Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

JakeBell wrote: »

They say all companies can make mistakes and it's how they handle them that counts. It seems universally accepted in here that ParcelMotel might not even bother replying to a customer query, and if they do it'll be DAYS. No phone number. No live chat. They don't care.

They do have a number and are very helpful and quick in finding packages that were not properly marked for me. You just have to use 11811 to get the number, can't find it in my phone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's a number for the Belfast depot on Nightline's website, +44 (0) 28 9084 8411, but no mention of it on the Parcel Motel one. No idea if it works for Parcel Motel queries though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

They do have a number and are very helpful and quick in finding packages that were not properly marked for me. You just have to use 11811 to get the number, can't find it in my phone now.
    I'm sure they have a phone but they clearly don't want customers to find it or use it. When asked for one on social media they state they offer online only customer service. They don't list the number anywhere on the site.
    They used to have a live chat facility. They removed this too.

It's all gone downhill since the early days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Its 01 883 5442

I saved it from when it used to be available.

Well I ignored their 'we don't have a phone line stuff', rang Nightline and got put through to the ParcelMotel line (which mentions their live chat facility when on hold. :rolleyes: )

My parcel hasn't been registered with PM yet because it was delivered there at 1pm yesterday. They tell me that if they don't receive a parcel before 9am, it won't be dealt with until the next day. That's disappointing.

As I say if I had stuck with ParcelWizard the parcel would be in my hand right now. Parcel Motel will (hopefully!) register it today and I'll get it tomorrow.

I really hope there is no further delay as I need the item before the weekend. I look forward to getting back to ParcelWizard in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

oranbhoy67 wrote:
    Sending an item from Southern England to the North of Ireland to the South of Ireland then back up to the North of Ireland for delivery?

In fairness, An Posts similar Address Pal service does exactly the same.

Every day they ship a big container full of packages from their England depot direct to their Dublin sorting office, where it gets sorted and from their dispatched around the country.

For PM and PW, as they receive parcels into the Northern Irish depot it probably makes most sense that as they receive them, to simply put them straight into the back of the truck that goes to their Dublin sorting office. It is in Dublin where they actually get sorted and sent out. Again this makes sense as the vast majority of packages are going to Dublin (or forwarded down to Cork, Limerick, Galway, etc.). Very few would be heading to Donegal, so it doesn't make sense for them to have a different process for those.
    You need to contact them on twitter to get a response,they dont answer emails or tickets?its weird

Two weeks ago they not only replied to my ticket about a broken screen, but they gave me a free stay. I suppose it is down to how busy they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

So an update from my side, used them for a few more deliveries and they've been far far slower than normal. Takes a day to register the item on my account after its been delivered and signed for.
    Then takes another day at least to go to a locker, one item took 4 days, that's 4 business days.

I'm leaning towards using Parcel Wizard from now on, especially with Christmas on the way and PM being so damn unreliable around this time of year.

Everyone must be ordering in sterling lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Came here to ask if my parcel being "In Transit" from the depot to my locker since yesterday evening was normal. I now see that it is the norm.

Kamili wrote: »
    So an update from my side, used them for a few more deliveries and they've been far far slower than normal. Takes a day to register the item on my account after its been delivered and signed for.

Well the fact that they have to receive the item before 9am or they'll ignore it for 24hrs is not going to help matters. Surely it wasn't always like this!?

An update on mine: it showed up on the system today. Oversized!!! By a few cm. FFS! The item is in no way oversized so the sender obviously used a big box. Not PMs fault but a another very, very good reason not to use them again.
    EDIT: In a weird way it might actually be better being oversized, despite it costing me a lot more. From reading some of the comments above it might actually give me a better chance of getting it tomorrow (important!).

The service is clearly getting worse and it's a shame. I'm all for ParcelWizard and they keep improving (the app is very handy and the new drop-off stations will cover me for situations like this in the future) but ParcelMotel were so good one time. Read the last month of both the PM and the PW threads for a clear insight into both.

It's going to be some sh1tstorm in here coming up to Christmas but thankfully I won't be involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Duff wrote: »
    Came here to ask if my parcel being "In Transit" from the depot to my locker since yesterday evening was normal. I now see that it is the norm.

It is now but was not the case up till last week. I have a 4 day and 3 day in transit currently. Not acceptable :mad: Just going to go back to getting my stuff delivered to work as I have given up on public transport for good.

• Advertisement

Well f**k me I've just learned that PM charge €7 for an oversized parcel and ANOTHER €7.95 for delivery. €14.95 it's costing me. Jesus Christ!

Parcel Wizard would have had it with me today for €3.85.

I'll give two experiences of the competition.

I bought a heap of stuff from a closing down sale in the UK during the year. A HEAP of stuff. Couple of hundred euros. Bulky. UK delivery only so I chanced ParcelWizard. If they charged me €10 or €20 in this instance I was still getting a bargain. It all came in a box big that I could probably get into and curl up in (I'm 6ft). I never weighed it but the poor ParcelWizard delivery man backed right up to the door and struggled carrying it. Price: €3.85

On another occasion I had a PW parcel that didn't get loaded onto the delivery truck for whatever reason. I needed it too so I rang them to ask about it (and to complain!). They put it into a little car-van within an hour and sent a driver with it direct from Dublin to my home (1hr away).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Well f**k me I've just learned that PM charge €7 for an oversized parcel and ANOTHER €7.95 for delivery. €14.95 it's costing me. Jesus Christ!

Bad and all as that is, An Posts new service is a standard €25 for over sized and you still have to go pick it up I think.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Bad and all as that is, An Posts new service is a standard €25 for over sized and you still have to go pick it up I think.
    Parcel Wizard are the easy answer. They've ignored any oversized charges for me so far. They'll save you money, and it's not like they're the Ryanair of parcel delivery either. Their customer service is so much better. PM removed live chat, PW introduced it. They're quicker to deliver. Their overall product is so much better. They seem to be constantly improving too.

They only thing that's missing is sending parcels. I use Parcel Connect, but maybe now with PW introducing pick-up stations they'll eventually introduce this feature too.
    And that's another thing PM are sh1te at - sending parcels. It should make a load of sense - dropping off your parcel in a locker and have them deliver it to an address. I tried it once. I dropped it off on a Monday. Expected they'd pick it up Monday night (they did) and deliver it Tuesday/Wednesday, probably the Wednesday. They delivered it on the Friday! I had to apologise to the recipient a couple of times. ParcelMotel told me this time period was normal. What the hell they do with the package for the week I have no idea.

It seems like they're cutting too many corners and expecting people won't notice or else just don't care. They once had a rep on here. CUT. They had a customer service phone number on site. CUT. They had a live chat facility. CUT. They used to be quick. CUT. They used to reply to customers within a day. CUT.

Well the fact that they have to receive the item before 9am or they'll ignore it for 24hrs is not going to help matters. Surely it wasn't always like this!?

Absolutely not, I used to get items same day as check in, now its taking minimum 2 to a maximum of who knows what..
    It's going to be some sh1tstorm in here coming up to Christmas but thankfully I won't be involved!

If last year is anything to go by, it is. I recall people not getting gifts delivered on time and having very disappointed kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MacoSW

Anybody had any problems with their delivery of oversized parcels?

I stopped using them a few months ago because of the well known problems you all mentioned here, but last week my girlfriend used it for buying 2 small items and is having this issue.

Strange that it is considered oversized but we'll first to see the size of the box it was put into.

The problem is she arranged for home delivery. It said it would be delivered this morning and it appears as delivered in their website. However it was not delivered. Anybody had this problem before?

She opened a ticket already but we expect their usual response time of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Delivered to a neighbour and they haven't called around yet?

Mine arrived today, thankfully. I could have had it delivered yesterday for €3.85 with PW, instead I have it today for €14.95 with PM. But you live and learn.

I'm still waiting on mine, nearly three days since they added the item to my account.

Kamili wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on mine, nearly three days since they added the item to my account.
    I think I may have been 'lucky' that my item was oversized and delivered by the Nightline courier. It cost me a lot but going by the reports here I would probably be waiting until next week to see it in my PM locker.

Back to PW for me! Happily.

yep I think it will be next week before I get it. To make matters worse I am away for a few days so I'm worried I'll miss the deadline to collect it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

30 hours in transit and counting! Meant to arrive at locker within a working day of check in!

Last time I'm using parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

30 hours in transit and counting! Meant to arrive at locker within a working day of check in!

Last time I'm using parcel motel

same problem here, it's a joke

my only regret is having 20 quid in my account that i ll have to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I want to order something from a UK site. I'm using my PM address as shipping address as you do. The site will only accept a UK credit card which I don't have. I can pay by PayPal but the billing address needs to be UK. What address should I put for billing address?

The billing address will have to be that of the card you use.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The billing address will have to be that of the card you use.

The country for billing address is set to UK and can't be changed to Ireland or any other country.

Stephen P wrote: »
    The country for billing address is set to UK and can't be changed to Ireland or any other country.

Well you are snookered so. If you use your Irish card that is linked to an Irish address, but enter a UK address as the billing address the payment will be denied and the transaction will fail.

Maybe a "Revolut Card" would work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Stephen P wrote: »
    I want to order something from a UK site. I'm using my PM address as shipping address as you do. The site will only accept a UK credit card which I don't have. I can pay by PayPal but the billing address needs to be UK. What address should I put for billing address?

Not being smart, but if you want the item fast use a parcel wizard shipping address, parcel motel is like snail mail for a few of us here these days

Not being smart, but if you want the item fast use a parcel wizard shipping address, parcel motel is like snail mail for a few of us here these days

Thanks for the tip but I'll probably still the problem of the UK billing address.

Even though I'll pay by PayPal is the billing address important?

Its 01 883 5442

I saved it from when it used to be available.

This number didn't work for me

• Advertisement

did anyone receive any parcel on saturday? or have the deliveries for saturday ended all together?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement