking. Its frustrating to say the least as either could be at fault. In future I won't buy anything from the UK unless its tracked by RM.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jheneaiko

My parcel has been in transit for over 3 days. It's not usually this slow 😕

• Advertisement

Haven't used PM since last December so I'm curious, what are they like now in terms of processing an item? Their website says up to 8hrs after item was signed for for it to start tracking but I had something delivered today at 1pm and still nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement