Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Haven't used PM since last December so I'm curious, what are they like now in terms of processing an item? Their website says up to 8hrs after item was signed for for it to start tracking but I had something delivered today at 1pm and still nothing.

I've sorted the issue myself. Had an old card tied to my account so they couldn't take the €3.95 which is why it wasn't getting anywhere so I've since sorted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've sorted the issue myself. Had an old card tied to my account so they couldn't take the €3.95 which is why it wasn't getting anywhere so I've since sorted that.

They normally notify you without delay when that happens via both txt & email.

Did they not contact you in this case?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

They normally notify you without delay when that happens via both txt & email.

Did they not contact you in this case?

Nope, they didn't do either.

3 possible cases come to mind, they don't message this late, something to do with my account being dormant for nearly a year or simply a delay in processing the parcel itself.

These are just guesses ofc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

3 possible cases come to mind, they don't message this late, something to do with my account being dormant for nearly a year or simply a delay in processing the parcel itself.

I had exactly the same situation 2 weeks ago, it was a Saturday too and they notified me immediately. I do have my contact settings set to anytime though.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,115 ✭✭✭✭Esel

4th possible case - the service has gone to hell.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

What a fantastic service, I cant compliment Parcel Motel enough... Never had an issue with them at all.

Esel wrote: »
    4th possible case - the service has gone to hell.

That's the one I least want to hear about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,115 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What a fantastic service, I cant compliment Parcel Motel enough... Never had an issue with them at all.

Not sure if serious.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Not sure if serious.

In fairness, you have to remember that people usually only post on forums when they have a problem. The vast majority of people who have no problems rarely post, why would you?

I use them about once a week since they started and not a single problem *. In fact it now only takes about 9 hours from my package arriving in the depot in Northern Ireland to being in the locker in Dublin, incredible performance!

* I did have one issue with a screen not working properly and it taking almost 0 minutes to unlock. Afterwards I emailed them to report the issue. They thanked me, gave me a free delivery credit and the screen was fixed the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've been using them a lot since my last post with no issues too. In fact I have at least two more items on the way to them now.

I tend not to use them around December time though as it gets super busy and other customers block up the lockers by not collecting things within a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Not sure if serious.

Of course I'm serious...:confused:

Parcel was stored earlier this morning just in case anyone was curious about this. So it took about a day and a half from when it was signed for to when it was stored in the ParcelMotel. That's a bit later than usual but I still have no qualms using this service. I do live in Dublin though so times wouldn't be the same if you live in Kerry or something! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

just tried to buy a phone from http://www.smartfonestore.com/ and they said they wont ship to Parcel Motel, said it was unsecure as nobody would be able to sign for it.. anyone else come across this

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

just tried to buy a phone from http://www.smartfonestore.com/ and they said they wont ship to Parcel Motel, said it was unsecure as nobody would be able to sign for it.. anyone else come across this

I think some places only delivered to the credit card address, which is a similar issue. There would be someone there to sign for it, but maybe they want it going to the addressee. Maybe they had some issue in the past.

I was getting knives delivered to parcel wizard and was told I needed "an adult signature" so emailed them. Got 2 replies off 2 people.
    This should not be a problem, we do provide PODs at our Northern Address,

Kind Regards,
    Good Morning

If you addressed them to our Virtual UK address they will be signed for and we will deliver them to your address today.

Best regards

Note this was PW not PM, but I imagine its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

UK Companies are always at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I've not used Parcel motel since its inception when I used the first two freebies, I thought I would give it a go again to see how it compared to An post , I ordered to the NI address thinking it would be quicker as I live in Donegal.

I have been tracking the item and I saw yesterday it was in Antrim, then today I receive an email from Parcel motel showing me a photo of it in their Dublin depot!

Its a bit pointless IMO.

is this standard practice?

Sending an item from Southern England to the North of Ireland to the South of Ireland then back up to the North of Ireland for delivery?

If it is indeed standard practice ill stick to An Post from now on as I'd usually have the item by now straight thru the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I
    ...is this standard practice?

Their main sortation hub is in Dublin so it makes sense to them. You're just availing of the Newtownabbey address, and they send it on to the main hub.

Most of the major courier/parcel companies use this system, and while it doesn't seem logical sometimes, it simplifies things and makes it cost effective to move lots of items this way.

If you'd have ordered it to their Dublin address maybe it would have knocked a day off the delivery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 plmkt

Parcel motel very slow at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    is this standard practice?

Sounds like you dont really understand what the point of Parcel Motel is!

Its not about getting your parcel to you quicker - definitely not that - it can add days to delivery!!

Its to avail of cheap or free postage to a UK address or indeed for sellers who wont ship to the Republic of Ireland.

Cant imagine why anyone would use it over An Post except to avail of a UK address!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sounds like you dont really understand what the point of Parcel Motel is!

Its not about getting your parcel to you quicker - definitely not that - it can add days to delivery!!

Its to avail of cheap or free postage to a UK address or indeed for sellers who wont ship to the Republic of Ireland.

Cant imagine why anyone would use it over An Post except to avail of a UK address!

The only thing I would add to that is that it just might be a convenient option for someone who might not always be home to pick up a parcel when postie knocks on the door. Or for something like if you were buying a pressie for the other half so she doesn't see it coming or maybe an expensive toy that might frowned upon... Is. There are other reasons.... But yes, for the guy above, he doesn't seem to understand the concept :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Used it for the first time last week. It was a low value item for my bike that I could only get from a uk address that wouldn't deliver to Ireland.

Got an email Saturday morning saying it was in their depot and would be delivered the next working day, assumed Monday. Got a text Saturday evening with pin. All in all I'm happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Seve OB wrote: »
    The only thing I would add to that is that it just might be a convenient option for someone who might not always be home to pick up a parcel when postie knocks on the door. Or for something like if you were buying a pressie for the other half so she doesn't see it coming or maybe an expensive toy that might frowned upon... Is. There are other reasons.... But yes, for the guy above, he doesn't seem to understand the concept :D

Actually, that used to be my main reason for using it. But problems with customer service have pushed me back to just using it for the reasons I listed and making the trek to the sorting office for anything else I send through An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Is there any way of contacting parcel motel beside their email/ticket system. Ive been trying to get in touch since Sunday about the touch screen on Richmond road not working. Now both of my parcels have been returned to depot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

shane1981 wrote: »
    Is there any way of contacting parcel motel beside their email/ticket system. Ive been trying to get in touch since Sunday about the touch screen on Richmond road not working. Now both of my parcels have been returned to depot.

Once logged in, on the website under 'submit a request' one of the options is to 'report a non-working locker'.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

spurious wrote: »
    Once logged in, on the website under 'submit a request' one of the options is to 'report a non-working locker'.

thanks for that but Ive already submitted two requests with no response. Thats why im wondering if theres a number to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

thanks for that but Ive already submitted two requests with no response. Thats why im wondering if theres a number to call.

FAQs say For Faults contact them on

support@parcelmotel.com

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203714861-How-to-Report-a-Fault-at-a-Parcel-Motel-Location

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

You need to contact them on twitter to get a response,they dont answer emails or tickets?its weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Quite a long time since I've used PM but had reason to lately. The item was delivered to the UK address earlier today and I'm just wondering when I'll get the first notification or indication from PM?

EDIT: Still haven't heard anything at 22:42. It isn't showing up on my PM page either. Is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Still no sign of my package on my PM page and no word from PM.

I've been reading through the last month of this thread and am really regretting having used them. It's clearly no surprise that I'm experiencing a delay. I used to use PM all the time until ParcelWizard came around and offered a more suitable service. I've used PW a lot this year and watched them introduce time estimates for delivery, watched them roll out a good app, watched them introduce drop off locations and all in all offer a great service. It clearly seems ParcelMotel are going the other way.
    I only used PM this week because it suited at the time. I thought I'd be away from home, as it turns out I'm not. If I had stuck with ParcelWizard I'd have my parcel this morning. ParcelMotel haven't even registered it yet and I see people have experienced delays of WEEKS lately!

They say all companies can make mistakes and it's how they handle them that counts. It seems universally accepted in here that ParcelMotel might not even bother replying to a customer query, and if they do it'll be DAYS. No phone number. No live chat. They don't care.

What a bad, bad mistake I made in using them. I used to sing their praises one time too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Having issues with PM this week. Anytime I've used them once a package checks in it's in the locker in hours, that same night at the latest. This I've had one package check in on Monday afternoon, Tuseday and yesterday and not one has made it to the locker yet.

Is it due to no locker space in Raheny Howth Road? Even at Christmas time it was never this bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement